Official Team Anton GOOD NIGHT, SWEET PRINCE Thread

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Thanks. Heard it on the radio today and thought I might be able to make the necessary changes to make it work.

Really wish I could find a way to get the second part of the song to work though. Something about the 2009 playoffs and Babchuk being hung seems like it would work. :laugh:

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Great Leader Anton has arrived in Calgary

194816890.jpg

194823041.jpg

babchukkostopulous.jpg

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
"I'm really excited to get an opportunity to play in Canada, in Calgary ... I look forward to doing my best to help the team winning as many game as we can."
Plan the parade, Flames. Anton would win that Stanley cup for Calgary alone.

"I've been back in Europe a couple times because I had some contracts issues but I'd like to say thank you to the Carolina Hurricanes organization for bringing me back both times and giving me a good opportunity to play in the NHL."
:handclap:

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
You know, I've been a Canes fan for quite a while and I've never gotten into the Babs love. After doing a little research today, I have discovered that I've underestimated his accomplishments.

washingtoncrossingthede.jpg

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Plan the parade, Flames. Anton would win that Stanley cup for Calgary alone.

:handclap:

It's more than anything Tripp gave him last night. Just barely containing his dislike for the guy the entire time he played here, and last night discussing the trade:

"You lose a great character, salt of the Earth guy like Kostopolous....and we wish Anton the best whereever he ends up".

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
January 11th.

The Anton returns to his kingdom and he will shower us with slapshots from the point, leading to the inevitable rain of hats.

Heretic! Our Anton is a just and loving Anton who would never rain such a plague down upon His chosen people!

Anton has just gone to spread his awesomeness elsewhere. He'll be back to Carolina, guaranteed. :nod:

Heretic! A member of the Church of Anton Anatoliiovych of the Latter Day Slapshot! Stone him!

Great Leader Anton has arrived in Calgary

194816890.jpg

194823041.jpg

babchukkostopulous.jpg

Babchuk smiles?

He smiles down upon us all every day. What do you think sunshine is if not the very essence of The Anton's benevolence?

GoCanes2013

May 7, 2009
Raleigh
I too like this logo alot. However my enjoyment of it makes me a little uneasy since it's simply a knockoff of what was created in Atl. I will never truly identify it as a Calgary logo

Oh gracious and humble followers, great to news to rejoice upon: Anton has decreed that he will IPO himself on 14 Dec 2010. Only HF members with Anton usernames may partake. 300 shares of Anton for each of us. Anton will be listed on the NYSE as the symbol ANTN. Oh Happy Day!

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
It's more than anything Tripp gave him last night. Just barely containing his dislike for the guy the entire time he played here, and last night discussing the trade:

"You lose a great character, salt of the Earth guy like Kostopolous....and we wish Anton the best whereever he ends up".

I caught that from Tripp too. I was a little surprised that he couldn't at least fake it and be complimentary.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He's been particular insufferable this year. Usually, he'd say stupid things and it'd be easy to laugh it off and chalk it up to Tripp being Tripp.

Nowadays, he's starting to become less "quirky color guy" and more "blatant homer".

faulkingdynamic

J Troll
Oct 4, 2006
Raleigh NC
I caught that from Tripp too. I was a little surprised that he couldn't at least fake it and be complimentary.

Forslund basically did the same thing on his radio appearances, good luck and peace out. Honestly i think Tripp was just relaying a sentiment that is prevelant among the lockerroom. Noone dislikes Anton but noone really likes him either. He simply isnt a leader, glue guy, or an important cog.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Anton will be playing verus Chicago tonight. No mercy shall be shown to the classless team that kept our Great Leader in the AHL for nearly three years. At least four hat tricks shall be scored by Anton.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
The Anton has blessed Calgary with a goal. The Creator's greatness abounds. His repute remains untarnished by the relocation of his kingdom.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00