Official Team Anton GOOD NIGHT, SWEET PRINCE Thread

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Antonnukah differs for each team. Our celebration was from January 20th till the 28th, to remember the day he graced us with his presence till the day he blessed us with his first goal.

For Flame fans, their celebration should start today and last until the Anton scores in their uniform. If he has not scored after 33 days, it means the Anton is displeased with the organization and will defect to the KHL.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
...and that's why you don't change your username!

walterweatherman.jpg

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Can someone please explain to me and fans from the other 29 other teams in the nhl how this obsession with anton got started? This thing is turning into a chuck norris obsession.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
There are 33 teams in the Anton Babchuk Hockey League (ABHL), not 30. This includes 29 teams from the former NHL along with Team Anton, Team Anatoliiovych, and Team Babchuk. The Oilers have been replaced with Avangard Omsk so Babchuk can simulate defecting to the KHL six times a year.

Uncultured Buffoon

Nov 15, 2010
North Carolina
If I could change my username it would be to honor this special day and he who blesses us all. But it cannot come to pass, because I'm new. But, from this day forward I should be thought of as the Babchuckster.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I woke up this morning with tears in my eyes. I know The Anton put them there. Farewell, Sweet Prince. I pray that you do not hold any ill-will toward us here in Carolina, and select us to make the play-offs, and hopefully, come back next year. See you at the ASG, Great One.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
On a serious note, I don't really care that the King is gone. Perhaps it was because he's out of place in the Top 4 and there's no speedy, puck-moving D to compliment him on the bottom pairing. Harrison-Babchuk may have been a better pairing than expected, but it was still bad and probably only looked good because it was being compared to the Gleason-Corvo gong show.

Hopefully the Flames can find a good d-partner for him. Bouwmeester plays a similar style to Pitkanen, but it's the same issue with Babchuk being forced to play tougher minutes than he should. Flames fans should pray that His Holiness does not see a single shift alongside Steve Staois. Maybe Giordano or Mikkelson?

Anton would have been a lot more useful here if we could win a face-off and maintain possession of the puck for more than five seconds on the powerplay. Oh, and if Corvo wasn't getting huge amounts of undeserved PP time over Anton. Pitkanen and Babchuk have played really well on the powerplay together, while Pitkanen and Corvo have not, to put it nicely. So of course we put Pitkanen with Corvo and McBain with Babchuk, resulting in Pitkanen and Corvo playing catch while looking completely uncomfortable, while Babchuk is stuck with McBain taking weak wrist shots at player's feet.

Okay, enough serious discussion. THERE IS NO GOD BUT ANTON AND JEFF SKINNER (PEACE BE UPON HIM) IS HIS PROPHET.

Last edited:

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

See what happens when you succumb to the Anton peer pressure.

Ya'll are stuck with these names for a year.

Although, I should probably be thanking all of you, because this is the reason he got traded. ;)

Atleast the Babchuk saga is now over.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere

Although, I should probably be thanking all of you, because this is the reason he got traded. ;)

Or not. I read a spoiler for next season, SPOILER ALERT: he comes back.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

From a town known as Kiev, Ukraine
Came a boy with a wood stick in his hand
And his ability to hit the twine
Made him a legend in his time
East and west of the Raleigh Grande

Well, he started with an arena in Chicago