Official tank thread and tanking GDT #12 (Sabres @ Stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Since the Oilers are so far ahead we can surely lock up 29th which would still give us 33.5% chance at McEichel.

Sorry man, if that was meant to make me feel better it didn't work. That's just a 1/3 chance for McEichel instead of 100% :cry: we are Buffalo. We never catch a break or get lucky, and we can't have nice things. That huge win streak earlier this season is going to cost us a superstar :shakehead

The Penguins were on the power play......

And La Costa said this:

Sorry bro, but Boedker and Hanzal both went down with injuries. Boedker is a stud, and so is Hanzal. On top of that, you say we have OEL and Doan, but don't mention any other players. You obviously don't know what you are talking about if you think those are the only 2 players that we have.

:laugh: sorry, but you need to comprehend what the word stud actually means because Boedker and Hanzal aren't studs. You have one and that's OEL. Boedker and Hanzal are top 6/9 forwards. Not studs.

Oh and who else do you have on the roster as of TODAY? Martin Erat? Sam Gagner? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Again, you have two quality players on your team on the active roster as of today. Everyone else is nothing special or in 90% of the case straight trash.

Last edited:

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
:laugh: sorry, but you need to comprehend what the word stud actually means because Boedker and Hanzal aren't studs. You have one and that's OEL. Boedker and Hanzal are top 6/9 forwards. Not studs.

Oh and who else do you have on the roster as of TODAY? Martin Erat? Sam Gagner? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Again, you have two quality players on your team on the active roster as of today. Everyone else is nothing special or in 90% of the case straight trash.

Gee, you are starting earlier than normal today...

Apologies, Waffle. Not representative of the masses. Best of luck.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Gee, you are starting earlier than normal today...

Apologies, Waffle. Not representative of the masses. Best of luck.

Apologize for what? Oh please tell me who on their roster is anything better then a fringe NHL player outside of a near retirement Doan and OEL? Kyle Chipchura? Sam Gagner? Brandon Gormley? Yeah I'll wait.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Don't count edmonton out just yet. All of their last 7 games are against pacific division teams desperately trying to make the playoffs. If they win more than 1 of those games I'll be shocked.

If they so much as earn another two points, they're gone. In that case, we'd probably need 9 pts in our last ten games. With this roster, I just don't see that happening. I think Edmonton finishes with around 60-62 pts.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Arizona isn't even trying to get a point. I have no idea how we don't beat them coming up because they are simply awful.

I really think think TM needs to tell Nolan, you cannot win these games.

I watch Eickel the past two nights, and if you can't have McDavid, my goodness this kid has it all. Just to put into risk not getting either guy to win pointless games in late March, early April is frightening.

The perfect situation is we end in 30th and either us or Arizona win the lottery but since that can't be promised, just lose.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I don't know about you guys, but if we pull this off and finish last I'm going to be so happy.

If we somehow win the lotto too and get McDavid I'm going to be so obnoxious to other fans.

"It really is the best way to rebuild, we knew it all along. Maybe your team wouldn't be a middling 10th-7th place team if they rebuilt properly, etc etc"

I am going to wait 2-3 years and then chastise the fans of whichever team is at the bottom for tanking. I will then spend my days saying how unsportsmanlike and immoral it is while questioning their integrity.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Apologize for what? Oh please tell me who on their roster is anything better then a fringe NHL player outside of a near retirement Doan and OEL? Kyle Chipchura? Sam Gagner? Brandon Gormley? Yeah I'll wait.

5 of our starting forwards last night were on the Americans' roster on opening night, with a 6th (D'Amigo) that was acquired in a minor league deal. We traded both of our goaltenders who came out of camp. We traded our #1 defenseman and a top 6 forward for a package that featured a winger who is out for the year . Our defense features 2 rookies, Tyson Strachan, Andre Benoit and Andrej Meszaros.

We live in a glass house.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
As of 3/22| BUF | EDM | ARI
Games Played | 72 | 72 | 72 |
Games Remaining | 10 | 10 | 10 |
Points | 47 | 53 | 50 |
McEichel Number | | 15 | 18 |
% of finishing 30th | 79 | 2 | 19 |

Convenient Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3QhNNqbpofBFS_dVd-4/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

pubchart

Games Tonight:
Vancouver @ Arizona, 8:00 PM EDT (CITY,FS-A PLUS)

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
So, with Arizona having eight games left against teams other than buffalo, I'd give them an over-under of 1.5 wins in those.

fing0rz

Nov 29, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.justin.tv
Current magic number:

Edmonton:
Row magic number: 7
Edmonton owns the head to head. So if they tie at row, Edmonton finishes 29.

Arizona:
Row magic number: 6
Head to head magic number: 3 points
Goal differential: currently Arionza is 15 up.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Isn't the magic number 15 for Edmonton? I'm not trying to start a five-page argument, so can the mods adopt the magic number standard to be used for those of us who don't want to do the math ourselves but are getting confused by the different magic numbers being used by warring factions who disagree a to what constitutes a magic numbers?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Isn't the magic number 15 for Edmonton? I'm not trying to start a five-page argument, so can the mods adopt the magic number standard to be used for those of us who don't want to do the math ourselves but are getting confused by the different magic numbers being used by warring factions who disagree a to what constitutes a magic numbers?

Fingorz and fingorz alone always posts magic numbers 1 point below what they are because he wants to do the tie breaker analysis right below it. There, confusion solved. If the mods haven't stepped in and stopped him yet, I doubt they will.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Yes, the magic number for Edmonton by the definition 99.9% of people go by is 15.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
5 of our starting forwards last night were on the Americans' roster on opening night, with a 6th (D'Amigo) that was acquired in a minor league deal. We traded both of our goaltenders who came out of camp. We traded our #1 defenseman and a top 6 forward for a package that featured a winger who is out for the year . Our defense features 2 rookies, Tyson Strachan, Andre Benoit and Andrej Meszaros.

We live in a glass house.

Ignore him. A vast majority of of us have by now. The last thing we need is new blood quoting him.

Clock

May 13, 2006
The anxiety / anticipation I feel seriously is reminiscent of playoffs.

Cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad