OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
Sox are relevant so the WEEI numbers go up and TSH go down is my guess.

Maybe I'm misreading the chart but it doesn't really look like WEEI numbers are going up significantly. Sports Hub listeners could just be going somewhere else.

I will definitely be listening to more WEEI with my boy Keefe moving to 10-2

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sox are relevant so the WEEI numbers go up and TSH go down is my guess.
That's my assumption. they don't have rights to the Sox or anything relevant in the summer (sorry Revs), neither the Celtics nor Bruins have had eventful offseasons, and they all go on vacation. Once Pats preseason starts and Zolak and Beetle can analyze the hell out of everything and T&R start getting their phone in interviews with players and especially once they get Meriweather's weekly segment going again, and the first time there's a controversial release of a player or playcall in a game that Felger can pontificate about for a week, their numbers will pick back up

Reactions: LSCII

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
The first question is why?

OMF is far superior to Bertrand & Zolak, and the media gossip and back-and-forth on K&C is more riveting than the stammering from Fred and sound bites on T&R. I think the only anchor of WEEI is Dale & Keefe, but with their move back to mid-day, I think they'll be competitive with Bertrand & Zolak. Wouldn't surprise me to see OMF give F&M a run for their money.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don’t have a link but according to Toucher and Rich their new building was sold and they are apparently moving out to Needham near the TripAdvisor building right off 128 and Kendrick Street.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I don’t have a link but according to Toucher and Rich their new building was sold and they are apparently moving out to Needham near the TripAdvisor building right off 128 and Kendrick Street.

3 minutes in

Toucher and Rich: Will the station be moving again and Red Sox win (Hour 1) - Toucher & Rich - Omny.fm

Center Court buys Star Market, media building on Morrissey Blvd.

There’s more movement on William T. Morrissey Boulevard, as a familiar name consolidates more land on the increasingly in-demand stretch of road. Center Court Properties, which has offices in New York and Boston, has acquired two major parcels this week through its CC 35-55 Morrissey LLC.

The LLC purchased the Star Market at 35 Morrissey Blvd. and the Beasley Media Group Boston building at 55 Morrissey Blvd. for a combined $56 million on Aug. 6, according to the recorded deed. These lots and the smaller parcels around them comprise about 280,000 square feet of land.

Center Court, which could not immediately be reached for comment, also purchased the former WLVI-TV studio at 75 Morrissey Blvd. for $14.5 million in June 2017. The earlier purchase was through a different subsidiary, CC 75 Morrissey LLC.

Reactions: Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
3 minutes in

Toucher and Rich: Will the station be moving again and Red Sox win (Hour 1) - Toucher & Rich - Omny.fm

Center Court buys Star Market, media building on Morrissey Blvd.

There’s more movement on William T. Morrissey Boulevard, as a familiar name consolidates more land on the increasingly in-demand stretch of road. Center Court Properties, which has offices in New York and Boston, has acquired two major parcels this week through its CC 35-55 Morrissey LLC.

The LLC purchased the Star Market at 35 Morrissey Blvd. and the Beasley Media Group Boston building at 55 Morrissey Blvd. for a combined $56 million on Aug. 6, according to the recorded deed. These lots and the smaller parcels around them comprise about 280,000 square feet of land.

Center Court, which could not immediately be reached for comment, also purchased the former WLVI-TV studio at 75 Morrissey Blvd. for $14.5 million in June 2017. The earlier purchase was through a different subsidiary, CC 75 Morrissey LLC.
Yay more f***ing condos!!!!!!

Reactions: GordonHowe

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Pretty entertaining K and C this morning.

However, I'm truly worried that this will end badly for Kirk, though. A week - 10 days, is a very short amount of time to be "in treatment" for such a serious issue.

I don't think anyone thinks he's stable (or ever has been), but this is a serious situation that needs a high degree of treatment.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My take on Kirk

He’s very talented more than 90% of the media but he’s got a very nasty streak and anyone listening knows his meanness is legendary.

He’s got young children and a lot to live for however long it may be and hopefully for a long time.

That is serious and I hope he gets excellent help and continous treatment and can enjoy life. His behavior just on the radio is so erratic I’m not sure anything reported on him would surprise me sadly.

Reactions: sarge88

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Pretty entertaining K and C this morning.

However, I'm truly worried that this will end badly for Kirk, though. A week - 10 days, is a very short amount of time to be "in treatment" for such a serious issue.

I don't think anyone thinks he's stable (or ever has been), but this is a serious situation that needs a high degree of treatment.

kinda my take on it all as well.

I hope he is able to get healthy, but Im also never going to feel bad for or any sympathy for him given how he has treated others with similar issues

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My take on Kirk

He’s very talented more than 90% of the media but he’s got a very nasty streak and anyone listening knows his meanness is legendary.

He’s got young children and a lot to live for however long it may be and hopefully for a long time.

That is serious and I hope he gets excellent help and continous treatment and can enjoy life. His behavior just on the radio is so erratic I’m not sure anything reported on him would surprise me sadly.

The best thing for him health-wise would be to use his writing skills to write books.....non-controversial books.

The fact that many of his opinions are such a lightning rod makes life difficult.

He always needs to be “on” and living in a state of hyper-arousal is not conducive to good mental health.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The best thing for him health-wise would be to use his writing skills to write books.....non-controversial books.

The fact that many of his opinions are such a lightning rod makes life difficult.

He always needs to be “on” and living in a state of hyper-arousal is not conducive to good mental health.
He's a bad guy who also happens to have a disease.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He's a bad guy who also happens to have a disease.

Maybe.

Regardless....living a lifestyle where your mind is constantly in overdrive isn’t easy.

His persona is combative and needs to be because of both his position on many issues as well as his job.

It’s a difficult way to live.....constant conflict, day after day coupled with inner turmoil due to family issues/substance issues and/or mental health, makes it extremely difficult live a healthy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad