OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm assuming Felger & mazz.

probably

not a fan of Rich and Toucher...half of their show is not even about sports. Best part of their show are the guests

Zolak and Beatle have their moments... but the best moments are when they are clowning around... or making fun of the callers. Some wild conspiracy theories

Felger and Mazz think they know alot/intellectual... at times they thread the needle but at other times its a head scratcher. It is entertaining on avg. It seems like none of the coaches/GMs etc want to come on the show. Boy did they ever piss off Neely 2 years ago. I thought Neely was going to punch them through the phone

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Felger railing against the B's today over the Zboril/Senyshyn picks instead of Chabot, Connor, or Barzal. Clearly lifting content right from this site...lol
Barzal struggling mightily and since the rant Senyshyn has bagged Stars in both games

Thanks Mike

Senyshyn 21 Mike. I hope you don’t give up on your 2 princesses that quick

I figured who Barzal reminds me of

Kenny Linsman the early years without the edge and the shooting

Barzal is an excellent skater and creator like The Rat and maybe even have a better shot he just doesn’t use it. Linsman in big games could play D but that era he didn’t have to or wasn’t expected to.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Barzal struggling mightily and since the rant Senyshyn has bagged Stars in both games

Thanks Mike

Senyshyn 21 Mike. I hope you don’t give up on your 2 princesses that quick

I figured who Barzal reminds me of

Kenny Linsman the early years without the edge and the shooting

Barzal is an excellent skater and creator like The Rat and maybe even have a better shot he just doesn’t use it. Linsman in big games could play D but that era he didn’t have to or wasn’t expected to.
That's like comparing Attila the Hun to Mary Poppins. Love Kenny and think Barzal is a very good player, and boy would he look good on the top line right now. A large chuck of Linsemans game was driving teams crazy, making them look to hit him and opening up his passing lanes by creating his own space by being as dirty as Bobby Clarke. A clean Linseman would never gave lasted in the NHL.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's like comparing Attila the Hun to Mary Poppins. Love Kenny and think Barzal is a very good player, and boy would he look good on the top line right now. A large chuck of Linsemans game was driving teams crazy, making them look to hit him and opening up his passing lanes by creating his own space by being as dirty as Bobby Clarke. A clean Linseman would never gave lasted in the NHL.
I’m talking the skills like skating and creating

Barzal needs wingers who can finish

He’s a 20/62/82 guy but without any scorers he’s going to put up 2/3rds that

Anyways screw Barzal the guy I wanted and liked is Colin White

I’m still going to laugh when Senyshyn next year is in Boston doing very well

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bear was seen near NBC Sports Boston studios last night - Heard he was looking for Felger and Mazz

Reactions: BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Castiglione will be there until he doesn't want to be there anymore or dies. Same as Heinsohn w/ the C's. I'm assuming eventually he won't want to travel with them (not sure if he already does this), much like Heinsohn and Remy.

Neverett was perfectly adequate, but just too vanilla for my liking.
Shad to she Tim go. Sure doesh shuck.

Reactions: sarge88

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Mendoza does have knowledge, and she's definitely gotten better, but she's just not good in the actual booth, and I don't think that will ever change. If she was doing pre/post game stuff with pre-taped segments, I think that would be much more in her wheelhouse.
Having a softball player be a MLB color analyst is the equivalent of an Olympic Ping Pong champion being a color analyst at Wimbledon.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Merloni is excellent when he covers games
To an extent. Merloni clearly knows baseball, and he's capable of providing excellent insight, but when I've heard him, he tends to step all over the others in the booth, he talks too fast, and he lacks the communication skills to handle play-by-play duties. Unless it ends up being a three-man booth, we'd either have nine innings of Castiglione calling the game (...something that I'm not sure Joe can or wants to do at this stage in his career), or we'd listen to several innings a night of Framingham Lou tripping all over himself while trying to describe the action.

Either that, or... WEEI follows through on their plan to make their broadcasts more like a talk show than an actual traditional baseball broadcast. Merloni would fit in that booth, but who in their right mind wants to listen to something like that?

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad