OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm guessing most fans who tune in for this interview might be more interested in hearing what Tom has to say about the upcoming season and the wide receiver position.

If it makes Tom happy having his binki around, I'm fine with it.

Pretty funny that Kirk was getting trolled after his interview

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That's so disingenuous from Chatham. You have to be willfully ignorant or intentionally obtuse to think there's absolutely nothing there worth asking about. Almost two decades of mostly controversy-free football from Tom Brady, and now he's skipping OTAs after his bestie is barred from the lockerroom and it's nothing?

Maybe it isn't a big deal. Maybe the story is blown out proportion. Know what would help clear that up? Brady acting like an adult when the issue is raised. If he said, "Alex was on the plane, I was glad to have him, but there was never an issue before. It was media created, me and coach are fine and always have been. But you know I won't get into specifics, that's stuff we deal with in the lockerroom as a team."

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's so disingenuous from Chatham. You have to be willfully ignorant or intentionally obtuse to think there's absolutely nothing there worth asking about. Almost two decades of mostly controversy-free football from Tom Brady, and now he's skipping OTAs after his bestie is barred from the lockerroom and it's nothing?

Maybe it isn't a big deal. Maybe the story is blown out proportion. Know what would help clear that up? Brady acting like an adult when the issue is raised. If he said, "Alex was on the plane, I was glad to have him, but there was never an issue before. It was media created, me and coach are fine and always have been. But you know I won't get into specifics, that's stuff we deal with in the lockerroom as a team."

He's not skipping out on OTA's because of AG. He skipped them because BB revealed himself to be a hypocrite. It's easy to put in the extra work and put the team first when the coach is holding everyone, including himself, to the same standard. But why lay it all on the line for the team and put in hours upon hours of extra work when the coach showed he was full of shit in the biggest game of the year? BB cost them a Super Bowl by not doing what was best for the team and playing Butler. He took a huge hit with his credibility, and rightly so. Brady skipping OTAs this year is far more a result of that than anything related to Alex Guerrero, IMO.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
At this point, why does Brady want to revisit this mess? So the media can start talking about it again? So his words can be twisted or we can have even more speculation
about whatever soap opera is going on behind the scenes?

Even if the question had to be asked, he said he didn't want to talk about it - move on and talk about something the fans might find semi interesting..

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
At this point, why does Brady want to revisit this mess? So the media can start talking about it again? So his words can be twisted or we can have even more speculation
about whatever soap opera is going on behind the scenes?

Even if the question had to be asked, he said he didn't want to talk about it - move on and talk about something the fans might find semi interesting..
If you listened to it Kirk was fine to move on and said "Ok, go ahead Evan" and Tom started talking about it again and Kirk referred to his own conversation with Alex and that Alex said it was all overblown.

Brady made this worse on himself by hanging up. It is a national story now and he will be asked about it more.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
If you listened to it Kirk was fine to move on and said "Ok, go ahead Evan" and Tom started talking about it again and Kirk referred to his own conversation with Alex and that Alex said it was all overblown.

Brady made this worse on himself by hanging up. It is a national story now and he will be asked about it more.

Probably.

I find nothing more interesting than who was on the team plane, where they stood on the sidelines..

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Meh just about everything Brady does becomes a national story. If Brady took a dump and forgot to flush it would become a national story. The only thing important to the media is driving views/clicks/likes. If they can bring in viewers/listeners it boost the companies metrics, which is what they use to as part of their pitch for new advertisers. It also helps them increase ad prices because they are providing more exposure.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Meh just about everything Brady does becomes a national story. If Brady took a dump and forgot to flush it would become a national story. The only thing important to the media is driving views/clicks/likes. If they can bring in viewers/listeners it boost the companies metrics, which is what they use to as part of their pitch for new advertisers. It also helps them increase ad prices because they are providing more exposure.
Which hanging up fueled even more. If he just stuck with "we are all fine, we are moving on" it gives them no where to go.

He made it worse by hanging up because it opens speculation even more.

Reactions: BMC and hoss75

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Which hanging up fueled even more. If he just stuck with "we are all fine, we are moving on" it gives them no where to go.

fueled it more to who? I personally don't care about whether or not Alex was on the plane, sideline or waiting in the locker room. If I'm tuning in to hear Brady, I want to hear about the upcoming season and what he's thinking. That's the problem, EEI has turned into a TMZ of sports radio.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
fueled it more to who? I personally don't care about whether or not Alex was on the plane, sideline or waiting in the locker room. If I'm tuning in to hear Brady, I want to hear about the upcoming season and what he's thinking. That's the problem, EEI has turned into a TMZ of sports radio.
Fueled it more for the media, locally and nationally, to keep asking him about it.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

The very reason I listen to the NFL network instead of the local buffoonery...I'm interested in football, not soap operas.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Fueled it more for the media, locally and nationally, to keep asking him about it.

Even if Brady tried to dismiss the topic, it would still be fuel for the media. We're talking about the same media that was still talking about Brady not shaking Foles hand 6 months after the Superbowl. The Media create its own fuel because that's what they need to sell their ad space. That's all these media outlets care about now is the ad revenue the can generate.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Lonnie, I think you're wrong about why Brady skipped. No way to know.

But this attitude that "none of this is relevant" is absurd. Brady has made it relevant. So if you're mad it's a story blame Brady, who made Guerrero a public figure and who keeps making it worse by refusing to answer questions about him.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Even if Brady tried to dismiss the topic, it would still be fuel for the media. We're talking about the same media that was still talking about Brady not shaking Foles hand 6 months after the Superbowl. The Media create its own fuel because that's what they need to sell their ad space. That's all these media outlets care about now is the ad revenue the can generate.

Oh yeah that was a huge story. HUGE. NAILED IT.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Lonnie, I think you're wrong about why Brady skipped. No way to know.

But this attitude that "none of this is relevant" is absurd. Brady has made it relevant. So if you're mad it's a story blame Brady, who made Guerrero a public figure and who keeps making it worse by refusing to answer questions about him.

I think Tom has made it clear who Guerrero is and what he does for him.

The media wants to know the insight into Belichick/Guerrero and stuff that's behind the scenes- stuff that he certainly doesn't have to tell them.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think Tom has made it clear who Guerrero is and what he does for him.

The media wants to know the insight into Belichick/Guerrero and stuff that's behind the scenes- stuff that he certainly doesn't have to tell them.

He doesn't. And every time he doesn't he makes it worse.

Again, he made Guerrero someone worth asking about. And we all know something happened with Belichick and Guerrero last season, and ever since then there's been some issue between the coach and QB.

Every question about Guerrero Brady has stomped away from has been fair and reasonable. He continues to fuel the fire by refusing to address it. And it would be so easy to address it in a manner that put it out.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Brady isn't going to get into the behind the scenes stuff. He's made that clear time and again.

The media asking if he's on the flight, where he watches the games are just questions to get back to the stuff with Belichick.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
in the end WEEI needs Brady more than he needs them. Hope he boycotts until they give us an interview that doesn't end in chaos. If they want to harass him and not respect his boundries about Guerrero I fully support Brady giving them nothing.

Last edited:

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA

Unfortunately, Brady has almost no social intelligence. Not saying most NFL players are better, but he has the money to hire a PR firm to deal with any questions not related to throwing a ball. He could turn things like this around on the media pretty easily, but instead it comes across like he's hiding something.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe it’s just me but I’m Alex Guerrero’d out

Tv and radio off

Alex Guerrero talk has reached Car for Kida annoyance

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Unfortunately, Brady has almost no social intelligence. Not saying most NFL players are better, but he has the money to hire a PR firm to deal with any questions not related to throwing a ball. He could turn things like this around on the media pretty easily, but instead it comes across like he's hiding something.

alright, tell us your conspiracy theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad