OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This isn't Boston, of course, but still thought it was cool. Dan Shugart has been the Pensacola sportscaster for the same news station for 40 years.... Don't see that very often.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-3-24_17-48-45.png

upload_2021-3-24_17-50-32.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Audacy-1024x569.jpg

“It’s part ‘audio,’ it’s part ‘audacious’ and it’s part ‘odyssey,'” David Field, chairman of the Philadelphia-based company, explained to news anchor Steve Scott on New York’s WCBS. “That’s the derivation of the name.”

Whether it will resonate with listeners and advertisers or join the corporate ash heap with “tronc” and other famous flops, the rebranding marks the latest effort by a legacy media company to remain relevant. The new name is intended to encompass broadcasting, podcasting, digital, network, live experiences, music sports and news.

Saying the company’s old name “no longer fits,” Field told his hometown Philadelphia Inquirer: “Entercom reflected radio only. We’ve outgrown it. It’s broader than that, and it also didn’t fit our aspirations.

“We have transformed into a fundamentally different and dramatically enhanced organization and so it is time to embrace a new name and brand identity.”

With 230 radio stations in 47 markets, Audacy is the nation’s second-largest commercial radio broadcaster behind iHeart Media (which changed its name from Clear Channel Communications in 2014).

Babajingo

I was so excited to get FuboTV with the NHL network, because YouTubeTV didn't carry it. Love Rupp, Weekes ,Grimson and others. But is Brian Lawton married to Bettmans daughter or something? My god he is horrible. He's an analyst but provides no real analysis. Hard to watch.

Bring back Fred and Johnny. To this day, I still remember Johnny stressing the importance of the snapshot and backhand shots. Yes I'm that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00