OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
WEEI staffers can not be sleeping well

Multiple sources have confirmed to RadioInsight that a round of layoffs are imminent across Audacy’s local markets with the planned personnel cuts taking place as soon as Tuesday.

Audacy CEO David Field and CFO Rich Schmaeling indicated “cost reductions” were coming on their Q2 Earnings Call earlier this month with Field stating, “We are working to enact substantial sustainable savings through a number of measures to improve margins and profitability across the business. We believe we will be able to deliver meaningful cost reductions without hindering our strategic priorities and growth plans.” Schmaeling added, “We are working on a program to meaningfully reduce our expenses and we will provide further details about the scope and extent of those actions on our third quarter call.”

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm interested to see what they do once everything has been settled at the MA Gaming Commission to bring sports betting online.

They have the over/under show on the weekend and Joe Murray and Dan Lifshatz have a weekly segment on T&R and get brought on to other shows if needed.
I FULLY expect 93.7 to do this once betting starts

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Thursday at 10 a.m.​

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Thursday at 11 a.m.​

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I thought he played football in college?
He did. URI I believe.

@Fenway what the hell is going on at the Sports Hub? The stream is down and they have had all sorts of issues since moving to new building. Listening in car yesterday it sounded like I was listening to some horrendous internet stream from 15 years ago. They can't play their into songs to shows either. Very bizarre.

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
He did. URI I believe.

@Fenway what the hell is going on at the Sports Hub? The stream is down and they have had all sorts of issues since moving to new building. Listening in car yesterday it sounded like I was listening to some horrendous internet stream from 15 years ago. They can't play their into songs to shows either. Very bizarre.
Waltham is a dump and the building they’re in is already outdated. They should have found a way to stay in the city.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I just got picked up by cousin in the North End and drove to Hingham area with the radio on, the whole way Felger was complaining about technology and how difficult it is to use streaming services. Pretty funny as a millennial.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: smithformeragent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes