OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Let's hope this means a lot of Buccigross, a great play-by-play guy. Follows the play closely, conveys his enthusiasm for the game.

I strongly disagree. He is absolutely terrible. You sure you're not thinking of Steve Levy?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So having gotten NHL TV for the first time this season and being super happy about it, am I now going to have to subscribe to ESPN+ continue to get it? And I guess I will anyway if they decide to air the Bruins on that channel for an exclusive game.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not thrilled about the move to ESPN.

It's probably good for the players and the owners, but is it best for the fans? I have serious reservations.

NBC sucks they are getting rid of their sports network and peacock is a slap in the face keeping EPL games off TV.

All I know is that the sports coverage I got via cable up until the last year or so has been excellent and its rare that any college game I want or playoff game isn't shown.

Wonder if ESPN is considering rebranding the U to not be college only to show NHL games. Its not like SEC and ACC don't have their own channels.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBC sucks they are getting rid of their sports network and peacock is a slap in the face keeping EPL games off TV.

All I know is that the sports coverage I got via cable up until the last year or so has been excellent and its rare that any college game I want or playoff game isn't shown.

Wonder if ESPN is considering rebranding the U to not be college only to show NHL games. Its not like SEC and ACC don't have their own channels.
in some markets, the Longhorn (Texas) Network is also under their umbrella.... that's likely how Big 12 games are being shown on ESPN, Brad

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
So having gotten NHL TV for the first time this season and being super happy about it, am I now going to have to subscribe to ESPN+ continue to get it? And I guess I will anyway if they decide to air the Bruins on that channel for an exclusive game.

Unless they change the cost of it I think it will actually end up being cheaper and you can bundle it with Disney plus and Hulu if you've got kids or really love Marvel and star wars

Reactions: Dr Hook

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Unless they change the cost of it I think it will actually end up being cheaper and you can bundle it with Disney plus and Hulu if you've got kids or really love Marvel and star wars

I swear I read somewhere that ESPN+ is going to get more expensive, but I could be wrong.

Brass tacks, I wanna know what streaming services I need to see all the Bruins games. ABC/ESPN is pretty standard for most, but Hulu and ESPN+ I don’t think have quite the market penetration...yet. But I’d 100% plunk down the money - I already get Hulu with Spotify, and I’ve been thinking about (re)subscribing to Disney+. Bundling with ESPN+ would make sense for me.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I swear I read somewhere that ESPN+ is going to get more expensive, but I could be wrong.

Brass tacks, I wanna know what streaming services I need to see all the Bruins games. ABC/ESPN is pretty standard for most, but Hulu and ESPN+ I don’t think have quite the market penetration...yet. But I’d 100% plunk down the money - I already get Hulu with Spotify, and I’ve been thinking about (re)subscribing to Disney+. Bundling with ESPN+ would make sense for me.

End of the month it's going up a dollar a month or 10 dollars if you pay annually

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
At WEEI, right?
Yes he gone

I like Dale but get it

Danielle Murr leaving is horrible- she’s phenomenal best combo intelligence & sense of humor, animal advocate. That and I have a crush on her

@Fenway is this pay cut stuff / Dale leaving makes sense if I was him and could afford it but Danielle is probably one of youngest on that station

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That's too bad.

I thought NBC did a nice job with their NHL coverage.

I hate ESPN. They have never treated the game with respect. Doubtless about the dollars.

ESPN isn't the powerhouse it used to be either. Ratings have declined considerably and their on air personnel aren't nearly as good as they once were. I guess that is because of all the cost cutting they've had to do.

I used to watch ESPN a lot. Now I only tune in for E:60,a 30 for 30 piece that I really like or the CFL.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

I have Hulu + which includes ESPN + and HBO Max. ESPN+ gives me enough of a fix right now, there are 1 or 2 games on per night and a good variety of which teams are shown.

Years ago I used to get Center Ice but never found that I had enough time to watch all the games that I thought I'd watch.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I have Hulu + which includes ESPN + and HBO Max. ESPN+ gives me enough of a fix right now, there are 1 or 2 games on per night and a good variety of which teams are shown.

Years ago I used to get Center Ice but never found that I had enough time to watch all the games that I thought I'd watch.

Same here- I got NHLTV all teams, but I haven't found the time this season to watch much else besides the Bruins. Back in the Center Ice days i.e. before this season haha) I could often watch a lot of west coast games after the Bruins were done, but not finding that same time any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad