OT: Official Spittin Chiclets Thread

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's so weird how Americans wear shoes inside their house.
I have wood and tile downstairs. Shoes on. I have carpet upstairs. Shoes off. Interesting thing, is that my wife and I never discussed this. It's just what we started doing naturally. In our last home, it was exclusively tile. Shoes on. We sold that one, and bought a new one. Shoes have been parked at the bottom of the stairs ever since.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So laying on a comfortable couch while wearing shoes is a thing? Getting out of bed and getting dressed (shoes too) is also a thing?

I don't know what you hosers are talking aboot.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
When we are talking about shoes in houses. are we talking about those

index.jpg

or those

BI112G009-Q11@12.jpg

Because that is very comon where i come from.
you just use house shoes.

But i get it, i was growing up in japan (from 4-10) and i know why it can be interesting to wear shoes.
Even though we where wearing slip-ons there too most of the time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's so weird how Americans wear shoes inside their house.
It's because of the weather and what you get use to. When I lived in Edmonton, our shoes came off at the door no matter what time of year. In Phoenix, my shoes stay on most of the time. Family come to visit, enter the front door and the first they do is take off their shoes. Funny how that works. We are creatures of habit.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

May 13, 2004
So laying on a comfortable couch while wearing shoes is a thing? Getting out of bed and getting dressed (shoes too) is also a thing?

I don't know what you hosers are talking aboot.
No. Shoes come off before lounging. I get dressed upstairs where my clothes are and out my shoes on downstairs where my shoes are.

rt

May 13, 2004
It's because of the weather and what you get use to. When I lived in Edmonton, our shoes came off at the door no matter what time of year. In Phoenix, my shoes stay on most of the time. Family come to visit, enter the front door and the first they do is take off their shoes. Funny how that works. We are creatures of habit.
True. It’s just dry concrete everywhere. Never wet. Never off-road. Haha.

rt

May 13, 2004
I mean 6 Bud Lights is just a solid way of hydrating your body for game day right?
I’m so old that six BLs leaves me hungover. Might have something to do with the fact that I’m usually cramming them in between 9-11:30pm on a weeknight. This happens one every six or eight weeks when a few of the neighborhood dads have a “cigar night” - which is basically any excuse to slam a handful of BLs real quick while also smoking a nice cigar. Haha. Then again I have to wake up a 6am and chase kids. Stepan probably sleeps until noon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad