Official Scoreboard Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Sad isn't it?

Going to meaningful games in March, only second or 3rd time this century.

Good times finally.

well, i said we're better than last year which is the receipt of a good season to many. we really don't ask anything of this team. like, at all. if one do, this person is a pessimist. that's pure loser mentality which is all that we (the fans), the team and the office is all about.

panther hockey was awesome for big parts of the season. it was, as you said, meaningful games beeing played which was great and rare af for us.
thing is that the games are not really meaningful anymore which is why i hope those teams i mentioned passes us in the standings.
8th pick baby. :yo: panthers mentality.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I don't see the Bruins falling out of the Wild Card very easily at all. Those two losing streaks killed our chances and I figure if Boston keeps up their winning streak, it's going to require 97-98 points to get in.

Nevertheless, I figure we'll finish around 88-90 points and that is a big increase compared to last year's 66 points. Overall, while I'd be disappointed that we didn't make the playoffs after getting so close, I'm happy with the improvement.

I believe our biggest hole is on offense and especially at Wing. I think Tallon completely knows that and will try his best to do what it takes this offseason to help that issue.

I compare our team to the Blackhawks starting in 06-07 where they finished with 71 points. That is similar to our last season. In 07-08, they finished with 88 points and just missed out on the playoffs. That's where I put this season for us. In the next two seasons, in 08-09 they finished with 104 points, and as you all know won the Cup in 09-10 where they finished with 112 points. I'm hoping that we can on that same path with points increase.

This isn't like 11-12 or 08-09 where we had a good, but not great team. There were too many holes for the future and we saw what happened in the seasons afterward. Now, we have a prospect pool like we've never had before and owners for the first time that I can remember that give a damn about the team's future and fanbase and most importantly have money. I know we'll all be bummed a bit if we're on the outside looking in, but I feel like very good things are coming very soon for this team.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Were done. That's all she wrote. We had our fate in our own hands and imploded. Our team can only blame themselves for blowing this chance.

I don't know will next season be any different. We clearly need at least one good proven forward who can score 25+ goals or make people around him better. Hopefully add 2 proven forwards but I dont see that happening with 9.5M$ spent on scrubs like Bolland and Jokinen. Jagr is nice but he's slow as hell and he's not getting any younger or faster he'd be a nice addition for next season but we need to add a player who's good now and if that means trading some of the youth then we have to do it. Our kids will not amount to anything more than 30 point to max 50 point players if there not surrounded by real talent. The little stint Jagr is having here showed us that.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Were done. That's all she wrote. We had our fate in our own hands and imploded. Our team can only blame themselves for blowing this chance.

I don't know will next season be any different. We clearly need at least one good proven forward who can score 25+ goals or make people around him better. Hopefully add 2 proven forwards but I dont see that happening with 9.5M$ spent on scrubs like Bolland and Jokinen. Jagr is nice but he's slow as hell and he's not getting any younger or faster he'd be a nice addition for next season but we need to add a player who's good now and if that means trading some of the youth then we have to do it. Our kids will not amount to anything more than 30 point to max 50 point players if there not surrounded by real talent. The little stint Jagr is having here showed us that.

Your pessimism is impressive.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I enjoyed the season overall. I'm excited to watch them finish this campaign. They are still just a bit too inconsistent as a team to reach the Playoffs imo but they are getting there. I would like to see Howden with the team full time next season.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Not sure if everyone has seen this chart yet but it's pretty useful to see what's coming up for us and the competition.

(right click to view it bigger or download it)

B_ySORDUYAM-M_P.jpg:large

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The team's success in 2012 was because a career second line center and 2 borderline 3rd line players had the best seasons of their career. Remember October to December 2011? They had the most points of any one line in the league iirc. They came back to Earth and Florida almost missed the playoffs.

No one is overachieving on this team, which is why I don't think we'll see regression.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hopefully we can string a few W's together so that the games against Boston actually mean something.

That would be cool. I know if I let myself get excited after couple wins and we could crawl couple points closer to Boston they will once again disappoint me

I just don't see it happening

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
But we really aren't done yet realistically, although I fully understand why you would say that. We'll have a much clearer picture by the time we play that second game against Boston.

We have not been able to put together 3 games in a row. We don't have many streches of even being much over .500 in last 10 games. We legendary can't put together winning streaks and this team has not shown anything this season that makes me think they can.

Unless Bjugstad goes all Mario Lemieux, Barkov turns into Sergei Fedorov etc for the rest of the season I dont see how this material can put multiple wins in a row together. I predict we end up with 83 points

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
May I ask why? Have you seen the UFA crop?

I was sorta wondering about that too, the draft might be more interesting.

I'm not really interested in the free agent crop, but the Panthers closest competition will be worse and the cap crunch will mean some great trades will be available.

Like I said, Ottawa, Toronto and Buffalo will be bad. Detroit won't keep Babcock, which is a big loss, Bruins (though Krecji will be back and Pastrnak looks legit) will lose Campbell, Paille, Soderberg, possibly Seidenberg, and have Chara another year older. Not a scary team.

Re-sign Jagr and I really think Florida will take advantage of a team in cap hell and get a very good player for cheap via trade.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
We have not been able to put together 3 games in a row. We don't have many streches of even being much over .500 in last 10 games. We legendary can't put together winning streaks and this team has not shown anything this season that makes me think they can.

Unless Bjugstad goes all Mario Lemieux, Barkov turns into Sergei Fedorov etc for the rest of the season I dont see how this material can put multiple wins in a row together. I predict we end up with 83 points

Hey come on we did... once! :help:

You may be right but I'm not giving up hope yet. I'm hoping these players want to end the year off on a positive note and put forth their A game on a consistent basis. Some might say that's a lot to ask for considering it's the Panthers, but is it really?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I'm not really interested in the free agent crop, but the Panthers closest competition will be worse and the cap crunch will mean some great trades will be available.

Like I said, Ottawa, Toronto and Buffalo will be bad. Detroit won't keep Babcock, which is a big loss, Bruins (though Krecji will be back and Pastrnak looks legit) will lose Campbell, Paille, Soderberg, possibly Seidenberg, and have Chara another year older. Not a scary team.

Re-sign Jagr and I really think Florida will take advantage of a team in cap hell and get a very good player for cheap via trade.

Gotcha. Could see some moves at the draft too, that might be when the fun starts.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Gotcha. Could see some moves at the draft too, that might be when the fun starts.

Eh I don't think Florida is moving that pick.

Unless you mean trades, I kind of forget when the trade period starts. I assumed it was also July 1st, but obviously you can trade at the draft so it's before then.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

Unless you mean trades, I kind of forget when the trade period starts. I assumed it was also July 1st, but obviously you can trade at the draft so it's before then.

Oh Tallon isn't trading the first pick and yeah I meant trades. July 1st is the first day of free-agency but you can make trades before then.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

If I'm not mistaken, you can make a trade right now if you want. It's just that any player acquired after the deadline isn't eligible to play until the new league year begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00