Official Scoreboard Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Honestly 2 really bad 10 game stretches killed them. I'm hopeful for next year though, no salary cap increase and Florida will have a lot of room, with a lot of desperate teams having to sell. There's reason to be optimistic, I think.

Boston will be selling a lot of the core, so Florida should have a great shot at 4 in the Atlantic. Toronto and Buffalo are already non-factors and Ottawa isn't that good and won't spend money.

Copy paste from last page^

The other good news is that CBJ and Philly, who should be better next year, play in the Metro so it doesn't really impact Florida.

Also lol at the Jets. Really want them to miss.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
At this point there is no reason to really worry right now. There still is a lot of hockey to go, and a lot of mysteries will unfold. The point where I'm going to really worry is ~5 games left. At this point anything can happen, I don't think it's in our favor but who knows?

The Panthers need to step up their game and play some playoff hockey, that's all I know.

FlaPantherSwe*

Honestly 2 really bad 10 game stretches killed them. I'm hopeful for next year though, no salary cap increase and Florida will have a lot of room, with a lot of desperate teams having to sell. There's reason to be optimistic, I think.

Boston will be selling a lot of the core, so Florida should have a great shot at 4 in the Atlantic. Toronto and Buffalo are already non-factors and Ottawa isn't that good and won't spend money.

Copy paste from last page^

The other good news is that CBJ and Philly, who should be better next year, play in the Metro so it doesn't really impact Florida.

Also lol at the Jets. Really want them to miss.

But you agree next year is the year no more excuses?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We're going to face a Jets club who are on the brink of being knocked out of the playoffs! How perfect. We're going to get the Jets at their very best on a night we cant afford to lose. Again, just so fitting.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
with only 16 games remaining each, we need to out produce them by 7pt. thats a tall task, even if we beat them in regulation all 3 times we play them we'd still need to match them punch for punch the rest of the way and then another point.

i just wanna see the kids finish strong. i want to see ekblad finish out the season well, bjugstad score a little bit more here in the last several games, barkov and huberdeau to rack up some more points, and hopefully pirri can pot some more.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Ottawa 10-1-2 over the last 13 before tonight. Astonishing. If only we had the offensive production to do such a thing..

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
But you agree next year is the year no more excuses?

There were no excuses this year really, no injuries or major misfortune. Just 2 inexplicable bad stretches. But it's an almost 30 point improvement.

I'm happy because Florida didn't really overachieve. Luongo had a good year but it wasn't like he was lights out, right around his career average. No goalscoring whatsoever by any forwards minus Bugstad, so it's not like any of the top 9 had a definitive career year.

Unlike 2012 when Weiss, Steeger and Flash played way above their heads there's no reason for regression unless Ekblad or Gudbranson take huge steps back, which is unlikely. The team is built around good defense, and that shouldn't change for next year.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
We're going to face a Jets club who are on the brink of being knocked out of the playoffs! How perfect. We're going to get the Jets at their very best on a night we cant afford to lose. Again, just so fitting.

I feel like every day we get a post from you complaining about the lack of offense or skill on this team. It's irrelevant at this point, we can't fix it until after the season. But every day, it's literally the exact same post about how we could do this or that with more offense...I think we all get it by now. :deadhorse

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
i want philly & the sens (****, even NJ) to pass us now that the playoffs are out of our reach.
we've already made the statment that we're better than last year (big whoop) so why not climb a few steps in the draft?

Wander

May 12, 2014
i want philly & the sens (****, even NJ) to pass us now that the playoffs are out of our reach.
we've already made the statment that we're better than last year (big whoop) so why not climb a few steps in the draft?

That's crazy thinking.

The drafting system is stupid, but intentional tanking to get better draft positions is even more stupid.

While there's a chance, there's a chance.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
That's crazy thinking.

The drafting system is stupid, but intentional tanking to get better draft positions is even more stupid.

While there's a chance, there's a chance.

i don't mean that they should lose by purpose, i'm just saying that i won't be upset if we lose and the sens, philly & NJ wins. i'd acually be quite happy.

as i said, we've already shown we're better than last year and everyone is saying that we should take it babystep-by-babystep to the ****ing playoffs.
5 more years, wheeeeey

FlaPantherSwe*

i don't mean that they should lose by purpose, i'm just saying that i won't be upset if we lose and the sens, philly & NJ wins. i'd acually be quite happy.

as i said, we've already shown we're better than last year and everyone is saying that we should take it babystep-by-babystep to the ****ing playoffs.
5 more years, wheeeeey

Dont worry next year will be Tallons last year

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Jesus christ you guys are super pessimistic around here. I guess deservedly so but... 6 points out and we have the softer schedule and still face Boston 3 more times... I'll take my chances. I'll call if it were 6 points out with 10 games left.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I feel like every day we get a post from you complaining about the lack of offense or skill on this team. It's irrelevant at this point, we can't fix it until after the season. But every day, it's literally the exact same post about how we could do this or that with more offense...I think we all get it by now. :deadhorse

You're right.

I should switch to the exact same post about this team's unlimited potential by the fanboys brigade who have complete faith in Dale Tallon's every move. Spewing out a load of excuses year after year only to cap it off with "There's always next season".

That doesn't seem like :deadhorse at all.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Ottawa 10-1-2 over the last 13 before tonight. Astonishing. If only we had the offensive production to do such a thing..

Over their last 10 games the Sens have (8-1-1) they scored 22 goals. Over their last 10 games the Panthers (4-4-2) have scored 23 goals. So our offense can do such things, it remains to be seen if our goaltending can steal games.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Over their last 10 games the Sens have (8-1-1) they scored 22 goals. Over their last 10 games the Panthers (4-4-2) have scored 23 goals. So our offense can do such things, it remains to be seen if our goaltending can steal games.

To be fair with the injuries/illnesses/suspensions we've had a revolving door at defense for a large part of that 10 game span.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
You're right.

I should switch to the exact same post about this team's unlimited potential by the fanboys brigade who have complete faith in Dale Tallon's every move. Spewing out a load of excuses year after year only to cap it off with "There's always next season".

That doesn't seem like :deadhorse at all.

Most if not all of those are replies. Your "our offense sucks" posts spawn out of nothing. Like this one, not only is it completely wrong, but it's random and unnecessary

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

29 goals in the last 10 games for the Senators. See below.

ZqdjLBr.png

23 goals in the last 10 games for the Panthers. See below.

lvtWdZW.png

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Ottawa is obviously going to taper off, they're not the problem. The problem is Boston. They don't need to play that well to get to 94 points. The Panthers, on the other hand, basically have to play like one of the best teams in the league and then hope that Boston plays below their season average.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Ottawa is obviously going to taper off, they're not the problem. The problem is Boston. They don't need to play that well to get to 94 points. The Panthers, on the other hand, basically have to play like one of the best teams in the league and then hope that Boston plays below their season average.

Get 5 of 6 points in those three games, then win 2 more gms then they do.

Very tall task but have seen it before.

FlaPantherSwe*

I like those odds :sarcasm:

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Jesus christ you guys are super pessimistic around here. I guess deservedly so but... 6 points out and we have the softer schedule and still face Boston 3 more times... I'll take my chances. I'll call if it were 6 points out with 10 games left.

Sad isn't it?

Going to meaningful games in March, only second or 3rd time this century.

Good times finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad