Official Prudential Center, surrounding area and season ticket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Also keep in mind they said they will be adding things throughout the year, likely because they just can't guarantee dates for certain things too far out. My guess is player events and trips will be added later.

lol of course when they do that most of us won't know it and by the time we realize it they'll already be taken off by the people who check on the right day.

I left 10000 points unused just in case, but am worried they'll just sit till the end of the year and then there'll be nothing left worth using them on and I'll lose half.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
lol of course when they do that most of us won't know it and by the time we realize it they'll already be taken off by the people who check on the right day.

I left 10000 points unused just in case, but am worried they'll just sit till the end of the year and then there'll be nothing left worth using them on and I'll lose half.

i'm not using any points at the moment. my 17,000 can get me basically nothing that i find interesting except maybe the ice cream social. as of now, the list in my opinion isn't very good and some things are way over priced. how can you not have 1 meet and greet date figured out? my 2 favorite events were the bbq and skate with the team. now as of today, there is nothing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i'm not using any points at the moment. my 17,000 can get me basically nothing that i find interesting except maybe the ice cream social. as of now, the list in my opinion isn't very good and some things are way over priced. how can you not have 1 meet and greet date figured out? my 2 favorite events were the bbq and skate with the team. now as of today, there is nothing.

I'm sort of going on the premise sth's will be invited to the meet and greets during the season anyway the way we got invited to the open practice and Q/A's but if not I agree a very dissapointing list in general and like you said they already took away the bbq (though essentially replaced it with the open practice).

Among the list I just took the catered suite and ice cream social. The only other thing I was really interested in is the platinum lounge thing but I didn't want to use all my points at once. I don't want any part of the clubs till they get their **** together at least, plus it feels like you can see into them so much all you're missing is the food by not being inside and with the horror stories about the food in the last couple years...

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Prudential Center, New Jersey Devils and Goya Foods Announce New Multi-Platform Partnership

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=781224

Goya, based in Jersey City, N.J., will be the presenting sponsor of Prudential Center’s Latin concession locations, including the Ironbound on the upper concourse, named after Newark’s largely Hispanic district adjacent to the arena, and the Goya Street Taco Stand on the main concourse. Goya’s executive chef, Fernando Desa, will work alongside Prudential Center concessionaire Legends Hospitality to create original menu items for Goya concourse concessions and help provide Latin options on premium menus.

Solid work by the corporate sponsorship team! Not only getting a prominent NJ business on board with a major sponsorship that hits multiple areas of the team/arena functions, but also doing some community work in having them sponsor the annual food drive and joining in on the team's community service program. Really good work!

I'm personally excited for the street taco stand

Devils Nick30

Sep 7, 2010
New Jersey
Yeah, looked at the concession pass seats, but they weren't worth it. The seats are still extremely expensive, and I don't eat concession food enough to take advantage of the unlimited food. Decided to go with the last row of section 21 (last seats before the clubs start).

Has anyone tested out the "concession pass"? Is it a physical item that season ticket holders get? Or does the ticket itself just allow you to keep going to the concession stands? Was wondering if anyone had actually tested this out.

I saw some previous posts that people said if a single game ticket is being re-sold it won't have the pass, but season tickets will have the pass. I guess it's hit or miss if you are buying tickets off the secondary market?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Unfortunately what sucks (not sure if this is just a Rock thing or league wide thing) is that you can't bring anything from outside in (water/food) because you are able to in pretty much every other local arena/sport.

$16 is classic. There is no justifiable reason to spend $10 on a regular sized sandwich outside of the arena at a regular place :laugh:

GhostofKenKlee

60 percent premium for a sammich. Does it come with a little jar of Vasoline?

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
They raised the tri tip sandwich which is pretty good from $14 to $16. :nopity:

Wow ... that's just ... wow

The first time I had it, it was excellent ... hot, fresh. Next two times I think it had been sitting there for awhile (not even luke-warm). I am not a beer-drinker, but $25 for a (moderate-sized) sandwich and a beer seems crazy to me.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Unfortunately what sucks (not sure if this is just a Rock thing or league wide thing) is that you can't bring anything from outside in (water/food) because you are able to in pretty much every other local arena/sport.

$16 is classic. There is no justifiable reason to spend $10 on a regular sized sandwich outside of the arena at a regular place :laugh:

It's a state law thing. NY makes arenas let fans bring in a little bit of food/water where NJ doesn't so Metlife/Pru Center/Red Bull Arena all choose to not do it

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
It's a state law thing. NY makes arenas let fans bring in a little bit of food/water where NJ doesn't so Metlife/Pru Center/Red Bull Arena all choose to not do it

I would double-check that. You can bring food into MetLife. Official policy:

Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:

- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size

http://www.metlifestadium.com/guest-services/guest-policies

MSG also does not allow any outside food or beverages (though I know Citi Field does), so it seems like it more a stadium thing and arenas just ban it.

Outside food and beverages, including water, are not permitted in Madison Square Garden at any time.

http://www.thegarden.com/faq.html

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Must be the events I worked at Metlife that didn't allow outside food then and not the stadium itself. And if you told the Garden you needed a bottle of water for health reasons they can't stop you

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not sure about food but Red Bull Arena you can bring water bottles in as long as you unscrew the cap off in front of them.

Barclays doesn't allow you to bring in food or drinks either.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
You can't bring water in to RBA. You must have found a lazy security guard or someone who thought they were at Yankee Stadium as the stadium use the same security company

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
You can't bring water in to RBA. You must have found a lazy security guard or someone who thought they were at Yankee Stadium as the stadium use the same security company

Thats interesting.... since I do it just about every game.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Must be the events I worked at Metlife that didn't allow outside food then and not the stadium itself. And if you told the Garden you needed a bottle of water for health reasons they can't stop you

Could be because I was gunna say, the Giants games I go to every year I usually bring a sandwich/burger in from tailgating and other times I've brought in stacked/long heros I picked up at a deli before.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Yes you can, ive been a season ticket holder for years and have always done it. Straight from their website..

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/redbullarena/stadium-policies

Modest amount of food, one sealed bottle of water (seal will be broken and cap taken upon entering Red Bull Arena).

Guests are now permitted to enter through the gates with a one-gallon clear freeze bag with food, where all food can be visible.

Guests are now permitted one (1) 20oz or less sealed non-alcoholic plastic bottle through the gates. The seal of the bottle will be broken at the gate and the caps will be taken at entry.

GhostofKenKlee

Bingo, a lot of great food options right near The Rock or a few blocks away, especially in the Ironbound.

In this age of HD tv, watch games on demand or on device, sports bars that look like best buys. The game/concert experience has to be on point by alot and food and drink is part of it.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Could be because I was gunna say, the Giants games I go to every year I usually bring a sandwich/burger in from tailgating and other times I've brought in stacked/long heros I picked up at a deli before.

Haven't been to a Giants game since 2011 so that's good to know. I'm sure they are just scared of what the Mexican fans would want to bring in

Yes you can, ive been a season ticket holder for years and have always done it. Straight from their website..

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/redbullarena/stadium-policies

Modest amount of food, one sealed bottle of water (seal will be broken and cap taken upon entering Red Bull Arena).

Guests are now permitted to enter through the gates with a one-gallon clear freeze bag with food, where all food can be visible.

Guests are now permitted one (1) 20oz or less sealed non-alcoholic plastic bottle through the gates. The seal of the bottle will be broken at the gate and the caps will be taken at entry.

That's changed since I worked there. Good for them then. When I was there there would be games where the Red Bull girls would hand out cans outside the stadium and 15 feet later security would take them away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad