Official Prudential Center, surrounding area and season ticket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
If anyone decides to donate tickets through the Devils they have three charities to choose from this season.

Seats of Dreams
Seats of Dreams is a 100% volunteer supported non-profit that gives donated entertainment and sports tickets to disadvantaged, disabled and sick children. Our goal is to foster the dreams of underserved children and help them forget their challenges. This year we hope to send almost 15,000 children to various venues and events to experience a day that many of them so seldom do.

Vet Tix
Veteran Tickets Foundation (Vet Tix) provides FREE event tickets to family members of troops Killed In Action (K.I.A.), our Military and Veterans to sporting events, concerts, performing arts and family activities.

Attending these events reduces stress through entertainment, strengthens family bonds, builds life long memories and encourages service members to stay engaged with American life and local communities.

Giving free event tickets is an expression of appreciation, acknowledgement and an enduring symbol that we, as a nation, honor the service of our troops today and long after their tour of duty has passed. Helping our veterans attend events provides positive family and life experiences after their years of service to our country.

Tickets for Kids
Tickets for Kids® Charities (TFK) is dedicated to enriching the lives of low-income and at-risk children and their families through inclusion in a variety of activities and events that are a source of enrichment and inspiration.

By distributing no-cost tickets through social service agencies to arts, cultural, educational, family entertainment and sporting events, we invite all members of our community to experience the world of ideas, accomplishment, creativity and culture.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The goal bar still exists. The size of it has been reduced.

Maybe they changed their mind and decided to keep part of it, but as of April, every season ticket holder in the goal bar was kicked out and told that they were being converted into mini-suites. I also believe that they're going to have some sort of premium food/buffet available now, so it's not going to be the same as it was, regardless of how many seats they changed over.

Also, I was in section 23 which was my "secret" location. Every other section in the goal bar had the annoying overhang, which made you feel like you were removed from the arena atmosphere. Section 23 was to the left of the overhang, so they were pretty much perfect seats. The current "mini-suites" include section 23, so even if there are remaining goal bar seats, you're still under the ****** overhang.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Nothing earth-shattering here, but Hugh tweeted out a couple photos earlier this month of the construction in progress. Looks like the former Ice Lounge. Hopefully we see more progress photos soon, as their isn't much time left lol.

COjaBd1UcAATsnT.jpg

CPOo_LXVEAA6NXd.jpg

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
For those who like to follow along but don't get the Devils Membership emails:

MEMBER ENTRANCES
For faster entry to games this season, your Devils Membership Card will provide you with exclusive access to our Member Entrances which are located at PNC Tower, Lafayette Tower and Lafayette Street.

MEMBER LOUNGE
Come visit your Client Experience Team before the game in our new Membership Lounge, located inside the Restaurant and accessible via the stairs outside of Section 18 or nearby elevator.

NEW BARS + BITES
We have opened a number of new bars within Prudential Center. The Jack Daniels Bar (Section 18) will be open for tomorrow's game. The new Bud Light Bar, located behind Section 7, will open Dec. 1, while Bar and Restaurant on Suite Level 1 will now feature a new 'light bites' menu. The Goal Bar is being transformed into a new premium seating area with newly constructed Loge Boxes. Please call your rep for details.

THIS WAY TO THE ICE
Beginning with Opening Night on October 9, Devils players will take to the ice through the tunnel in Section 16 because of renovations to the locker room. The opposing team will still enter through the same tunnel, between Sections 7 & 8.

CONCESSIONS PASS
Concessions Pass - an innovative food and beverage option that provides fans with access to an entree, side and non-alcoholic drink every 15 minutes from any concession stand in the building - debuts this season. These unique seats are located in between the blue line sections of the arena.

NEW CONCESSIONS
New and exciting food options await Devils fans this season with an unparalleled variety of culinary choices crafted by celebrity chef David Burke, including salmon sliders, specialty duck and wild boar sausages, and The Jersey Burger topped with Taylor Ham.

LITTLE DEVILS ZONE
N.J. Devil has been working hard to renovate the Little Devils Zone, which has moved to the Youth Hockey Corner, across from Section 18.

'47 BRAND STORE
A new Devils Den Team Store, featuring '47 Brand lifestyle apparel, will open on October 9 behind Section 7 on the Main Concourse.

u2devs

Dec 11, 2006
NJ
CONCESSIONS PASS
Concessions Pass - an innovative food and beverage option that provides fans with access to an entree, side and non-alcoholic drink every 15 minutes from any concession stand in the building - debuts this season. These unique seats are located in between the blue line sections of the arena.

I am curious to know if anyone here has one and how it works out for them.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Isn't it only certain rows, and the concession pass is a separate physical card?

I don't know either for certain, but I thought I heard that.

My understanding is that Concession Pass is Sections 7,9,18,20.
Around Row 6 and back.

Your game ticket will be barcoded, a Membership card is not needed.

$30 for a lower level ticket and basically all you can eat, I would snag them on Stubhub if I was able to attend tonight.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Did I read it correctly that the JD Bar and Little Devils Zone will be right next to each other?

:huh:

The new Jack Daniels Bar is where the old kids zone was; the new kids zone is where the jersey display cases used to be. Same neighborhood, but not really next to each other. But hey, dad should be able to drop off the kids and grab a brew, no?

My understanding is that Concession Pass is Sections 7,9,18,20.
Around Row 6 and back.

Your game ticket will be barcoded, a Membership card is not needed.

$30 for a lower level ticket and basically all you can eat, I would snag them on Stubhub if I was able to attend tonight.

The Stubhub map has been updated to account for the changes the team made. The lower rows of sections 7,9,18 and 20 are 'club' while the upper ones are 'lower level.' Same with the first few rows the entire way around the arena bowl.

Not sure how they are handling the restaurant or goal bar reconfiguration yet. Goal bar terrace tables and regular seats are listed on Stubhub for the home opener.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
NEW CONCESSIONS
New and exciting food options await Devils fans this season with an unparalleled variety of culinary choices crafted by celebrity chef David Burke, including salmon sliders, specialty duck and wild boar sausages, and The Jersey Burger topped with Taylor Ham.

What is this substance?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Alright I've walked around the arena and noticed some changes:

BBQ stand replaced with Chicken Coup, an upscale chicken tender place

2ajxu1v.jpg

The clubs obviously lost their fire and ice themes, but look very nice. Low glass walls allow you to see in, and make the concourses feel more roomy. You can also watch the game on the TVs there which is good if you're walking the concourse during play

2af0sk0.jpg

The Giving Table has been replaced with Handwich Shop

1534r48.jpg

Other notables:
• Palmieri jersey-shirts are now available. I got one!
• The "Sand Pail" at the Boardwalk stand has been replaced by a Fat Sandwich. They don't list ingredients
• The Member Lounge is cool but no real incentive to go in there other than to meet your rep. It's a side room of the restaurant.
• Tony Boloney's has new sandwich names but they each had the same ingredients as last year's sandwiches. What a bunch of boloney :P
• The random space in the upper level between the outside front video screen and concessions by 229 is still random and unused.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The member lounge? Is that the new sth area? (it was just outside the fire lounge last year)

NJTIXX

Mar 3, 2011
New Clubs

Really nothing special to talk about at all. From what the renderings were imposing it would be to what I saw last night, it was disgusting.

Food was some of the worst food I've ever have in my life.The only good thing was the pasta and I say it was "good" because everything else downright sucked. They were serving food out of cartons that you would see at a neighborhood BBQ. Steak was TASTELESS and that's the only thing that wasn't considered garbage. The salad station was a joke there were 2 dressings and like 5 toppings to add to your wilted lettuce. Dessert whopping 2 choices of cake and 1 mixed cup ice cream. Mixed Drinks were $10 a shot and the new bartenders they have were literally measuring the shots, not a drop of extra alc. Legends would be ashamed if they saw what they were producing.

No sushi, no seafood. Nothing healthy...

I paid $30 for my seat last night so I at least got my money's worth if you could call it that. With that being said was it the first preseason game, are kinks getting worked out you bet they are but that has been said 3 years in a row and the finished product really wasn't much better.

I was told there would be 4 rotating menus and that tonight didn't count but time will tell.

The Devils said they took away the club because it was losing too much money and now they bring it back on the "cheap" end. A big ***** joke.

Oh and here's the bomb of the night. The big assumption was if you have GL1 GL 2 or GL3 seats you got access to the club, the rude awakening was there was a opt in opt out option for people with those seats and unless you know the season ticket holder specifically you won't know if they include food or not. No comments on any SH tickets yesterday... A big broker controls a lot of those seats. The barcode scanners were working last night properly so they let everyone in (after having everyone go up to Suite Level One to get bracelets which was a 30 minute process A little kid missed the puck drop at his first ever game because of this) since they couldn't check who had access and who didn't. But heads up be aware. And yes that means GL1 FRONT ROW glass that was always included in Clubs are no longer necessarily part of it. The only guaranteed seats that are opt in are 8 and 19.

I wouldn't spend any more than $10 more than what a comparable NON Club seat would cost going forward. Your better off at the concessions stands literally.

Hopefully this was all just a dream but I think it's just the ugly reality hitting the fan.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Bummer about Monk Room but its a tiny joint and hard for them to turn a profit, even with the lunch biz from City Hall and the courts.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not surprised.
Sorry to say but I am not impressed with Mercato Tomato Pie either.
If anyone can recommend a good pizza place close to the arena, I would be very interested.

Queen Pizza on Commerce St but I think they close at 5:30 and they don't open on weekends.

I believe a new place opened at the old Mulberry Pizza spot near the parking lots South of the arena.

Give it a look.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So there are metal detectors now at the entrance and security is really slow at moving the lines. This game isn't even that crowded so they better get their act together before the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad