Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Too bad for them (and us fans) that they will miss out on opening night.

If they are run like their Carlstadt location, places like Edison Ale House and Taste Venue will have to step up their games to retain their current regulars.

Aside from the beer, the food menu looks great. I frequent the Carlstadt location, and I'm planning on making this my go to pre-game spot once it opens.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Aside from the beer, the food menu looks great. I frequent the Carlstadt location, and I'm planning on making this my go to pre-game spot once it opens.

Yeah, hope it's run/managed like the other location.
I used to hit it up pregame when we were in the Meadowlands.

It will give fans 4 bar options right next to The Rock, 5 if you include Monk Room but that's a small joint.

Then Bellos & Hells Kitchen not too far away too.

***Not familiar with the Indigo Hotel bars on Edison Place yet but I'll make a point to check them out early in the season.

GhostofKenKlee

Redd's, only hate on them I have is the lack of Debils stuff on the walls nowadays. Painful to go during the Gints season and notice it all gone after all these years.

Impratical Jokers filmed there, funny stuff.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Redd's, only hate on them I have is the lack of Debils stuff on the walls nowadays. Painful to go during the Gints season and notice it all gone after all these years.

Impratical Jokers filmed there, funny stuff.

I haven't been to Redds-Carlstadt since the Spring of 2007.
Do they currently have Rags stuff up there and not Devils stuff?

GhostofKenKlee

I haven't been to Redds-Carlstadt since the Spring of 2007.
Do they currently have Rags stuff up there and not Devils stuff?

Will be up in the next few weeks and report.

You may be interested in this:

Not a lot of bookings for the rock outside of hockey so far.

Every home game is on the events.

http://www.prucenter.com/events

It's time for all the rhetoric to match the reality. For years I heard how the Izod was hurting bookings, with Barclays and MSG and to a degree Trenton/Allentown and Philly as well as AC draw talent as well in similar arenas/venues. However, I think it was a mistake to close the Izod since it was all about eliminating the competition. Some of the biggest bookings the Rock gets also books MSG and Barclays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Will be up in the next few weeks and report.

You may be interested in this:

Not a lot of bookings for the rock outside of hockey so far.

Every home game is on the events.

http://www.prucenter.com/events

It's time for all the rhetoric to match the reality. For years I heard how the Izod was hurting bookings, with Barclays and MSG and to a degree Trenton/Allentown and Philly as well as AC draw talent as well in similar arenas/venues. However, I think it was a mistake to close the Izod since it was all about eliminating the competition. Some of the biggest bookings the Rock gets also books MSG and Barclays.

Some concerts such as The Who and Judas Priest are coming up and usually tours are announced in Sept.

They have hired a lot of high level people to book more concerts and shows.

Seton Hall hoops starts in November too but The Rock can definitely host a NBA team.

The Devils is the building's bread and butter.

GhostofKenKlee

Some concerts such as The Who and Judas Priest are coming up and usually tours are announced in Sept.

They have hired a lot of high level people to book more concerts and shows.

Seton Hall hoops starts in November too but The Rock can definitely host a NBA team.

The Devils is the building's bread and butter.

. Even during the Vanderbeek years they had better bookings. I don't want to hear about Brooklyn. With both Izod and the Rock, there were more high profile concerts until now. Even last year, it was sorely hurting.

I get the arena is dark in the summer and outdoor venues draw better, but I'm looking at the concert events and yes Kevin Hart is big and Rush came through this summer.

Concerts are better draws per night versus a sports team in terms of gate/revenues. Not enough concerts, compare the bookings at Barclays and MSG as well as Philly and similar venues. The bookings are lacking by alot. Talking to someone in that industry in another part of the state. In years past, the Arena has done better in terms of events.

For example, Madonna is doing every arena in the area and AC except the Rock.

Barclays and Trenton as well as MSG have college hockey. They should be a NCAA tourney city as well. There are busier arenas with both franchises with better bookings. Now that the arena got it's way, it has to do a way better jobs of having events.

Every night the building is dark, it's not making money.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
. Even during the Vanderbeek years they had better bookings. I don't want to hear about Brooklyn. With both Izod and the Rock, there were more high profile concerts until now. Even last year, it was sorely hurting.

I get the arena is dark in the summer and outdoor venues draw better, but I'm looking at the concert events and yes Kevin Hart is big and Rush came through this summer.

Concerts are better draws per night versus a sports team in terms of gate/revenues. Not enough concerts, compare the bookings at Barclays and MSG as well as Philly and similar venues. The bookings are lacking by alot. Talking to someone in that industry in another part of the state. In years past, the Arena has done better in terms of events.

For example, Madonna is doing every arena in the area and AC except the Rock.

Barclays and Trenton as well as MSG have college hockey. They should be a NCAA tourney city as well. There are busier arenas with both franchises with better bookings. Now that the arena got it's way, it has to do a way better jobs of having events.

Every night the building is dark, it's not making money.

At the moment, the bookings do seem lighter than usual but that can change.

A well attended Latin American concert was here last weekend and a few sold out Korean shows are in October.

I was disappointed that they couldn't get Madonna to make a stop.
They booked a consolation prize in Janet Jackson.

College hockey is not a big draw unless you book the right teams.

I expect more concerts/shows to be announced this month.

If not, some heads at DAE should roll.

GhostofKenKlee

If not, some heads at DAE should roll.

I understand your points, but a spanish concerts and two Devils preseason games (back to back nights) is weak post labor day for September. The KPOP booking was good thinking outside the box to serve the Korean Diaspora in the area. but yes, concerts can be added as well as events. It's going to be interesting to see if the owners are sharp enough to pull a "billy joel" with a local legend and a standing monthly booking.

I'm talking to guys in the restaurant business and reps who sells products to Restaurants bars, it's a mixed bag on the area around the prudential. The greater conversation and blame lies on the city elders with land and housing and not taking advantage of the area as well as bringing people to live around the area and train. With that being said, the owners/DAE need to do their part as well. They can't do the heavy lifting and or expect to carry Newark on the bigger issues. So alot of the area around the Pru not being utilized cannot solely fall on the area and owners shoulders.

Until the area is lit more lights than, it's going to be impossible to get alot of successful businesses in the immediate area for nightlife. You will have a revolving door and people taking chances and signs changing. I don't know many people during the regular season that venture to around the arena for dinner. Ironbound yes, daytime yes, but even the places go dark early downtown.

Outside of events, DT newark reminds of Trenton and a worse Hartford. Dead after the offices close for the most part. You need more residence downtown that will play/work there.

Last edited by a moderator:

GhostofKenKlee

Here's another problem when Redd's opens, they will just take from the existing pie, it's not an expanding pie by any means. Competition is good, but the market for sports bar/food and that genre is already being served.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I understand your points, but a spanish concerts and two Devils preseason games (back to back nights) is weak post labor day for September. The KPOP booking was good thinking outside the box to serve the Korean Diaspora in the area. but yes, concerts can be added as well as events. It's going to be interesting to see if the owners are sharp enough to pull a "billy joel" with a local legend and a standing monthly booking.

I'm talking to guys in the restaurant business and reps who sells products to Restaurants bars, it's a mixed bag on the area around the prudential. The greater conversation and blame lies on the city elders with land and housing and not taking advantage of the area as well as bringing people to live around the area and train. With that being said, the owners/DAE need to do their part as well. They can't do the heavy lifting and or expect to carry Newark on the bigger issues. So alot of the area around the Pru not being utilized cannot solely fall on the area and owners shoulders.

Until the area is lit more lights than, it's going to be impossible to get alot of successful businesses in the immediate area for nightlife. You will have a revolving door and people taking chances and signs changing. I don't know many people during the regular season that venture to around the arena for dinner. Ironbound yes, daytime yes, but even the places go dark early downtown.

Outside of events, DT newark reminds of Trenton and a worse Hartford. Dead after the offices close for the most part. You need more residence downtown that will play/work there.

HUGE redevelopment is planned for current vacant buildings and lands adjacent to The Rock which would include housing.

It's gotten by a few hurdles so far and Baraka and the council are on board.

Fingers crossed it receives final approvals in the next quarter or two.

GhostofKenKlee

I know you are interested in this topic and thanks for the update re: redevelopment. I know that the new mayor scares some, but it seems that he's embracing the area versus the previous one who seem to fight it tooth and nail. It would of been further along if he was as "visionary" as he claims. DC's gain is Newark's gain.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Here's another problem when Redd's opens, they will just take from the existing pie, it's not an expanding pie by any means. Competition is good, but the market for sports bar/food and that genre is already being served.

On game/event nights another restaurant/bar was needed since BCB&G closed.

On weekend games or concerts you had to arrive hours early to get a table at Dino or EAH.

Redds will help cut down on wait times and not take too much biz away from the other gin mills.

Hopefully it encourages the others on Edison Pl to be on their toes though.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Trenton? LOL I'll give you Hartford or New Haven or Richmond VA, or a slightly watered down version of Cincy or Oakland but even with the lack of housing and folks on the street last I checked there aren't many office high rises/skyscrapers in Downtown Trenton, especially new ones.

As far as housing, there's smaller, market rate lofts up and down Market Street between Mulberry and Broad, with more coming. There wouldn't be a 7-Eleven or Krausers within the vicinity if not for them. The problem is the lack of "big" projects, and the ones that are on the verge of getting built are on the other side of downtown near NJPAC and not within walking distance(One Theatre Square, One Riverview, and I guess the Hahne building), and the ones that are within walking distance are years away, like this: http://www.rbhgrp.com/four-corners.html

This isn't the first time the arena's been dim this part of the year apart from sports. Even in the VBK years they had duds. Agree mgmt needs to do a better job at promotions but bear in mind they've been doing some renovations this summer(specifically clubs). When the events calendar doesn't change by the end of the year I would worry.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Huh not that I have been watching it closely, but thought arena bookings were up under the new ownership. Certainly seemed to be more going on outside of devils games last season from all the advertisement and emails.

The light schedule in August and September is probably due to the renovations. Was on a premium area tour awhile ago and they were targeting that time period to squeeze in the construction. I would also give it another month before being concerned about that.

Do not understand the logic above that arena bookings being down shows Izod should not have closed. Prudential does not need the competiton and upward pressure on bidding for acts from an obsolete arena supported by ego driven suburban politicians. Besides, it appears increasingly likely a downsized version of it (similar to renovated Nassau) will be incorporated into the now almost, maybe moving forward Meadowlands American Dream (loathe the name, but it needs to be completed).

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
This is just a down time of the year I think. Mosts major artists play in the outdoor venues for the summer and just completed tours. Having the Weeknd is a pretty big get as he is arguably one of the biggest artists in music right now. I do think the Rock needs to draw from more of the relevant artists in the now like the Weeknd and Kevin Hart in addition to all the older artists like the Judas Priests, Janet Jacksons, The Who etc etc.

GhostofKenKlee

Trenton? LOL I'll give you Hartford or New Haven or Richmond VA, or a slightly watered down version of Cincy or Oakland but even with the lack of housing and folks on the street last I checked there aren't many office high rises/skyscrapers in Downtown Trenton, especially new ones.

As far as housing, there's smaller, market rate lofts up and down Market Street between Mulberry and Broad, with more coming. There wouldn't be a 7-Eleven or Krausers within the vicinity if not for them. The problem is the lack of "big" projects, and the ones that are on the verge of getting built are on the other side of downtown near NJPAC and not within walking distance(One Theatre Square, One Riverview, and I guess the Hahne building), and the ones that are within walking distance are years away, like this: http://www.rbhgrp.com/four-corners.html

This isn't the first time the arena's been dim this part of the year apart from sports. Even in the VBK years they had duds. Agree mgmt needs to do a better job at promotions but bear in mind they've been doing some renovations this summer(specifically clubs). When the events calendar doesn't change by the end of the year I would worry.

Trenton only in the sense of the Downtown and after hours business.

The City missed out on the millenials trend that has benefitted similar cities as well as other Jersey locations. That solely falls on previous mayor whom some think is amazing.

GhostofKenKlee

Huh not that I have been watching it closely, but thought arena bookings were up under the new ownership. Certainly seemed to be more going on outside of devils games last season from all the advertisement and emails.

The light schedule in August and September is probably due to the renovations. Was on a premium area tour awhile ago and they were targeting that time period to squeeze in the construction. I would also give it another month before being concerned about that.

Do not understand the logic above that arena bookings being down shows Izod should not have closed. Prudential does not need the competiton and upward pressure on bidding for acts from an obsolete arena supported by ego driven suburban politicians. Besides, it appears increasingly likely a downsized version of it (similar to renovated Nassau) will be incorporated into the now almost, maybe moving forward Meadowlands American Dream (loathe the name, but it needs to be completed).

My point is that Essex County/DAE have argued that the Izod hindered bookings. How neccesary it was to close it and how it would be a boon to the Newark if it happened. I just saw the bookings announced and on the books and pointed out alot of dark nights on the calender for the rest of 2015.

Sorry, Izod existed before the Rock and it serves a purpose and it finally paid off. Newark is easier to get to. For me, going to Philly or Newark is equal distant when it's all said and done. I notice the calenders and also just pulled up the Brooklyn arena schedule as well as MSG.

NJSEA is a patronage place, but Newark cannot control Brooklyn or MSG or Philly or AC. What are they going to? Strong arm AC for Jersey bookings as well? I think competition is good for the consumer. All I said is it's time for DAE to put up or shut up.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
My point is that Essex County/DAE have argued that the Izod hindered bookings. How neccesary it was to close it and how it would be a boon to the Newark if it happened. I just saw the bookings announced and on the books and pointed out alot of dark nights on the calender for the rest of 2015.

Sorry, Izod existed before the Rock and it serves a purpose and it finally paid off. Newark is easier to get to. For me, going to Philly or Newark is equal distant when it's all said and done. I notice the calenders and also just pulled up the Brooklyn arena schedule as well as MSG.

NJSEA is a patronage place, but Newark cannot control Brooklyn or MSG or Philly or AC. What are they going to? Strong arm AC for Jersey bookings as well? I think competition is good for the consumer. All I said is it's time for DAE to put up or shut up.

I dont agree with ypu on izod, it should have been imploded years ago.

But I do agree that DAE needs to book a heck of a lot more shows from Oct through June.
A few years ago The Rock was the 5th busiest arena in the US for non sports events.

It's light right now for concerts and shows though I did notice Stevie Wonder mixed in the lineup just now.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I spoke with my rep a few days ago and he said season tickets will be going out the middle of this week through early next week, so keep an eye out on your mailboxes.

In other news, let there be ice!

CO4-AKnWUAAmPqC.jpg

Anyone notice that there appear to be black seats in the first 3-4 rows behind the far net? I wonder if they upgraded the quality of those seats. Also interesting to see that the clubs haven't been reconfigured as of yet (if at all). I just assumed they would put something in to keep the all you can eat folks segregated from the people in the black seats who don't have that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They like cutting it closer to the wire every year since the first home preseason game's next Friday. At least they promised they'd finally roll out their rewards program on Thursday, how much it's changed from last year is anyone's guess.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
They like cutting it closer to the wire every year since the first home preseason game's next Friday. At least they promised they'd finally roll out their rewards program on Thursday, how much it's changed from last year is anyone's guess.

Last season things weren't really ready 'til opening night and through most of October all the new vendors and things were still a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad