Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

PruCenter Food Menus

Club Seating Food Menus

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Hell's Kitchen
Market Street Grill
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Taste Venue
Dinosaur BBQ
Mmm Bellos
The Monk Room
Mercato Tomato Pie

Hotel Information:
Marriott Courtyard Hotel (outside Prudential Center)
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

The last Pru Center thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1742021

NEW: A link to the directory of the new food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91981831&postcount=989
And a link to the menus of said food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91133597&postcount=578
Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Yeah my bad. I was thinking Danielle was the cute blonde always down at the STH area by the Fire Lounge lol.

It is interesting to me how young a lot of the staff are. I don't mean to judge people based on age, as I'm very young for the business world and appreciate my coworkers never do that to me, but I'm sure part of it is a cost-savings measure. When my company was a start-up the CEO only hired young people in order to save money (and because it's easier for us to work extra hours versus people with kids and such)

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Age isn't something we should judge. Inexperience though, that you can judge all you want, and that's the real problem if you asked me.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielletoussaint

That is the Danielle who is absolutely useless and childish.

How on earth was Rusty not promoted to that position is beyond me.

As for the reps being young, they only make around $28k - $35k. I don't know the exact figure, but it's my best estimate based on my years of dealing with them. I'd imagine that a college education is a requirement for the job.

Personally, if I were one of these new higher-ups that are not Jersey born and raised, I would spend as much time with the fans during games in order to understand us and learn about us. I would even treat some fans to dinner on non game nights. This isn't something taught in college, it's just sound business sense (of which Danielle and Hugh Weber have exactly none).

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielletoussaint

That is the Danielle who is absolutely useless and childish.

How on earth was Rusty not promoted to that position is beyond me.

As for the reps being young, they only make around $28k - $35k. I don't know the exact figure, but it's my best estimate based on my years of dealing with them. I'd imagine that a college education is a requirement for the job.

Personally, if I were one of these new higher-ups that are not Jersey born and raised, I would spend as much time with the fans during games in order to understand us and learn about us. I would even treat some fans to dinner on non game nights. This isn't something taught in college, it's just sound business sense (of which Danielle and Hugh Weber have exactly none).

Rusty Watkins did good work, he's now at Ticketmaster.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Ticket reps have ****** jobs. Long hours, commission based pay and have to spend a lot of time dealing with dumb questions and requests. I only know 1 of the Devil one so I can't comment on their attitudes but they deserve some sympathy. More often than not their hands are tied. That said, it's absolutely no excuse if they have an attitude towards fans at games and if that's the case that behavior should be mentioned to higher ups.

As much of a noble suggestion it is, it's completely unrealistic to want reps to meet outside of games. It's one thing for viewing parties or STH events but the amount of hours they put in, dinner on non game nights is impossible. With the amount of hours they put in a week they barely get time to eat dinner with their family as is. Personally there's been times after Red Bull games where it would be 11:30 on a Saturday night and people would ask around if anyone wants to go to Hoboken for a bit and everyone just stares at each other blankly. It's a taxing amount of hours, especially for the pay.

From my experience the Devils' biggest issue is their HR "department". From interviewing for two jobs, one with the Pru Center and one with the team itself, they are completely disorganized. No idea when to schedule the interview or even who should conduct them. I'd imagine more often than not they don't even know what they are hiring for. If I were to put venture a guess from what I know and have heard that issue comes from Lou and started before Hugh was even a blip on the Devils' radar.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Ticket reps have ****** jobs. Long hours, commission based pay and have to spend a lot of time dealing with dumb questions and requests. I only know 1 of the Devil one so I can't comment on their attitudes but they deserve some sympathy. More often than not their hands are tied. That said, it's absolutely no excuse if they have an attitude towards fans at games and if that's the case that behavior should be mentioned to higher ups.

As much of a noble suggestion it is, it's completely unrealistic to want reps to meet outside of games. It's one thing for viewing parties or STH events but the amount of hours they put in, dinner on non game nights is impossible. With the amount of hours they put in a week they barely get time to eat dinner with their family as is. Personally there's been times after Red Bull games where it would be 11:30 on a Saturday night and people would ask around if anyone wants to go to Hoboken for a bit and everyone just stares at each other blankly. It's a taxing amount of hours, especially for the pay.

From my experience the Devils' biggest issue is their HR "department". From interviewing for two jobs, one with the Pru Center and one with the team itself, they are completely disorganized. No idea when to schedule the interview or even who should conduct them. I'd imagine more often than not they don't even know what they are hiring for. If I were to put venture a guess from what I know and have heard that issue comes from Lou and started before Hugh was even a blip on the Devils' radar.

I wasn't suggesting for the reps to have dinners with clients outside of games, I was suggesting for higher ups (i.e. - Hugh Weber, Shawn, Danielle, etc). All the reps are from the area. They already know who we are.

Lou has a way of running his team. The way Lou runs his team, should have no impact on someone like Hugh Weber not understanding the fan base or Danielle having a childish attitude.

Everything starts at the top. Danielle is in her position, because Hugh is in his position. The problem is, people like Hugh feel that the only way to improve is to bring people in from the outside. Rusty would have been GREAT in that position. He would've been the adult in the room that says "Wait a minute, our fans will not like that."

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I wasn't suggesting for the reps to have dinners with clients outside of games, I was suggesting for higher ups (i.e. - Hugh Weber, Shawn, Danielle, etc). All the reps are from the area. They already know who we are.

Lou has a way of running his team. The way Lou runs his team, should have no impact on someone like Hugh Weber not understanding the fan base or Danielle having a childish attitude.

Everything starts at the top. Danielle is in her position, because Hugh is in his position. The problem is, people like Hugh feel that the only way to improve is to bring people in from the outside. Rusty would have been GREAT in that position. He would've been the adult in the room that says "Wait a minute, our fans will not like that."

Again, it's not fair to want people that already plunk 55-65 hours a week into a dinner with a fan. If you want to meet them organize something before or after the game and maybe they'll have time for you.

Hugh probably has little to no influence on new hires but go ahead and ignore what I said.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Hotel Indigo should be added in the list of hotels in OP. Joe's Crab Shack also should be added to watering holes as it serves beer though negative reviews from Yelp.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hotel Indigo should be added in the list of hotels in OP. Joe's Crab Shack also should be added to watering holes as it serves beer though negative reviews from Yelp.

Yeah Indigo is open along with it's two bars.
I will try to make time and try both of them before the season is out.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014

Right. It's no coincidence that they both migrated from OKC at the same time, and I'm fairly certain I remember hearing about Hugh bringing her in by singing her praises. I generally try to refrain from such opinions but I agree with you in that I really don't think Danielle is cut out for this position at all. She's so terribly out of touch with the fan base and from the times I've spoken to her and heard her address STHs it's clear that she has no knowledge of hockey at all, which further detracts from her effectiveness in the position. Not saying that she needs to be privy to Corsi and Fenwick, but some basic sense of what's being dealt with would be nice. Hearing her blurt out her desire to bring the fans a "Top-notch basketball experience" at my renewal event just about told me all I needed to know. It's a shame the position was filled not by someone who knows, but someone who was known.

I had Rusty as my rep last year as well, and I agree that he would have done an amazing job. He knew exactly what it was like to be a fan because he was one himself. That's what made him a cut above. Literally had a solution for everything I brought to his attention. Ticketmaster got a real gem of an employee in him. Somebody of his ilk would be prime in a management position.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Hobby's doesn't have a license? They serve beer and liquor. Says it right on their website. Though going there to drink is a sin, you go there to get drunk on pastrami, pickles, and matzoh ball soup just the way Bubby made it

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Hobby's doesn't have a license? They serve beer and liquor. Says it right on their website. Though going there to drink is a sin, you go there to get drunk on pastrami, pickles, and matzoh ball soup just the way Bubby made it

Oh haha just grabbed the link and did not even check it out (scrolled down their page after you posted and sure enough there's the beer). Been there a few times and had no idea - as you said attention there is best paid to the food. So alright then, they do qualify as a watering hole after all.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Not to get too OT but does anyone else feel like Hobby's doesn't get the notoriety it deserves? Sure, it survives on the lunch crowd from the court complex (my mom blushes every time they call her "Judge" when she comes in) and the other offices in the area, but a Jewish guy in my office didn't even know about it and he love good deli food. Same for all the guys in my Jewish fraternity. They could tell you exactly what they love at Harrold's and how they've been to Carnegie and Katz's in NYC, but Hobby's seems to fly under the radar. It's an absolute shame. Granted, those are all great establishments, but Hobby's to me is everything you want from a classic delicatessen (small, and the owners talk to everyone). Doesn't simply survive off the name and fame like the others. It's simply awesome.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Right. It's no coincidence that they both migrated from OKC at the same time, and I'm fairly certain I remember hearing about Hugh bringing her in by singing her praises. I generally try to refrain from such opinions but I agree with you in that I really don't think Danielle is cut out for this position at all. She's so terribly out of touch with the fan base and from the times I've spoken to her and heard her address STHs it's clear that she has no knowledge of hockey at all, which further detracts from her effectiveness in the position. Not saying that she needs to be privy to Corsi and Fenwick, but some basic sense of what's being dealt with would be nice. Hearing her blurt out her desire to bring the fans a "Top-notch basketball experience" at my renewal event just about told me all I needed to know. It's a shame the position was filled not by someone who knows, but someone who was known.

I had Rusty as my rep last year as well, and I agree that he would have done an amazing job. He knew exactly what it was like to be a fan because he was one himself. That's what made him a cut above. Literally had a solution for everything I brought to his attention. Ticketmaster got a real gem of an employee in him. Somebody of his ilk would be prime in a management position.

If Rusty ever needed a job, I'd hire him in a second.

In all the years I dealt with him, I never once got mad at him.

I've gotten aggravated with my rep quite a lot this year, but I honestly believe Danielle has just tied his hands. She is so committed to the rewards program, that anything outside of it is an automatic no. Under her guidance, my rep has made me feel like a number instead of being part of a family.

Really, I just have one question for Danielle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNcM4YjzgHY

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
For food, my go to place is Fornos of Spain. It's on the other side of Penn Station on Ferry St.

Just a great restaurant.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I used to keep a post of restaurants around the Rock. Here it is:

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Address: 224 Market St (attached to Championship Plaza, cross with Mulberry)
Phone: 862-214-6100
Menu: http://dinosaurbarbque.com/locations/newark/menu.aspx
Price: $$$

A traditional BBQ place, very nice atmosphere and good food. No reservations on game day, arrive at least an hour and a half ahead on weeknights, and 2 and a half hours ahead on weekends. Or, it's usually empty right after games.

Food I recommend: Tres Ninos combo (best bang for your buck, 3 meats and 2 sides for $15), Garlic Chipotle wings

Joe's Crab Shack
Address: 860 Broad St (walk down Lafayette Street, passing the Rock)
Phone: 973-424-1220
Menu: https://d1mtqxpn49jad8.cloudfront.net/content/pdf/R-HT.pdf

Very easy to get to from the Rock, been there 3 times so far. Many choices if you like seafood. Service has been very inconsistent, sometimes good sometimes bad.

Food I recommend: Crab nachos, Joe's Classic Steampot

Hobby's Deli
Address: 32 Branford Place (bit further from the Rock, walk down Edison Pl, make a quick left then right down Branford Place 2 blocks)
Phone: 973-623-0410
Menu: http://www.hobbysdeli.com/menu.html
Price: $$

Traditional deli, with a separate dining room. Lots of Devils fans go here, owner is a big Devils fan too. Will stay open until the puck drops.

Food I recommend: Classic poutine, the #7 club sandwich, any sandwiches with the pastrami

The Monk Room
Address: 20 Green Street (Walk down Mulberry St past the Rock, cross Lafayette, then make a right on Green)
Phone: 973-368-2771
Menu: http://themonkroom.com/

Pizza and pasta, excellent food. Convenient location, on the other side of the parking lot on Lafayette street. Tiny though, so come earlier, especially if you have more than 2 people. Currently doing a special of 2 beers for $5 on Devils game day, though I'm betting that's just a promotion for this season since they're new.

Food I recommend: 14 1/2 pizza, their signature pie.

Golden City Chinese Restaurant
Address: 58 Green St (Walk down Mulberry St past the Rock, cross Lafayette, then make a right on Green)
Phone: 973-242-2020
Menu: http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/53-north-jersey/restaurants/583275-golden-city-chinese/menu

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I used to keep a post of restaurants around the Rock. Here it is:

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Address: 224 Market St (attached to Championship Plaza, cross with Mulberry)
Phone: 862-214-6100
Menu: http://dinosaurbarbque.com/locations/newark/menu.aspx

A traditional BBQ place, very nice atmosphere and good food. No reservations on game day, arrive at least an hour and a half ahead on weeknights, and 2 and a half hours ahead on weekends. Or, it's usually empty right after games.

Food I recommend: Tres Ninos combo (best bang for your buck, 3 meats and 2 sides for $15), Garlic Chipotle wings

Joe's Crab Shack
Address: 860 Broad St (walk down Lafayette Street, passing the Rock)
Phone: 973-424-1220
Menu: https://d1mtqxpn49jad8.cloudfront.net/content/pdf/R-HT.pdf

Very easy to get to from the Rock, been there 3 times so far. Many choices if you like seafood. Service has been very inconsistent, sometimes good sometimes bad.

Food I recommend: Crab nachos, Joe's Classic Steampot

Hobby's Deli
Address: 32 Branford Place (bit further from the Rock, walk down Edison Pl, make a quick left then right down Branford Place 2 blocks)
Phone: 973-623-0410
Menu: http://www.hobbysdeli.com/menu.html

Traditional deli, with a separate dining room. Lots of Devils fans go here, owner is a big Devils fan too. Will stay open until the puck drops.

Food I recommend: Classic poutine, the #7 club sandwich, any sandwiches with the pastrami

The Monk Room
Address: 20 Green Street (Walk down Mulberry St past the Rock, cross Lafayette, then make a right on Green)
Phone: 973-368-2771
Menu: http://themonkroom.com/

Pizza and pasta, excellent food. Convenient location, on the other side of the parking lot on Lafayette street. Tiny though, so come earlier, especially if you have more than 2 people. Currently doing a special of 2 beers for $5 on Devils game day, though I'm betting that's just a promotion for this season since they're new.

Food I recommend: 14 1/2 pizza, their signature pie.

Golden City Chinese Restaurant
Address: 58 Green St (Walk down Mulberry St past the Rock, cross Lafayette, then make a right on Green)
Phone: 973-242-2020
Menu: http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/53-north-jersey/restaurants/583275-golden-city-chinese/menu

Golden City moved up the street towards Broad.
That old structure is on the verge of collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->