Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Club looks renovated to me.

Sorry, I meant with regards to the seating area in the clubs. I had expected them to put in long railings to separate the middle section and lower parts of the black seats (basically segregate the all-you-can-eat folks). The clubs themselves look different but I can't see clearly enough to get a good view on it.

HunteDxEntitY

Jan 5, 2014
Section 118
I emailed my rep yesterday. She said that they are shipping the season tickets out this week, and we should have them no later than the 21st of September.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Never understand the annual aggravation over when season tickets are shipped (not just here, my partner also starts pestering me in mid August). My rep was giving me a tour of the arena yesterday and I did not even care to ask about it - they will come when they come. Don't mean to berate anyone, like the Devils I also do everything last minute, just amused at the annual discussions about this.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Never understand the annual aggravation over when season tickets are shipped (not just here, my partner also starts pestering me in mid August). My rep was giving me a tour of the arena yesterday and I did not even care to ask about it - they will come when they come. Don't mean to berate anyone, like the Devils I also do everything last minute, just amused at the annual discussions about this.

Did you notice any changes to the clubs, goal bar area, etc?

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Did you notice any changes to the clubs, goal bar area, etc?

Meant to post on that earlier but got busy. Yes, was in the former fire club and it's mostly gutted. Exposed concrete floors, separating walls between it and the concourse being dismantled, complete construction zone (except for the drop ceiling which was still untouched). Former ice club looked like it was also being worked on across the way.

Goal bar appeared to be still there but more than half of the ledge seating already ripped out. My rep said the loge boxes will not be ready for start of the season. Also a lot of work going on up in the restaurant, which is going to be partitioned into part restaurant, part sports bar. There is a room by the entrance to the restaurant that overlooks the practice rink that will become the new STH customer service area.

They are also adding two more bars downstairs on the concourse to replace the goal bar. One will be where the kids zone was last season; the kids zone will be relocated to where the jersey display cases are (they are going to the practice rink lobby). The other bar will be by the former ice lounge.

Downstairs, the team is going to use their locker room by the practice rink on game day instead of the one behind the bench. My rep was not sure why given the longer walk.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Meant to post on that earlier but got busy. Yes, was in the former fire club and it's mostly gutted. Exposed concrete floors, separating walls between it and the concourse being dismantled, complete construction zone (except for the drop ceiling which was still untouched). Former ice club looked like it was also being worked on across the way.

Goal bar appeared to be still there but more than half the ledge seating already ripped out. My rep said the loge boxes will not be ready for start of season. Also a lot of work going on up in the restaurant, which is going to be partitioned into part restaurant, part sports bar. There is a room by the entrance to the restaurant that overlooks the practice rink that will become the new STH customer service area.

They are also adding two more bars downstairs on the concourse to replace the goal bar. One will be where the kids zone was last season; the kids zone will be relocated to where the jersey display cases are (they are going to the practice rink lobby). The other bar will be by the former ice lounge.

Downstairs, the team is going to use their locker room by the practice rink on game day instead of the one behind the bench. My rep was not sure why given the longer walk.

Interesting stuff, not sure some make too much sense yet, but we'll find out.

Should I keep my "Closed for Renovations" avatar handy? ;)

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Interesting stuff, not sure some make too much sense yet, but we'll find out.

Should I keep my "Closed for Renovations" avatar handy? ;)

Should clarify that the club partition walls are being reconfigured, not removed. One centered entrance to the concourse instead of two side ones. All you can eat buffet back and vendors in there from last season gone (rep was not sure if they will be moved to the concourse or are out). She said old ownership lost too much money on the all you can eat and it needed tweaking.

Regarding the rewards program mentioned above, rep said team spent $100k with a third party company revamping the program.

Outside the arena, Novelty Burger (between Krauszers and Mercato) looks like it could be open for season opener. Redd's not so much unless they make a lot of progress quickly.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Should clarify that the club partition walls are being reconfigured, not removed. One centered entrance to the concourse instead of two side ones. All you can eat buffet back and vendors in there from last season gone (rep was not sure if they will be moved to the concourse or are out). She said old ownership lost too much money on the all you can eat and it needed tweaking.

Regarding the rewards program mentioned above, rep said team spent $100k with a third party company revamping the program.

Outside the arena, Novelty Burger (between Krauszers and Mercato) looks like it could be open for season opener. Redd's not so much unless they make a lot of progress quickly.

I've also heard they were close to opening.
Hopefully for them by the preseason games so they can get a feel of the game night crowds.

Once Novelty and Redd's open that strip of Market St will give fans quite a few pregame food options.

Dino BBQ
Chipotle
Novelty Burger
Redd's
Mercato Pizza

*I've gotten mints, soft drinks, lottery, etc at Krauszers before games too, a good place to have close by The Rock too.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
If you look at the TicketMaster seating chart, it shows half the Goal Bar having seats and the other half blocked off for these new lodge boxes.

As for the new bars, those should be good at driving more liquor revenue which is great. I know from talking to more casual fans, they'd often feel like the Goal Bar was some exclusive area they couldn't go up to. And it also was tight when it did get a lot of patrons.

As for the locker room stuff, that sounds crazy. Are they remodeling the locker room area? That's the only logical explanation I can think of to not use it. We don't know much about the locker room, player lounge, and training/medical facilities down there. Maybe Shero wants to add some modern fixtures that Lou didn't find necessary? It's not totally unbelievable lol

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
If you look at the TicketMaster seating chart, it shows half the Goal Bar having seats and the other half blocked off for these new lodge boxes.

As for the new bars, those should be good at driving more liquor revenue which is great. I know from talking to more casual fans, they'd often feel like the Goal Bar was some exclusive area they couldn't go up to. And it also was tight when it did get a lot of patrons.

As for the locker room stuff, that sounds crazy. Are they remodeling the locker room area? That's the only logical explanation I can think of to not use it. We don't know much about the locker room, player lounge, and training/medical facilities down there. Maybe Shero wants to add some modern fixtures that Lou didn't find necessary? It's not totally unbelievable lol

On a completely unrelated (yet tangential) note, has anyone had the opportunity to tour Wembley Stadium? We were in England last month (big soccer fans ... got to see Chelsea's opening game) and did the tour. The "new" Wembley is only about 10 years old and is beautiful. The locker rooms look like something you would see at a U.S. high school, circa 1990. Couple of pegs for each player to hang stuff ... no door to locker, just a flat wooden bench running in front of each set of lockers. Training room consists of a 6-8 tables that you would see at any internist's office, all in one open (and not very large) space. No couches, flat-screen tvs, or frills of any kind. Different world, I guess.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Has anyone got the UPS My Choice email about tickets shipping? First pre-season game is only 9 days out and still nothing.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
Has anyone got the UPS My Choice email about tickets shipping? First pre-season game is only 9 days out and still nothing.
Received my box with the tickets and lanyards from UPS today.
Still no word on the 5 game buyback.
I plan to trade in next Friday's PS game against the Islanders.
Says in the brochure you have to let the Devils know at least 2 weeks before the game.
Impossible now.

Last edited:

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Says in the brochure you have to let the Devils know at least 2 weeks before the game.
Impossible now.

Season tickets just arrived too. Never got the UPS email. I don't remember a ticket stock being this size before from the Devils.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Impossible now

Call your rep right now and request it.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
Call your rep right now and request it.
I did... emailed last week and was told the email for this was supposed to show up this past Monday.
I just called her today and left a vm.
I'm sure I'm not the only one asking.
I am not concerned that they won't honor it.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
Impossible now.
Was told the email will come out next Monday.
Was also told not to worry about trading the PS games, it will be taken care of in time.
I am not worried.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I thought they changed the buyback deadline from two weeks to one week before the game this year? Or at least that's what they were claiming before, though you're right it says in the brochure two weeks.

But yeah I did get my tickets today as well.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
(1)If you look at the TicketMaster seating chart, it shows half the Goal Bar having seats and the other half blocked off for these new lodge boxes.

(2)As for the new bars, those should be good at driving more liquor revenue which is great. I know from talking to more casual fans, they'd often feel like the Goal Bar was some exclusive area they couldn't go up to. And it also was tight when it did get a lot of patrons.

(3)As for the locker room stuff, that sounds crazy. Are they remodeling the locker room area? That's the only logical explanation I can think of to not use it. We don't know much about the locker room, player lounge, and training/medical facilities down there. Maybe Shero wants to add some modern fixtures that Lou didn't find necessary? It's not totally unbelievable lol

(1) Good catch Colin, perhaps like the new sports bar / restaurant they are going with a mix on the other side of the arena as well with loge boxes and some of the old seating. My understanding is they booted all of the STHs so guessing they specifically want to keep those seats open for the loge boxes, groups or the general public.

(2) Agree with you there, the Goal Bar certainly did not encourage 'street traffic.' Which does make me wonder why they are moving the STH customer service area upstairs to the restaurant, although I suppose they figure STHs will know where to look.

(3) So this was confirmed in TG's latest post today. Turns out the practice locker room is larger (did not know that, pretty sure the only pictures online are of the former game day one). The walk will be a bit longer but they will be entering from that side of the arena.

The renovations going on are to the Devils' practice locker room. The team now is planning to use that room, which is larger than the game locker room, for games as well. The players will have a longer walk to the ice and will enter the rink from the opposite side. Whether that will be completed in time for the first home preseason game a week from Friday against the Islanders is unknown.

The idea of having a different locker room for home games and practices in the past was so that being in the locker room for games felt special and not the same as for a practice.

“You see the changes happening in the locker rooms also, not just the personnel-wise, but they're changing things around in there,” Elias said. “But, that's the way it is. It's a new start, new era for everyone, so they want to make sure you get a sense of that.”

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/lou-lamoriello-s-absence-drives-home-reality-that-devils-are-beginning-a-new-era-1.1411071

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
btw what are the prices on the tickets - I assume the normal single-game prices? They've gone back and forth between printing sth price and single-game prices on the season tickets. It can't be the 'sth price' this year, my seats would be $38 if the listed prices were accurate, but they're $30. Of course they don't have a chart on the site listing game-by-game price either.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
btw what are the prices on the tickets - I assume the normal single-game prices? They've gone back and forth between printing sth price and single-game prices on the season tickets. It can't be the 'sth price' this year, my seats would be $38 if the listed prices were accurate, but they're $30. Of course they don't have a chart on the site listing game-by-game price either.

Every game has a different price. Game ticket, state tax and city surcharge are all broken down on the ticket.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Every game has a different price. Game ticket, state tax and city surcharge are all broken down on the ticket.

Right but they're listing the regular single-game prices. It's impossible for 95% of my tickets to be $29 and way above when my sth invoice is barely over $30 per game.

Double-checking my invoice is actually $32.50 per game, including the taxes. But even that doesn't make the list ticket prices accurate since the average price of all my tickets is $38 per game according to their ticket prices.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014

I was wondering this as well. My best guess would be single game ticket prices ($77 for a game vs nyr in attack twice balcony seems like a ballpark price), because as you said the average of the listed prices comes out to more than what we paid. My other thought involved the flex plan pricing; less costly than single game tickets but more than STH, though I'm not sure why that would get printed on it. I wonder if the value specified on the ticket is indicative of what one would pay when buying extras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad