Music: Official Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo/etc. Thread

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Didn't post on there but in regards to The Atari's, they're one of the very very very very few acts I've seen that had a cover that was vastly superior to the original. Talking about Boys of Summer obviously.

I prefer their version of I Remember You over Skid Row's as well.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
A lot of great stuff being posted.

On the non-video side of things, does anyone have any stories or shows that you're going to or have just went to? Or just any fun stories in general from shows?

I'm going to see The Wonder Years with the Story So Far and Modern Baseball. Really pumped for TWY and Modern Baseball, not so familiar with Story so far. I've been addicted to Modern Baseball's album "You're Gonna Miss It All"

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm going to see The Wonder Years with the Story So Far and Modern Baseball. Really pumped for TWY and Modern Baseball, not so familiar with Story so far. I've been addicted to Modern Baseball's album "You're Gonna Miss It All"

Want to see TWY so bad. My life's goal currently is to be in the middle of the pit and screaming "Came Out Swinging."

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I go on vacation and this thread slips off the first page, wth? :sarcasm:

Anyway, that article posted previously about quintessential emo songs got me thinking, and I came up with my own top 10 quintessential emo songs. These aren't necessarily my favorites, but these really exemplify what I think of when I hear the term emo. Hope you guys enjoy...

10. Texas is the Reason - Jack With One Eye

9. White Octave - Appeals For Insertion

8. Thursday - Ian Curtis

7. Mineral - Sadder Star

6. Sunny Day Real Estate - Waffle

5. The Casket Lottery - Midway

4. Cursive - The Martyr

3. The Jazz June - Silver Dollar

2. The Appleseed Cast - Dreamland

1. Penfold - I'll Take You Everywhere

I'm sure I'll think of a song I wanted to include later, but for now, that's what I got.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I go on vacation and this thread slips off the first page, wth? :sarcasm:

Anyway, that article posted previously about quintessential emo songs got me thinking, and I came up with my own top 10 quintessential emo songs. These aren't necessarily my favorites, but these really exemplify what I think of when I hear the term emo. Hope you guys enjoy...

10. Texas is the Reason - Jack With One Eye

9. White Octave - Appeals For Insertion

8. Thursday - Ian Curtis

7. Mineral - Sadder Star

6. Sunny Day Real Estate - Waffle

5. The Casket Lottery - Midway

4. Cursive - The Martyr

3. The Jazz June - Silver Dollar

2. The Appleseed Cast - Dreamland

1. Penfold - I'll Take You Everywhere

I'm sure I'll think of a song I wanted to include later, but for now, that's what I got.

:handclap:

Learned alot from that list. :)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Finally got a ticket for Brand New and Modest Mouse on Saturday.

I don't go to concerts much anymore, but I'd love to see Brand New, and Modest Mouse would just be icing on the cake...how was the show?

Definitely would love to know too as I'm seeing Brand New for the first time in September.

On a side note, getting my Brand New tattoo soon! :)

Legion03

Aug 4, 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Definitely would love to know too as I'm seeing Brand New for the first time in September.

On a side note, getting my Brand New tattoo soon! :)

Awesome! do you have a pic of what you're getting? I have the Alexisonfire skull heart tattood on my chest (sadly they broke up not long after I got it). There are some Brand New lyrics that would make some great tattoos

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Awesome! do you have a pic of what you're getting? I have the Alexisonfire skull heart tattood on my chest (sadly they broke up not long after I got it). There are some Brand New lyrics that would make some great tattoos

It's pretty cliché as I know at least like 5924054 others have the same lyric but it ALSO means a lot to me so whatever. :laugh:

On my left inner arm it's going to say, "You know that you are not alone."

Then on my right inner arm, "Need you like water in my lungs."

Legion03

Aug 4, 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It's pretty cliché as I know at least like 5924054 others have the same lyric but it ALSO means a lot to me so whatever. :laugh:

It's a great lryic, and there's a ton of unoriginal tattoos that don't mean anything to people, so at least you've got the story behind it, haha. I like the 2 arm tattoos, too.

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009

The entirety of Deja Entendu would make a good tattoo. A lot of the other CDs have some pretty worthy stuff as well.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think Daisy is better than people give it credit for. Deja Entendu and TDAGARIM are in my opinion, perfect albums - surpass a 10/10. So while Daisy doesn't come close to surpassing those albums, I'd still have it as a solid 8/10. I think it's better than their debut album, tbh.

Legion03

Aug 4, 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think Daisy is better than people give it credit for. Deja Entendu and TDAGARIM are in my opinion, perfect albums - surpass a 10/10. So while Daisy doesn't come close to surpassing those albums, I'd still have it as a solid 8/10. I think it's better than their debut album, tbh.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I like Daisy quite a bit, and like you said, rate it around an 8. I just think their other albums are better. Toss up between Deja Entendu and TDAGARIM for best (their quite different so it's hard to compare when they're both that great) then Your Favorite Weapon I think is slightly better than Daisy, I'd probably give YFW an 8.5, maybe 9 on a good day. I was just talking in terms of quality, for me, they had a great debut followed by 2 incredible albums, and then a decline, I just hope there's not another decline in their next album and we hear another really good album.

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
Daisy is the best thing they've done.

The title-track is really good lyrically and Sink is one of their better live songs (also pretty sharp lyrics) but I can't get over the first time hearing the album and them opening with Vices which I think is a very weak song musically.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Show was good. It was at the Forest Hills Tennis Stadium where they used to play the US Open. It was weird because the floor was a green tennis court. Tons of people there. BN played about 16 songs, mostly from TDAG and Daisy. I've seen them a lot over the years, they're always solid. Unfortunately, not enough good videos on youtube.

I saw them in December on Long Island. They hadn't really toured that much so they announced four shows, one in NY, one in Jersey, and two in Cali. They were to play 2 full albums at each show. Tickets were basically impossible to get. They were going for like 200+ dollars on stubhub. At the NY show we all thought we were getting YFW and Deja and when they played Daisy it was not very well received to say the least. It ended up being a hot topic on ******. The redditors felt the NY crowd was ungrateful. Whatever. I would have liked to hear more Deja and YFW. BN is a NY band and the crowd always reacts really when when they play those songs.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011

One of their best shows was when they sold out the Nassau Coliseum when they toured with Thrice and Manchester Orchestra. Glassjaw was added to the show because they're another Long Island band. They played Play Crack the Sky with Andy Hull. One of the best live songs I've heard from them.

As long as you don't get "fight off your demons," you're doing just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad