Music: Official Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo/etc. Thread

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Pop Punk doesn't hit very often for me, but when it does hit, they hit hard.

FOB - Take This to Your Grave and Neck Deep - Life's Not Out to Get You are pretty much the only two I can really say I've loved.

What's your pop punk top 5?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

FOB - Take This to Your Grave and Neck Deep - Life's Not Out to Get You are pretty much the only two I can really say I've loved.

1. Blink-182 - Dude Ranch
2. New Found Glory - self titled
3. Millencolin - For Monkeys
4. Midtown - Save the world, lose the girl
5. Saves the day - Through being cool

HM: New Found Glory from the screen to the stereo. Is a cover album but an amazing one.

My favorite period for me was my high school to end of teenage years. I still listened through the fall out boy, my chemical romance, taking back sunday years but nothing beats those albums from when I was younger.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Even if it ends up being a yikes performance, I'm going to that reunion show. Got nothing to do on the 20th, LA is a four hour drive from Vegas, and my inner teen deserves something to be happy about as grad school slowly flays my spirit.
Lol nope. 6000 tickets sold out in 4 minutes and the only tickets Axs still has to sell are going for 2100 each before tax and fees.

f*** that shit. I'll buy up bootleg footage.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Can confirm it has ruined my life

I'm still not entirely sure what I think of Hello Exile yet. It's definitely a grower, but I don't think I would put it in my top 3 for the Menzingers (IMO it goes On the Impossible Past, Rented World, and then After the Party. Hello Exile might be just ahead of Chamberlain Waits). It has some great tracks, but also is overall a lot more slow with less hooks. Not a bad album, but not their best; I'd give it like an 8/10 at this point.

Reactions: BonMorrison

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario

1. New Found Glory - Self Titled
2. Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
3. Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave
4. Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon
5. The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It

All 5 of those albums I can listen to without skipping a song and I still listen to them all the time. Love pop punk...so many other bands to name as well. I could probably do a top 10-15 but I'll just stop at 5.

One band I'm really digging lately is Transit. Too bad they broke up, I think their last album Joyride was their best one of them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoseEmDown

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

1. The Menzingers - On the Impossible Past (if this is too punk, then After the Party)
2. Blink 182 - Untitled (only cause Dude Ranch was mentioned here twice already)
3. Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This to Memory
4. Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
5. Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler

HM: Dookie, Bleed American, Americana, Enema of the State, Boxcar Racer

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I saw Sum 41 and the Offspring last weekend; they were pretty great. Sum 41 screwed around a lot more and it made for some better versions of the songs. Deryck started to play a few songs from the back of the crowd. I was thinking about how that could go wrong with a mosh pit with no security guards, right next to the sound technicians. The concert was a nice combination of bands though; Sum 41 were more loose and screwed around, Offspring had more banter between themselves and played their songs really tightly with a couple covers thrown in. Dexter had a Rypien jersey on when he played and one of the songs was about a friend that he lost from suicide. He also said he's been a Canucks fan for a number of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad