Pre-Game Talk: Official Playoffs Discussion Thread. Who do you want in the 1st round? Poll Included

habsnacks

Nov 16, 2014
I can see us beating any of these teams (yes, even Ottawa), the playoffs are always a different story.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
If we're not good enough to beat a bubble team like the Sens, then we don't deserve anything.

Let's beat them, then kick the crap out of TB, then make the NYR pay for what Kreider did last year.

The Habs play better when they're underdogs anyway.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
They must have an error where I'm looking because you're right that the Isles will definitely be playing the Caps.

Hold CTRL key and hit F5.

You'll see the proper odds.

Man, you need to clear your cache.

It's not really his responsibility to do that. The website must let the browser know it's time to reload the page. Their caching implementation is borked.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
If we're not good enough to beat a bubble team like the Sens, then we don't deserve anything.

Let's beat them, then kick the crap out of TB, then make the NYR pay for what Kreider did last year.

The Habs play better when they're underdogs anyway.

unfortunately for you reality is different than your fantasies

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
It's not really his responsibility to do that. The website must let the browser know it's time to reload the page. Their caching implementation is borked.
I agree. You have to know the site needs a refresh everytime you come back after a day or two.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
unfortunately for you reality is different than your fantasies
Haha, I know. I'm not expecting them to do that. But if they fear the mighty Sens, then they won't get far. The Sens are on a hot streak, but that's it. There's no way we should lose to them again. Against TB or the NYR, I'll be OK with it, because they're superior teams as of now.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
this whole afraid of the sens thing is ****ing stupid. believe me, if habs play sens and they go in as underdogs they will play win an edge - especially with what happened two years ago

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I'm going to say who I don't want, which means everyone else is fine by me: Ottawa

No big surprise. They are 23-4 at the end and they usually beat us in the scoreboard and physically. No thanks. One and out doesn't sound appealing to me.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm going to say who I don't want, which means everyone else is fine by me: Ottawa

No big surprise. They are 23-4 at the end and they usually beat us in the scoreboard and physically. No thanks. One and out doesn't sound appealing to me.

Nonsense. We dominated Ottawa last season; this season they beat us twice with Tokarski in nets. Habs didn't take the Sens seriously. But with a playoff mindset and Price in nets Montreal will show why they're the better team.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I agree with the above.

We were 3-1-1 vs. Ottawa last season, while being 1-3-0 against them this season, Tokarski being in net for two decisions, both of them losses. One of the wins was a comeback when we were down 4-1 and tied the game with one second left on the clock. Ottawa is hardly a black beast for the Habs, but I understand it's the impression people get thinking about the 2013 playoffs.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
The last thing I want to see is for the Habs to play Ottawa while the Rangers play Pittsburgh. We'll probably go to 7 games, with a serious chance of being defeated, while the Rangers cruise to a series win in 4 games. Let someone else have a tough time with Ottawa while we take it easy in the first round, and hopefully buy some time for R&R.

Last edited:

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
The last thing I want to see is for the Habs to play Ottawa while the Rangers play Pittsburgh. We'll probably go to 7 games, with a serious chance of being defeated, while the Rangers cruise to a series win in 4 games. Let someone else have a tough time with Ottawa while we take it easy in the first round, and hopefully buy some time for R&R.

:shakehead Oh well.... Let's hope it works out. It sure would have been nice to play a team like Pittsburgh, and coast through the first round.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Neither. I want to face Ottawa. I can't stand their arrogant and irrelevent fanbase and would love nothing more than to crush the living **** out of that pathetic franchise in the playoffs and shut those clowns up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we face Ottawa we will lose for sure. So no i dont want to face the sens. Anyone but the sens.

As long as we avoid Sens we'll be fine!

Any team except Ottawa.

Pittsburgh or Boston easily, if Ottawa make it into the playoffs and they beat us you'll never hear the end of it. Hopefully Ottawa doesn't even reach the playoffs.

That's why I choose Pittsburgh. If they beat us we can reach into the bag of excuses.

Any team but Ottawa!

I absolutely do not want Ottawa but it seems super likely. Damn.

Ottawa = auto sweep. 0 luck vs them.

Anyone but Ottawa in R1 please.

Oh ye of little faith :naughty:

Revenge mixed with Sens tears taste oh so good :D

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Some of the comments in here after finding out Habs were facing Sens are downright shameful.

I'm sorry to say...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad