Pre-Game Talk: Official Playoffs Discussion Thread. Who do you want in the 1st round? Poll Included

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd rather face Ottawa and beat them, exorcising those demons - than face anyone else.

Boston are filthy and would play very dirty as they have something to prove, I really want to avoid them.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
The Habs have a lot of pride and determination. If we do play Ottawa, I'm sure that they will be motivated to get revenge against the Sens for that 2013 series in which the Habs were unceremoniously dumped in 5 games.

Have faith fellow Habs fans.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd rather face Ottawa and beat them, exorcising those demons - than face anyone else.

Boston are filthy and would play very dirty as they have something to prove, I really want to avoid them.

Regardless of who we play, I hope you have some witty banter readdy

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It's impossible Habs play vs Boston.

If Boston make the playoffs, they play against NYR because they will finish last wildcard.

So if Habs win tonight and Detroit win vs Carolina (all very possible scenarios because of standings)

It's:

MTL-OTT
TB-DET
NYR-PIT
WSH-NYI

I think we play Ottawa and that series would be awesome and that's what I want. We have a good chance but it could be a long series.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It's impossible Habs play vs Boston.

If Boston make the playoffs, they play against NYR because they will finish last wildcard.

So if Habs win tonight and Detroit win vs Carolina (all very possible scenarios because of standings)

It's:

MTL-OTT
TB-DET
NYR-PIT
WSH-NYI

I think we play Ottawa and that series would be awesome and that's what I want. We have a good chance but it could be a long series.

MTL, DET, PIT and NYI going through would be great :)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I want to vs the wings so badly. I really don`t like us being against Ottawa.
I hate the Bruins with a passion, but I`d rather have them in than the Penguins.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I always want Boston. These are great game and great competition nd it is a good team despite their problems this year.

About Colton Orr, don't know why the thread was closed but anyone epect Orr to make some trouble is dreaming.
The champioship of the league is on the line, you think a referree would endure Orr to stop the show...

Any bad decision from a referee will be scrutinized.

Pretty sure both coach will be told and the message will be clear.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Here's the odds for the games tonight that matter..

If all Favs win we face the Pens! Hope this happens

Pens 1.23/-434 vs Sabres 4.73/+373
Canes 1.84/-119 vs Wings 2.08/+108
Montreal 1.52/-185 vs Leafs 2.74/+174

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
We can still face Ottawa, Detroit, or Pittsburgh. Out of these choices, I would certainly pick Pittsburgh, a struggling team which also lost Letang due to concussion for the remainder of the season.

However, a series against Ottawa would be amazing as well in terms of excitement. I don't get this talk about Ottawa being our black beast. Sure, we lost in the 2013 playoffs but Carey Price is an improved goaltender now, the best one in the entire world.

This season, we've faced Ottawa on four occasions and have a 1-3-0 record. However, Dustin Tokarski was in net for 2 out of the 3 losses.

In his career, Price is 17-7-4 against them and they are not even close to being his "black beast" as some tend to think.

That said, I am sure Ottawa will hope to face Montreal as they stand a much better against us than against Tampa Bay.

Karlsson2Turris*

How do you feel about facing the Sens?

Congrats on both teams making the playoffs and if this series happens, it should be very interesting. Was curious what your perspectives on this match up... do you feel very confident?

There were different opinions on our board in a similar thread, so I;d like to see your opinions. :)

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Congrats on both teams making the playoffs and if this series happens, it should be very interesting. Was curious what your perspectives on this match up... do you feel very confident?

There were different opinions on our board in a similar thread, so I;d like to see your opinions. :)

I feel like a series vs the Sens is completely 50/50.. a Series vs the Pens is more like 70/30.. That's what I'm hoping for.. But nothing would match the excitement of a Sens/Habs series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad