Official Player Inquiry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
No, not kidding. If you check the CBA (http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf), you will see that as a 2008 draft pick, NYI could offer him $875K base salary that he could double with performance and signing bonuses. The CBA doesn't say anything about a lower max for later draft picks. And he will turn 22 before signing any contract with the Isles, which means his ELC only has to be for 2 years. After that, he will be a free agent and make the big bucks... if he's really that good.

I suspect he will sign a contract that says that he can go back to Kazan if he doesn't make the NYI NHL roster

I think the issue will be the contract Petrov is offered. A 2 way or a 1 way deal.

On a 1 way contract then yes he would earn the NHL base salary, but as a foreign unproven player with no NA skating experience I highly doubt Garth Snow's office offers a 1 way deal.

With a 2 way deal he is assigned to the AHL and rides the buses while trying to adjust to a new country, new system...

Not even to mention language, which if you have ever lived overseas can be a very difficult adjustment. I don't know how Petrov's English is but that is also a major factor.

Going to a training camp without a contract is probably impossible too.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
anyone knows what Andrei Vasilevski's contract status is in Russia?
Your question isn't answerable without inside information from SY. And I'm not convinced it really matters as he wouldn't be NHL ready for quite some time, so he can stay put even if he has some long term deal with Ufa already.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Your question isn't answerable without inside information from SY. And I'm not convinced it really matters as he wouldn't be NHL ready for quite some time, so he can stay put even if he has some long term deal with Ufa already.

How do you figure that?

He actually looked quite polished at the WJC.

JA

Can somebody here discuss Sergei Shirokov's strengths and weaknesses? I followed him closely with the Vancouver Canucks and knew he wasn't given a fair shot. He had a terrific season this year, but I'd like to know what sort of things he's been doing in order to be successful.

Does he have any chance of participating in this year's IIHF World Championship?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Can somebody here discuss Sergei Shirokov's strengths and weaknesses? I followed him closely with the Vancouver Canucks and knew he wasn't given a fair shot. He had a terrific season this year, but I'd like to know what sort of things he's been doing in order to be successful.

Does he have any chance of participating in this year's IIHF World Championship?

Good offensive player, good finisher, could use more speed, IMHO he actually may squeak onto the WC roster.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
can anyone comment on Igor Ustinsky, goalie for Gazovik Tyumen in the MHL?

Well, he is often in training caps for Russian NT for his age group, but I can guarantee that noone has seen him action here.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Well, he is often in training caps for Russian NT for his age group, but I can guarantee that noone has seen him action here.

I think I may have seen him in one of NT games, but have 0 recollection about it) I know for sure I had seen Nalimov - inconsistent.

francklem

Mar 8, 2006
What are the chance of these player to play in the NHL ?
What kind of production can be expect from Them?

NIKITA GUSEV

Nikolay Prokhorkin

Yaroslav Kosov

Nikita Kucherov

Maxim Shalunov

ANTON ZLOBIN

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
I was hoping that somebody could give me an update on Alex Pechurskiy? He was drafted by the Penguins and played part of a game for them in an emergency a few seasons ago. Since then he ran into trouble finding a home. I cannot find any information on him and wonder if he would still be in the Penguins' plans.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Is there any place to see KHL injury list? Is Kulikov injured and if so what is it?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is there any place to see KHL injury list? Is Kulikov injured and if so what is it?

I don't know if all list is available anywhere but the teams' injured players can be found on team's profile and all the updates can be found on "Изменения в составах команд" ("Changes in the teams' rosters") although I believe there's no such thing in English version.

Kulikov was removed from injury list yesterday:

Изменения в составах команд на 18 декабря

Локомотив
- переведен из списка травмированных защитник Куликов Дмитрий

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad