Official Player Inquiry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Any chance Bashkirov get back into the KHL this year? Also Korostin back to AHL this year??

I think Bashkirov is done - he had a chance with Lada when they were in a free fall and did nothing, he should thank his dad for a career ruined. Korostin was somewhat ok for one of the weakest teams in the VHL - not sure what his plans are.

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
Alexei Yemelin

Alexei Yemelin will be playing in the NHL with Montreal this season.

He has played extensively with Kazan Ak-Bars.

Is his reportedly more physical style better suited to North America than it was to the KHL?

drive45

Jul 1, 2011
closer than I appear
Kirill Petrov (NYI)

What do the KHL congnescenti think of Kirill Petrov? He scored 19 pts for Khanty-Mansiisk, right? How does he look? Would '12-'13 in the AHL and then '13-'14 in the NHL be a realistic goal? ( I like the fact that his THN profile says he has a "flair for the dramatic"; sounds fun to watch :yo:). Thanks

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
What do the KHL congnescenti think of Kirill Petrov? He scored 19 pts for Khanty-Mansiisk, right? How does he look? Would '12-'13 in the AHL and then '13-'14 in the NHL be a realistic goal? ( I like the fact that his THN profile says he has a "flair for the dramatic"; sounds fun to watch :yo:). Thanks

I haven't heard anything from him indiciating a move to NA, I think if he's a regular in Kazan' - he stays in Russia. While two years ago he went to the Isles' training camp - this year I think he didn't cross the pond.

drive45

Jul 1, 2011
closer than I appear
I haven't heard anything from him indiciating a move to NA, I think if he's a regular in Kazan' - he stays in Russia. While two years ago he went to the Isles' training camp - this year I think he didn't cross the pond.

But Khanty-Mansiisk is different from Kazan, right? Or do you just mean 'a regular in the KHL?' BTW, Did he leave because he felt pressure playing for his hometown team? I was kind of hoping that the only reason he didn't come to rookie camp was because he knew he was commited to his KHL team for '11-'12.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
But Khanty-Mansiisk is different from Kazan, right? Or do you just mean 'a regular in the KHL?' BTW, Did he leave because he felt pressure playing for his hometown team? I was kind of hoping that the only reason he didn't come to rookie camp was because he knew he was commited to his KHL team for '11-'12.

no he was gonna transferre to the NHL 'cause he hasn't been getting a chance in Kazan', so mean what I had said. He left to Yugra, 'cause it was an illegal in the KHL rent a player move (sugar-coated into a trade) so he can get PT and not bolt to NA.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kirill Petrov
he has solid TOI this season, so I dont see any reason why to move to NA.
I read somewhere that club considers rebuilding of team and IMO Petrov should be included in this plan.

EDIT:
At the moment he leads club stats in points, 9 games, 4+2, 6 pts

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Kirill Petrov
he has solid TOI this season, so I dont see any reason why to move to NA.
I read somewhere that club considers rebuilding of team and IMO Petrov should be included in this plan.

EDIT:
At the moment he leads club stats in points, 9 games, 4+2, 6 pts

rebuilding is right, they have a lot of young guys: Petrov, Bocharov, Golubyev, Yarulin slightly older Lemtyugov, Darzinsh, Bodrov

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
The Islanders are rebuilding with a lot of young players also. They might be able to offer him more money, too.

you kidding me, right? on a rookie entry-level contract as a 3rd round (correct me if I am wrong too lazy to research where he got picked)????

I don't think there's a player on the main kazan' team making under 500k with a much lower tax bracket.

drive45

Jul 1, 2011
closer than I appear
you kidding me, right? on a rookie entry-level contract [ELC] as a 3rd round (correct me if I am wrong too lazy to research where he got picked)????

I don't think there's a player on the main kazan' team making under 500k with a much lower tax bracket.

No, not kidding. If you check the CBA (http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf), you will see that as a 2008 draft pick, NYI could offer him $875K base salary that he could double with performance and signing bonuses. The CBA doesn't say anything about a lower max for later draft picks. And he will turn 22 before signing any contract with the Isles, which means his ELC only has to be for 2 years. After that, he will be a free agent and make the big bucks... if he's really that good.

I suspect he will sign a contract that says that he can go back to Kazan if he doesn't make the NYI NHL roster

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad