Rumor: Official Pens Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** We will keep rolling with this thread throughout the day, unless it starts to get bogged down. Per the Administration guru's, we shouldnt need to cap it with the new upgrades. ***

Keep this thread to PENGUINS rumors and or trades only.

Yes, the forum is experiencing issues, we get it, keep your whining about it out of the thread.

a4c75869d223aa90129ab6c89646ac34.gif

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know if you've been keeping up with the trade boards but there's pretty much no winger better than Rakell out there barring a team making a guy available in an unexpected way at the last moment (assuming the Canucks aren't trading Boeser at the moment).

Also cap space. You want him to pay whatever it takes to create cap space?

edit: I forgot about Bertuzzi tbf. Assuming Yzerman wants a fair price rather than an insane price, assuming he likes out top prospects, assuming we can find that much cap space...

There’s no winger better than Rakell who’s a UFA….but there’s a lot of wingers like Bertuzzi who may be available for the right price….that’s where a good GM comes in, finding them and making it happen…

cap space excuse is bullshit too…Florida didn’t have cap space either…trade Vatrano and send some AHL players the other way and boom, there’s cap space…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There’s no winger better than Rakell who’s a UFA….but there’s a lot of wingers like Bertuzzi who may be available for the right price….that’s where a good GM comes in, finding them and making it happen…

cap space excuse is bullshit too…Florida didn’t have cap space either…trade Vatrano and send some AHL players the other way and boom, there’s cap space…

Nobody knows if Bertuzzi is available and I definitely don’t want to look like the Caps after moving out tons of pieces for Mantha

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Name them. I'm looking through the various trade boards the media have assembled and unless you thin Vancouver are about to sell after all, it's Bertuzzi and that's it.

Saying a good GM should be able to regularly find trades none of the NHL's media have heard even a whiff of is confusing "good GM" with "using magic or blackmail".

And, no, it's not bullshit, because we don't have a Frank Vatrano to make easy cap space with. Unless you think Hextall should use that magic wand that comes with the good GM kit to suddenly turn Pettersson into a 2.5m free agent?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Nobody knows if Bertuzzi is available and I definitely don’t want to look like the Caps after moving out tons of pieces for Mantha
Really? Mantha’s been like their best player lately with Oshie injured again…that trade worked out well for both teams

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Name them. I'm looking through the various trade boards the media have assembled and unless you thin Vancouver are about to sell after all, it's Bertuzzi and that's it.

Saying a good GM should be able to regularly find trades none of the NHL's media have heard even a whiff of is confusing "good GM" with "using magic or blackmail".

And, no, it's not bullshit, because we don't have a Frank Vatrano to make easy cap space with. Unless you think Hextall should use that magic wand that comes with the good GM kit to suddenly turn Pettersson into a 2.5m free agent?

I mean the names aren’t really out there because the GM’s aren’t necessarily going to trade them… but if someone calls them with a reasonable offer, they might be traded….it’s like Dumo, his name isn’t out there but if someone came to Hextall with a trade proposal for him that filled another need, maybe the trade happens…there are few players who are untouchable…you have to call the GMs and push the right buttons…a trade could be had perhaps

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It’s fine. But like I don’t really see Bertuzzi being available for a package we can provide.
Maybe not..depends what Hextall is willing to give up and if Stevie likes any of the players/prospects we have and are willing to trade

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
With the Ducks trading Lindholm one would think a guy like MP could intrigue them. Rakell + for the incredible dragon?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’ll bet that if Fleury does move it’s Pittsburgh. He might be thinking of retiring next season and wants to finish in Pitts, even as a backup.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I mean the names aren’t really out there because the GM’s aren’t necessarily going to trade them… but if someone calls them with a reasonable offer, they might be traded….it’s like Dumo, his name isn’t out there but if someone came to Hextall with a trade proposal for him that filled another need, maybe the trade happens…there are few players who are untouchable…you have to call the GMs and push the right buttons…a trade could be had perhaps

How often does that happen? Why is any GM going to sell their player under contract for a reasonable offer when teams are getting hauls all over the place for their rentals?

Yeah, you can prise players away who weren't really on the market. Mantha. Barclay Goodrow. But it pretty much never happens for reasonable offers. It happens for offers that blow teams away. Jeff Carter is about the only surprise fair price player I can think of, and that happened because LA showed him a great deal of respect and he had a great deal of respect for Hextall. Unfortunately that avenue doesn't look open right now.

I mean, you pretty much only ever see guys better than Rakell move for overpayments, equally talented players, and due to teams having no choice. But a good GM should be able to just rustle one out of nowhere when it's needed? Surely if there's a GM willing to do that, one of the GMs looking for reinforcements would have found this person and made the trade already...

This just isn't a reasonable expectation given the NHL's history.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It comes down to whether you think the lack of goal scoring is a structural problem or a case of bad luck/due to regress. Like Geno for instance. Looks great. Line hasn't been making goals. What gives?

I could go either way. There ain't no perfect teams so I won't whinge incessantly if we run EROD in the top 6. I'm much more dour on the prospect of Heinen being good (he isn't) or Zucker being a legit top-6er (he isn't, not here at least)
During Geno’s slump, I don’t think he’s looked all that great. He looked much better today, so maybe he’s been suffering through an injury?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If you're gunning for a big trade, as if we have the assets to pull it off, you better hope it's in the off-season. In-season, particularly at the TDL, is prime "what the f*** were you thinking" territory.

Reactions: OtherThingsILike

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Absolutely on full go! Can't believe how excited I am. 40 hours and counting. THIS is the point to finally get stoked. A lot of you jumped the gun but now, now's the time to get yourselves into a frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad