Speculation: Official Offseason Thread

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Suggested PTO options

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Of those options I would give Sam Steel a shot. He's the youngest and is a C/W. We still need some youth.

Haven't seen him much the past two years but he's shown flashes from what I remember and stats wise had the same year at 23/24 that Stephenson had. Also about the same size as Stephenson.

Stephenson had another 1.5 disappointing seasons after that in Washington before turning it around here. Not suggesting Steel would to that degree but maybe a change of scenery and last chance feeling motivates him into being a good third liner possibility.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Of those options I would give Sam Steel a shot. He's the youngest and is a C/W. We still need some youth.

Haven't seen him much the past two years but he's shown flashes from what I remember and stats wise had the same year at 23/24 that Stephenson had. Also about the same size as Stephenson.

Stephenson had another 1.5 disappointing seasons after that in Washington before turning it around here. Not suggesting Steel would to that degree but maybe a change of scenery and last chance feeling motivates him into being a good third liner possibility.
I'm a little more intrigued by Sonny Milano.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm a little more intrigued by Sonny Milano.
He's not a bad shout either, I just wondered if we can get him for 1M, as I think they'll give Hague ~2.8M to get a few extra years, 2.8x4, for some cost certainty through competing years and because even if he stalls out at like a 27 point per 82 defenseman, that size and youth should still make the contract movable if needed.

Or even if he fell off a cliff, a buyout of the last two years would only cost 467k in cap because he'd be under 26.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
He's not a bad shout either, I just wondered if we can get him for 1M, as I think they'll give Hague ~2.8M to get a few extra years, 2.8x4, for some cost certainty through competing years and because even if he stalls out at like a 27 point per 82 defenseman, that size and youth should still make the contract movable if needed.

Or even if he fell off a cliff, a buyout of the last two years would only cost 467k in cap because he'd be under 26.
Steel signed with Wild for $825,000 and he was a 1st round pick (late 1st) of Ducks. So maybe 1M is reasonable, we have about 3.9 M in cap space assuming LTIR's so that leave 2.8 for Hague.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
What additions/subtractions have the Knights made this offseason? I know you got Phil, but what else? I'm not really following along this offseason. And where do you project the Knights finish in 2023?

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Playoff team, too many ifs to predict exactly where and I doubt the roster in March is exactly that in October.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
What additions/subtractions have the Knights made this offseason? I know you got Phil, but what else? I'm not really following along this offseason. And where do you project the Knights finish in 2023?
-Pacioretty
-Dadonov
-Lehner(LTIR whole season, most likely LTIRetired)
-PDB and Spott
+Cassidy
+Hill
+Phil
+Healthy Stone
+Manninen(TBA if he's an NHLer or not)

How Vegas does will depend on if Thompson can be a starter(alternatively; if Hill can step up to the plate).

Reactions: Cianide

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Rather put in a claim for Kostin even if it means both Lescyshyn and Rondbjerg hit waivers. Also not sure Janmark would work cap wise.
At best that looks like a lateral move right now.

I don't want Vegas to claim any of them(I brought Janmark up because he played here for 1½ season), if Johnsson had a better cap hit? Sure.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
At best that looks like a lateral move right now.

I don't want Vegas to claim any of them(I brought Janmark up because he played here for 1½ season), if Johnsson had a better cap hit? Sure.

It might end up a lateral move, but Kostin certainly has a higher ceiling than the other 2. At the least he would bring a bigger body and more skill.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Rather put in a claim for Kostin even if it means both Lescyshyn and Rondbjerg hit waivers. Also not sure Janmark would work cap wise.

One of them is hitting waivers regardless right?

And both may need to anyway if Hague isn't signed by the time rosters need to be submitted to maximize the ACSL and bank the most space to sign him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass looked pretty good for the Preds in their season opener. Killing penalties, winning draws and even threw a nice hit. He was almost as quick as he was 3 years ago, too. Ugh.

Reactions: Lehtonen

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Glass looked pretty good for the Preds in their season opener. Killing penalties, winning draws and even threw a nice hit. He was almost as quick as he was 3 years ago, too. Ugh.
He barely played on the PK and his unit allowed by far the most high danger chances, though. And he won 46% of draws.

He won't get to face the Sharks every game, so we'll see how this develops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad