Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with forward Oscar Lindberg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers signed Oscar Lindberg for two years--as far as I can tell it's a one way both years. If true--to me that shows faith that the Rangers think he's going to make it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You can go all over the league and find lots of contracts worse than Glass's. Look at what the Penguins are paying Rob Scuderi--or the Flyers Vinny LeCavalier or Andrew MacDonald.---Mike Richards? David Clarkson? Ryane Clowe? You can look at players like Steve Downie---sure he's a better hockey player and skill wise it's not even close--but choosing between Downie and Glass---I'm taking Glass every time. Downie costs his team games all the time because he has absolutely no discipline. It's not just John Scott--you can go on and on.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Lindberg was offensive in CT but yea he's more of a two way faceiff guy for the bottom 6

Perfect Moore replacement . Lol brooks

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
lol it's not "easy to understand" the presence Glass brings since he's barely even a ****ing tough guy.

It is very easy to understand, if you were lobotomized by the US education system or were just born that way. :loony:

650k* for two years? Wow, nice signing. By next year this kid should definitely be getting robbed on a nightly basis, assuming AV plays him.

Also, Brooks is an idiot. Truly.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Lindberg was offensive in CT but yea he's more of a two way faceiff guy for the bottom 6

Perfect Moore replacement . Lol brooks

He also won the SEL playoff MVP and had a brilliant offensive run. This kid does have a scoring touch, but Brooks is definitely overstating that aspect of his game.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
lindberg is exactly what this team needs.

1. cheap contract who can log 4th line minutes

2. smart 2 way guy who can be trusted to take a regular shift

3. a guy who can grow into his role and play to his strengths this upcoming season along side dom moore.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
we need to ship glass to arizona or something so we can play a guy like lindberg on the 4th line instead of glass. Not only is he better but he has a much lower cap hit. get rid of glass asap

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
JFC, 6 pages in a OL signing thread and all people talk about is Tanner ****ing Glass where are the mods; who gives a **** about Glass, start his own thread, don't clog up this thread.:rant:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
JFC, 6 pages in a OL signing thread and all people talk about is Tanner ****ing Glass where are the mods; who gives a **** about Glass, start his own thread, don't clog up this thread.:rant:

His place on the team directly ties into Lindberg's signing. If he's on the 4LW, where does OL play? People are discussing why OL is a better fit than him.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Glass was a solid player in the playoffs, but he doesn't score. Teams win Cups with high end talent and depth -- four lines that can score.

Glass doesn't help the scoring part, Lindberg will. That's being generous to Glass and to simple facts.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Glass was a solid player in the playoffs, but he doesn't score. Teams win Cups with high end talent and depth -- four lines that can score.

Glass doesn't help the scoring part, Lindberg will. That's being generous to Glass and to simple facts.

I want to stay away from this but I admit I am a moth to a flame. There's no way he was solid, he still blew chunks.

Glass provides nothing, not solid defense as he can't prevent a simple forecheck, make a competent headman pass to break the puck out of the zone, he can't skate it out of trouble nor accurately read a play to prevent a high quality scoring chance.

Compare him to a rookie like Fast, who was mostly crappy offensively, he doesn't shoot enough, but added everything a 4th line player should, such that he was moved up 2 lines and looked better than fine.

Offensively, just as he was defensively, Glass is a black hole. He can't carry the puck, forecheck and or pressure defenders into making a mistake. He is simply a second or 2 or 3 late on every play. Point of fact he is terrible, everything an NHL player should not be.

Again, people measure him against an absurdly low standard. Move that benchmark up to a competent 4th liner and he still sucked.

Edit: I am not picking on you, I just want to know what people saw that makes him decent in the playoffs? Honest, I cringed everytime he was on the ice.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Did you expect Larry to have a non-stupid opinion on hockey backed with facts?

Brooks is pretty good when getting a feel for insider knowledge - he's pretty well connected within the sport.

He's at his worst when it comes to actually evaluating talent. Simply put, he doesn't do his homework when it comes to aspects not related to the business side of the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad