Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with forward Oscar Lindberg

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This isn't about one man, it's about three. Sather, Gorton, and AV. They all want him in the lineup.

12 forwards, and 1 of the 12 happens to not have much skill, but adds an element of grit (sandpaper) whatever you want to call it, to the lineup.

I don't have the ability to ask them why they prefer that, but others have and the answers are all the same. They want that element in the lineup.

Some agree with it, and some don't.

Unless you have very inside information, you do not know this (all 3 in agreement). And if you don't, you're making very presumptuous statements about how things are and calling people idiots for not going along with it.

There's no doubt the NYR have tried to make "toughness" a part of their DNA every single offseason for years. From Brashear to Newbury to Pyatt to Asham. It has been an abject failure. And the beat goes on.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yes, we believe we're smarter than management because we think that playing Glass is a poor decision. Right on.

Again, at least we're thinking for ourselves rather than just going along with some other people's opinions.

I think for myself, I just happen to agree with the reasons why management wants one out of 12 forwards to be Tanner Glass.

Do I think he's a great hockey player, or the best option? Nope.

I just understand why they want the element of what he brings game in, game out.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: #NYR deal for Lindberg is two years, $650K per. Etem signed to qualifying offer of one-year, $850,500 #NHL”

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I think for myself, I just happen to agree with the reasons why management wants one out of 12 forwards to be Tanner Glass.

I just understand why they want the element of what he brings game in, game out.

We all know why AV wants him in the lineup. We all know that's its ****ing dumb too.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Disagreeing with a professional opinion should be intractable.

Confirmed with link: Rangers sign Tanner Glass

"I agree with this"
"What a wonderful contract"
"He's such a good deterrent"

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013

You said this almost 50 posts ago. I find it funny that everyone continued to bash you claiming you thought Glass was one of the best forwards. :laugh:

I am with you on this one. I hate Glass and everything he stands for, but AV must have a reason he wants him out there. While his role around the league might be diminishing, some combination of AV/Sather/Gorton believe it is still an important part of a team. We were spoiled (if thats what you want to call it) with Dorsett/Prust in a similar role the past few years. Both brought the physicality with a bit more offense.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: Correction: Lindberg is in for $650,000 per on a two-year deal. #NYR”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad