HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Personnaly, I would replace Dudley by Fletcher, Mellanby by Francis and Carriere by Bouchard

I believe Bergevin said Dudley won't be replaced externally.

"In a statement about his departure, Bergevin confirmed that his role would not be filled externally so other members of Montreal’s front office (including Scott Mellanby, Larry Carriere, Trevor Timmins, and perhaps Martin Lapointe) will have to pick up the slack"

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I believe Bergevin said Dudley won't be replaced externally.

"In a statement about his departure, Bergevin confirmed that his role would not be filled externally so other members of Montreal’s front office (including Scott Mellanby, Larry Carriere, Trevor Timmins, and perhaps Martin Lapointe) will have to pick up the slack"
That whole crowd, seems to be nothing but slack.....it's not like any ONE of them, has done anything of overall value for the team...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That whole crowd, seems to be nothing but slack.....it's not like any ONE of them, has done anything of overall value for the team...

No doubt... the entire management team is struggling to improve our team. We need positive moves. Hireing Ducharme and Dudley leaving is good news. Also hiring Bouchard is more positive. We need fresh minds!

#1 priority should be to focus on the youth movement and creating a winning environment in Laval.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No doubt... the entire management team is struggling to improve our team. We need positive moves. Hireing Ducharme and Dudley leaving is good news. Also hiring Bouchard is more positive. We need fresh minds!

#1 priority should be to focus on the youth movement and creating a winning environment in Laval.
Absolutely...........new, fresh input!!

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Parenteau announced his retirement and was on with Mario Langlois. He was asked, having played with JT, where he thinks he will end up. P-A said he made a bet with his dad that he will sign in Montreal. He didn't say where his father thinks he'll end up, though. He specified that it's a feeling he has, he doesn't have an inside scoop.

When asked why he thinks he'd want to come to Montreal, P-A said he'd probably see that he's the perfect candidate to fill the most glaring need at 1C and that the allure of the city could play a role in him wanting to come here.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Parenteau announced his retirement and was on with Mario Langlois. He was asked, having played with JT, where he thinks he will end up. P-A said he made a bet with his dad that he will sign in Montreal. He didn't say where his father thinks he'll end up, though. He specified that it's a feeling he has, he doesn't have an inside scoop.

When asked why he thinks he'd want to come to Montreal, P-A said he'd probably see that he's the perfect candidate to fill the most glaring need at 1C and that the allure of the city could play a role in him wanting to come here.
Le PAP said so, JT to MTL E5.

Since I like conspiracies, what if Parenteau is just trying to c block us and give us false hopes after treating him like shit. :o

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If there was a potential lottery pick involved, then there's no doubt. We don't have any idea what was being asked or offered, as far as I know.

Only thing I read was MB wanting Trochek. If true , and thats the kind of return MB was looking for, there was no chance Patches could have been traded. Hopefully it isnt true.

Reactions: groovejuice

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For sure!
2 years of Pacioretty at 2.25mil is a very very good deal. If Florida did acquire him at the deadline they were most likely making the playoffs since they missed them by 1 point.

That's on Florida, though. Not Montreal. But as it was reported, Habs were asking for Trocheck in return, so even if Florida did get Max, they'd lose Trocheck.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
That's on Florida, though. Not Montreal. But as it was reported, Habs were asking for Trocheck in return, so even if Florida did get Max, they'd lose Trocheck.
Of course Florida wasn't going to get Max.
The rumours was that Bergevin was asking for way too much, how are Florida going to trade a 24 years old center with 75 points and who is in his prime for a one dimensional 29 years old sniper winger?

Reactions: vokiel and Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Of course Florida wasn't going to get Max.
The rumours was that Bergevin was asking for way too much, how are Florida going to trade a 24 years old center with 75 points and who is in his prime for a one dimensional 29 years old sniper winger?

I know they wouldn't. But I'm happy Bergevin didn't settle only for the sake of moving Max. Panthers are more likely to move Trocheck in the off-season than they would be at TDL while in a push for the playoffs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

We could have done just fine with the people we have/had in place already but they have fallen on the sword of close minded behaviour. What we are seeing right now and will continue to see is a correction of mistaken actions. I will not believe for one second that Bergevin has seen the light, he is simply no longer in control of the light switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad