HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, and he picks Tkachuk with our 1st except if its Dahlin because its his kind of player and he thinks Tkachuk can play this coming season to help him keep his job. And sure, out go 2nds for grit and attitude.

So what could have been the start of a renewal ends up being the beginning of the death spiral.

All on Molson if this goes south.

I'm expecting the worst so not really looking forward to the draft/off-season since I fear what he will do while Molson sits there counting his money.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Big day for Habs today with the firing of JJ and Lacroix, as well as the hiring of Ducharme and the extension of Waite.

It was said at the presser today that Ducharme will be a fourth guy behind the bench and that a defense coach will be named at a later date (Bouchard?).

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City

Why even play players through injuries in a lost season? I don't understand that. Obviously it didn't help things by playing him, knowledge of the severity or not.

I get the guy wants to play. So does everyone else in the league. But there's no sense in it. Shut them down if they're injured when the team obviously isn't playing for anything.

Reactions: groovejuice

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
IMO (for contracts only, disregarding trades)
I think bolded are next to guarantees for returning.
Underlined are probable returns.
Blue are 'in the air' returns
Red are players I just don't see coming back.
You do know there is a 50 contract limit for nhl teams yes?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Carr had a fairly productive year, don't see why he couldn't at least contend for a 4th line role next year.
McCarron is likely Laval material, but he's only 23, might as well give him one more year to see if he can at least be a useful 4th liner.
Only 23. Another Timmins first round classic.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I'm expecting the worst so not really looking forward to the draft/off-season since I fear what he will do while Molson sits there counting his money.

for those people who thought this season was bad......you ain't seen nothin yet

next season will be just as bad.....if not worse.....we are more likely to get the #1 OA pick in 2019 then we are this year

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just wondering what makes this official? :huh:
Anyone notice a seal or something? :laugh:

Embossed-official-seal-foil-se-5895865.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So, with Buffalo winning the lottery.. let's look at our own division:

Tampa Bay: Better C's, Better W's, Better D's, Goaltending grades with Price
Boston: Better C's, Better W's, Better D's, Goaltending grades with Price
Toronto: Better C's, Better W's, Worse D, Goaltending slightly below Price
Florida: Better C's, Equivalent W's, Equivalent D, Goaltending aging and slightly below Price
Detroit: Better C's, Worse W, Worse D, Worse G
Ottawa: Better C's, Better W, Equivalent D, Worse G
Buffalo: Better C's, Worse W, Better D, Worse G

So as it comes and as it stands right now: we are likely going to be battling Detroit for the worst in our division.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Florida: Better C's, Equivalent W's, Equivalent D, Goaltending aging and slightly below Price

So as it comes and as it stands right now: we are likely going to be battling Detroit for the worst in our division.

I think a lot depends on what we do with Pacioretty. With Zadina coming in to the prospect pool trading Pacioretty for someone like RNH can push us closer to the playoffs.

Drouin - RNH - Gallagher
Galchneyuk - Danault - Lehkonen
Shaw - Byron - Hudon
Carr - De La Rose - UFA

It's not pretty but I like that lineup more than with Pacioretty in it. And then the following year you might have a #3C in Poehling and a #2RW in Zadina.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think a lot depends on what we do with Pacioretty. With Zadina coming in to the prospect pool trading Pacioretty for someone like RNH can push us closer to the playoffs.

Drouin - RNH - Gallagher
Shaw - Byron - Hudon
Carr - De La Rose - UFA

It's not pretty but I like that lineup more than with Pacioretty in it.

That line-up has 0 chance of doing anything.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

I was going to post something similar. With Dahlin going to Buffalo that’s another team within the division that’ll be very hard to play against down the road. They have quite the core with Dahlin, Eichel, Middelstadt, ROR, and Reinhart. I’m expecting a Colorado jump from them over the next couple seasons.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was going to post something similar. With Dahlin going to Buffalo that’s another team within the division that’ll be very heard to play against down the road. They have quite the core with Dahlin, Eichel, Middelstadt, ROR, and Reinhart. I’m expecting a Colorado jump from them over the next couple seasons.

If they can get any type of goaltending.. which I believe gets better if they sign someone like Mrazek and use Ullmark as their number 1, not giving Lehner the ability to f*** over games.. they will easily be better than us.,

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
That line-up has 0 chance of doing anything.
Well you have to think we do something with out 13m or whatever cap space too. I think if we can get a decent center for Pacioretty like RNH and a Stastny from UFA we're immediately a playoff team.

Price will correct himself with Weber being healthy, Mete being more seasoned and Petry is still fine as a #3/4

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well you have to think we do something with out 13m or whatever cap space too. I think if we can get a decent center for Pacioretty like RNH and a Stastny from UFA we're immediately a playoff team.

RNH can't do much behind a cast of Draisatl and McDavid.. as the primary, or even secondary guy behind an older Stastny who was never a fleet skater in the first place, he's not going to be any more effective.

We have cap space, sure, but this team is so weak down the middle, with or without RNH/Stastny.. and on the back end, that this team just doesn't have what it takes to be anything but a pretender for a wild card spot. There's no easy fix for this squad other than the complete blow up and hope to hit on the bevvy of high picks we get from doing so.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Drouin - RNH - Gallagher
Shaw - Byron - Hudon
Carr - De La Rose - UFA

It's not pretty but I like that lineup more than with Pacioretty in it. And then the following year you might have a #3C in Poehling and a #2RW in Zadina.

Why are we making lateral trades to try and get into the playoff picture? RNH isn’t a 1st line center and will give us headaches because of overusage. If we’re going to suck, don’t resign Pacioretty, trade him for prospects/picks and move on. If we’re going to make trades for the present, it better make a lot of sense.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Price will correct himself with Weber being healthy, Mete being more seasoned and Petry is still fine as a #3/4

I still think the following teams are better within the confernce:

TB, Boston, Toronto, Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, CBJ, maybe Florida, maybe NJ, and honestly maybe Buffalo now.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
RNH can't do much behind a cast of Draisatl and McDavid.. as the primary, or even secondary guy behind an older Stastny who was never a fleet skater in the first place, he's not going to be any more effective.

We have cap space, sure, but this team is so weak down the middle, with or without RNH/Stastny.. and on the back end, that this team just doesn't have what it takes to be anything but a pretender for a wild card spot. There's no easy fix for this squad other than the complete blow up and hope to hit on the bevvy of high picks we get from doing so.

RNH has been player great next to McDavid that's one of the main reasons why they might keep him. That doesn't mean he wasn't good as a #3C, he just wasn't given the players to perform with I believe.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Why are we making lateral trades to try and get into the playoff picture? RNH isn’t a 1st line center and will give us headaches because of overusage. If we’re going to suck, don’t resign Pacioretty, trade him for prospects/picks and move on. If we’re going to make trades for the present, it better make a lot of sense.

A lateral move in the top 6 is one we have yet to make under Bergevin, so why is this such a big deal now considering we've been making them in our bottom 6 for 6 years now.

I think a lateral move in our top 6 is what this organization needs the most. A top 6 winger for a top 6 center? Yes please.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
RNH has been player great next to McDavid that's one of the main reasons why they might keep him. That doesn't mean he wasn't good as a #3C, he just wasn't given the players to perform with I believe.

He hasn't been great.. he's been passable and he's definitely not a 2-1 C, at least not in a legitimate team. I don't get fans obsessions with just wanting to be in the mix of the mediocre. Don't you want to win a cup? Stastny/RNH does not get you there. Better than bad is still not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->