Music: Official Metal Thread VII

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
it's time to Russian posting Aria again. But not exactly Russian, just an Asian who lives in Russia

And yes their clips aren't great

NameInUse

Sep 27, 2017
I'm loving the new Slipknot album, but I'm old and my tastes usually lean towards the mainstream, so my opinion doesn't account for much here I'm sure...

Anyone else liking it? To me the album sounds like a collaboration between Trent Reznor and Korn. It's pretty damn awesome!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
New Gatecreeper is good. I felt like this year wasn't great for me, but there's been a ton of releases in the last 3-4 months that I've loved. Actually shaping up to be a really really good year.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
New Gatecreeper is good. I felt like this year wasn't great for me, but there's been a ton of releases in the last 3-4 months that I've loved. Actually shaping up to be a really really good year.

I think it's awesome!

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Everyone remembers the title track from that album, but "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" - musically and lyrically - is the best song from "Fear of the Dark"

Sabaton has a pretty good cover of that song too.
One guy in comments on YouTube said that Bayley sings this song better, I did not hear the studio version with him and a cover from Sabaton, but I think that Dickenson's voice is ideal for this track, as well as Iron Maiden version of it. As for the lyrics it is the combination of powerful text and genious music that gives me goosebumps from this song. I actually think that creat good lyrics even harder than music itself

Last edited:

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Fan of doom, prog, melodeath, metalcore, sludge, and black metal/atmospheric black metal. Looking for recommendations to keep expanding.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
what 2019 albums are you guys enjoying? I've found a few new bands this year and some old ones I haven't listened to in years.

Amon Amarth - Berserker
Insomnium - Heart like a grave
Jinjer - Macro
Swallow the Sun - When a shadow is forced into the light
Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas
Lacuna Coil - Black Anima

new Tool, Korn and Slipknot albums were just ok, Lacuna Coil only has a few good songs on it.

Really impressed by Cattle Decap and Jinjer lately.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
My top 15 metal(ish) albums this year:

Tomb Mold - Infinite Resurrection
White Ward - Love Exchange Failure
Alcest - Spiritual Instinct
Yellow Eyes - Rare Field Ceiling
Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue
This Gift is a Curse - A Throne of Ash
Cartographs - Wilt & Blossom
Gatecreeper - Deserted
Ashbringer - Absolution
Venom Prison - Samsara
Violet Cold - kOsmik
Necropanther - The Doomed City
Equipoise - Demiurgus
None - Damp Chill of Life
Mastiff - Plague

Last edited:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I lose track of time very quickly, so I had to look up a list of 2019 releases. Here are my picks.

Some aren't as good as their prior release all the way through, and probably not as good as others released in 2019 overall, but I listen to what I listen to...

Children of Bodom - Hexed
Allegaeon - Apoptosis
Amon Amarth - Berzerker
Starkill - Gravity
Killswitch Engage - Atonement
HammerFall - Dominion
Gatecreeper - Deserted

Reactions: Blades11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad