Music: Official Metal Thread VII

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I've already found this year to be super good for metal stuff. Tons of releases I've enjoyed so far. Favorites are below.

Mastif - Plague
King Apathy - Wounds
Ad Patres - A Brief Introduction to Human Experiments
Malist - In the Catacombs of Time
Cartographs - Wilt & Blossom
Saqra's Cult - The 9th King

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Funereal-Presence-Achatius.jpg

Funereal Presence - Achatius

It's still early, but this is likely the album of the year. How do you accurately describe an album like this - one which has so embraced first wave black metal aesthetics, but is simultaneously so inspired and 'out-there'? Progressive atavism? This picks up where 80's peculiarities like Master's Hammer and Tormentor left off, fuses it with a dose of muscular trad/speed inspired riffs and blends it into a witches brew of malefic revelry. On paper it shouldn't work, but in practice it's nearly perfect. Like a horrible medieval woodcut come to life.

For fans of: Bathory circa Under The Sign Of The Black Mark/Blood Fie Death, early Master's Hammer, Mortuary Drape, Tormentor's Anno Domini demo, Negative Plane, Mercyful Fate.

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Funereal-Presence-Achatius.jpg

Funereal Presence - Achatius

It's still early, but this is likely the album of the year. How do you accurately describe an album like this - one which has so embraced first wave black metal aesthetics, but is simultaneously so inspired and 'out-there'? Progressive atavism? This picks up where 80's peculiarities like Master's Hammer and Tormentor left off, fuses it with a dose of muscular trad/speed inspired riffs and blends it into a witches brew of malefic revelry. On paper it shouldn't work, but in practice it's nearly perfect. Like a horrible medieval woodcut come to life.

For fans of: Bathory circa Under The Sign Of The Black Mark/Blood Fie Death, early Master's Hammer, Mortuary Drape, Tormentor's Anno Domini demo, Negative Plane, Mercyful Fate.

I listened to that the other day; it's pretty good. I've always wanted more cowbell in my black metal.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Also this one. Featuring a member of Satan

I know it's a trend, but 2019 has been a good year for the traditional heavy metal revival

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad