*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Wow! 7-2.

Now, it's a best-of-five with London stealing home ice.

Great team effort! You want your captain to step up, and he did. Both Tierney and Zadorov were beasts.
The depleted defence deserves credit--I'm giving them the 'third star'. Well, it helps when Zadorov is playing 35-40 minutes a game.
Mermis doesn't look to be too injured (knock on wood). He returned after being helped off the ice.

My guess is that was the Storm's most lopsided defeat on home ice all season.

Knights outscoring the Storm in this series 11-8.

It's going to be noisy at the Bud on Tuesday night.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Game 3 will be how everyone expected it to be, home I've now and the fans will be boughten to life on Tuesday

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
How was Bo game despite he only got 1 point today

Average. Something looks off with his game.

Credit to Dale and the whole staff. Aborting the trap in the final 15 was a crucial move. Marked improvement in defensive coverage.

Major credit to Patterson again -- clearly the top goalie tonight.

I wonder if it's the coaching staff or the players just say "screw this"? 4-2 game with a Guelph powerplay and London had little to show for since Mancina came in and then Zadorov turns them loose with a SHG. London was not skating or pressuring Guelph for about 13-17 minutes of the game. The start of the third was very concerning. I was expecting a blown 3 goal lead.

any word on domi? looked like he hurt his shoulder late in the 3rd and I didnt see him on the ice after.

Upper body injury, status is day-to-day. Now that you've brought up Domi, KingKadri, it is important to note he took 2 hits that looked to have injured his shoulder. I was absolutely shocked at how much was let go tonight. Dickinson belts Domi from behind in the 2nd period and no call? Sure enough, Domi gets called after Fabbri leaps into the boards next period. Another example of why I preach to keep diving if you're London. Pretty flabergasted that people believe there is an officiating advantage for London. How many times do Patterson and Stolarz have to get clocked this year before a referee makes a goaltender interference call? Where are the pretzel throwers calling for a ban for Kosmachuk's hit on Marner? Now if Domi or Rupert did that...

Enough of that. London showed lots of character in both games in Guelph and you could make the case that they should be up 2-0. The games have been sort of fire drill like but London is missing two overage, top 4 D and still outscoring Guelph 11-8 (11-7 with no empty net). Mermis is a warrior and Patterson is doing great thus far. Two key players in these games. Just no more injures FFS.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Interesting that goalie Mike Latorella (7th round pick in Saturday's draft from Honeybaked) already has on his twitter bio "proud member of the London Knights"

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
It's going to be difficult as to who will he on the roster next year, my guess is one of the goalies, Gleason, Jones (He's Reporting) and A battle between Rymsha, Henderson and Nother for that final spot.

The next 3 years after this could be promising, that of course is if Werenski, Tkachuk report aswell

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
London gave Nichols confidence a good shot.

He's to hoping Mermis and Domi aren't seriously hurt. Everything comes in threes and we've had ours already unless it gets doubled.

Someone in this thread needs to get their head checked out for leaks. Would rather a 21 year risk his life to play in a playoff game the get better and be able to play a long and successful career in the NHL....:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
RE: OHL Draft

Knights picked a couple of American kids in the later rounds, James Sanchez (F), and D. Melaragni (D). Sanchez, a 6'2" forward with the Chicago Mission has only a verbal commitment to the U. of Michigan. Melaragni, I believe, has committed to Northeastern.
I wonder if the Hunters will try to persuade them to re-think their college commitments.

fanofdo

Oct 31, 2009
RE: OHL Draft

Knights picked a couple of American kids in the later rounds, James Sanchez (F), and D. Melaragni (D). Sanchez, a 6'2" forward with the Chicago Mission has only a verbal commitment to the U. of Michigan. Melaragni, I believe, has committed to Northeastern.
I wonder if the Hunters will try to persuade them to re-think their college commitments.

Whoa! Don't overwork the thought process here. Why the heck else would he draft them?

I guarantee he has either already spoke to them or their representatives.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Tierney has been outstanding all season. High hockey I.Q., very patient with the puck, excellent playmaker, and perhaps most surprising of all, his goal totals.

I've only seen him play one time, but he reminded me of Patrice Bergeron. Now, I know that's a super high standard, but are the games at least similar? Good at everything?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
A lot of players stepped up and made plays yesterday.
Lines started to get juggled a bit to offset last change.
Dale made some good choices.

The special teams fortune flipped and so did the winner.
The knights have really played well since that terrible first period, but it's one-one.

C'mon Tuesday. Guelph will come out flying IMO, just gotta match the effort.

Hopefully Domi and Mermis are good to go.
If not, next man up.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Whoa! Don't overwork the thought process here. Why the heck else would he draft them?

I guarantee he has either already spoke to them or their representatives.

There's obviously no expectation that all 15 (or so) players drafted in any given year will play with the team. In the case of Sanchez and Melaragni, the eagerness (of the Hunters) to pursue them could very well depend on a few factors. E.g. Does the higher end talent report, Jones, Werenski, etc...? Are Sanchez and Melaragni projected to be high end players in the OHL? I think every team drafts players in the late rounds without expecting them to make the team.

fanofdo

Oct 31, 2009
There's obviously no expectation that all 15 (or so) players drafted in any given year will play with the team. In the case of Sanchez and Melaragni, the eagerness (of the Hunters) to pursue them could very well depend on a few factors. E.g. Does the higher end talent report, Jones, Werenski, etc...? Are Sanchez and Melaragni projected to be high end players in the OHL? I think every team drafts players in the late rounds without expecting them to make the team.

I agree that there isn't an expectation for all to show - the door is at least partially open. When players have pro skills NHL teams often want them to go the OHL route to hone their game. (Reid Boucher to name one).

I for one believe that London is in the position to take more chances due to their ability to develop players - not only is their record great on those with talent, but they have shown they can develop undrafted / low round picks into very good players.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
He'll be in a Knights uniform for the 2014-2015 season. My prediction.

I wonder if all 3 Honeybaked draftees report to the Knights next season? Maybe bring Latorella in to backup whoever the starter may be and have Vella play in Jr. B or C or Tier 2?
Nother is another guy I'm intrigued to see if they can get here. A Canadian kid already committed to NCAA at 15?

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
I wonder if all 3 Honeybaked draftees report to the Knights next season? Maybe bring Latorella in to backup whoever the starter may be and have Vella play in Jr. B or C or Tier 2?
Nother is another guy I'm intrigued to see if they can get here. A Canadian kid already committed to NCAA at 15?

Most likely scenario in net, IMO, given Latorella's twitter, his track record against high competition and the need to poach the Honeybaked trio.

Vella plays JrB to get enough reps to get groomed for the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad