*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I know I mentioned it last yr that I felt the Knights had an excellent draft and will reap the benefits more once Werenski,Tkachuk show up to go along with Marner,Defrias,Kreis and Jamieson
This years draft is no different, great pickups in Jones,Gleason,Vella,Henderson,etc a nice combination of size,skill and snarl
With 19 selections,shrewd to pick 3 goalies,added some D to the stable,2015/16 could be interesting with a lineup consisting of Marner,Dvorak,Macdonald,Yakimowicz,Tkzachuk,Werenski,Jones,Gleason,Vella,Jamieson,
Defrias Henderson and others including a couple of Euros

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Hockeygod,

I like our draft, and I like Max Jones. I'll confess to being a little frazzled at the possibility/probability Jones might not be here for '15-'16. Sure, he'll likely defect for '16-'17, but Marner could damn well make the NHL at that point.

I think we're set on D if Werenski reports -- Werenski, DeFarias, Gleason, Kreis, Jamieson, etc.

The 3rd line should be damn strong -- Henderson, Yakimowicz, MacDonald. Ditto the 4th line -- Seguin, Elie, Grzelewski.

Vella's statline overwhelms me -- I'm impressed. We'll find a quality BUG with one of our GK picks the past 12 months.

The defensive core, goalkeeping and offensive supporting cast project to be adequate enough to contend for the 2016 Memorial Cup - which I've preached for 6 months.

My concern relates to the quantity of offensive gamebreakers. I count 3 without Jones, 4 with Jones. I'd like 6. Too bad your Spits swiped Keller.

Hitting on our import draft, next year's 1st Rounder (and exchanging one returnee if only 1 of the Big Three return?) seem to be our only avenues to obtain those offensive gamebreakers. If Jones doesn't report, we'll have to bat 3-for-3.

Still 16 months.

2 great drafts in a row though, assuming Jones reports before Marner's NHL bound. Knights proving the 2012 draft was an anomaly.

Last edited:

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Gemel Smith continues to impress against top competition. Really like the add.

% of Gemel's point production vs OHL's Top-10
20-28-48 | 38 GP 1.26 PPG | 48 of 84 PTS 57.1%

% of Gemel's point production vs OHL's Bottom-10
19-17-36 | 36 GP 1.00 PPG | 36 of 84 PTS 42.9%

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Hockeygod,

I like our draft, and I like Max Jones. I'll confess to being a little frazzled at the possibility/probability Jones might not be here for '15-'16. Sure, he'll likely defect for '16-'17, but Marner could damn well make the NHL at that point.

I think we're set on D if Werenski reports -- Werenski, DeFarias, Gleason, Kreis, Jamieson, etc.

The 3rd line should be damn strong -- Henderson, Yakimowicz, MacDonald. Ditto the 4th line -- Seguin, Elie, Grzelewski.

Vella's statline overwhelms me -- I'm impressed. We'll find a quality BUG with one of our GK picks the past 12 months.

The defensive core, goalkeeping and offensive supporting cast project to be adequate enough to contend for the 2016 Memorial Cup - which I've preached for 6 months.

My concern relates to the quantity of offensive gamebreakers. I count 3 without Jones, 4 with Jones. I'd like 6. Too bad your Spits swiped Keller.

Hitting on our import draft, next year's 1st Rounder (and exchanging one returnee if only 1 of the Big Three return?) seem to be our only avenues to obtain those offensive gamebreakers. If Jones doesn't report, we'll have to bat 3-for-3.

Still 16 months.

2 great drafts in a row though, assuming Jones reports before Marner's NHL bound. Knights proving the 2012 draft was an anomaly.

Rymsha will be here, can't believe he fell all the way to the 5th round. Was one of the most skilled players in the draft and was liked by a lot of scouts,

Out potential roster next year

Forwards

Welychka Horvat Domi

Dvorak Mccarron Marner

Macdonald Yakimowicz Henderson

Elie Rymsha Grzelewski

Defense

Mermis Prapavessis

Gleason Jamieson

DeFarias Krevis

Goalies

Kristofer Carlson

Emanuel Vella

Zadorov to be will be all but with Buffalo, we will see about Domi and Horvat

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Remember to flip Domi/Welychka and Henderson/MacDonald (steer clear of offwings).

If the Ruperts make the AHL (assumed under your scenario), odds are Patterson takes the final O/A slot. Also, Vella's statline exceeds Carlson's, and Vella faces stiffer competition (albeit with a juggernaut in front of him).

Don't sleep on DeFarias either. I'd take DeFarias over any D on that list, save Mermis.

And where's Seguin?

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
I like Seguin's game on the 4th line. Efficient shot blocker, competent in all 3 zones, and is most effective at dropping the gloves out of that group save Yakimowicz.

Seguin doesn't create scoring opportunities, but he's solid along the boards and maintains the cycle well. As long as he minimizes the penalties, Seguin's a + player in our bottom-6 next year.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Remember to flip Domi/Welychka and Henderson/MacDonald (steer clear of offwings).

If the Ruperts make the AHL (assumed under your scenario), odds are Patterson takes the final O/A slot. Also, Vella's statline exceeds Carlson's, and Vella faces stiffer competition (albeit with a juggernaut in front of him).

Don't sleep on DeFarias either. I'd take DeFarias over any D on that list, save Mermis.

And where's Seguin?

I would agree without the Ruperts,Patterson lines up as the last o/a spot
Myself I would rather not spend an o/a spot on a goalie for a young team,try and grab a 19 yr old to go along with Vella
Assuming Horvat makes the NHL,i would prefer the Ruperts x2 plus Mermis,and trade Welly and Patterson

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I like Seguin's game on the 4th line. Efficient shot blocker, competent in all 3 zones, and is most effective at dropping the gloves out of that group save Yakimowicz.

Seguin doesn't create scoring opportunities, but he's solid along the boards and maintains the cycle well. As long as he minimizes the penalties, Seguin's a + player in our bottom-6 next year.

I get what u are saying about Seguin,though it may not be feasible to have a 19 yr old
playing on the 4th with no chance of being an o/a,I would rather have a 17 y or 18 yr old on the 4th line
The Hunters with their propensity for unearthing talent should have no trouble filling Seguin"s spot with a younger whether its thru a free agent signing or a drafted player they feel they can better develop

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I believe they really had to sell Seguin on coming back this year to camp. I was told he figured he had to move on but hunter convinced him to show. I'd expect they keep him around next year.

And I'd be in favour for sure. He impressed me at camp the last couple years. As a depth guy. He'd be a good fit on a young rebuild squad.
Knows his role, isn't an OA, team guy blah blah :)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I believe they really had to sell Seguin on coming back this year to camp. I was told he figured he had to move on but hunter convinced him to show. I'd expect they keep him around next year.

And I'd be in favour for sure. He impressed me at camp the last couple years. As a depth guy. He'd be a good fit on a young rebuild squad.
Knows his role, isn't an OA, team guy blah blah :)

Re Seguin meant that he would not be a potential o/a guy for 15/16,I know he is only a 95 born

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
What do other people think??? Would live to see how others would predict next years roster, once the import draft is complete we will have a better idea

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I would agree without the Ruperts,Patterson lines up as the last o/a spot
Myself I would rather not spend an o/a spot on a goalie for a young team,try and grab a 19 yr old to go along with Vella
Assuming Horvat makes the NHL,i would prefer the Ruperts x2 plus Mermis,and trade Welly and Patterson

I'm shocked, yes shocked to say I agree with you! :laugh:
Best case would be to have the Ruperts back with Mermis as OA's. Giving them a possible top 6 of Rupert, Rupert, Domi, Horvat, McCarron and Marner. Pretty solid. Horvat I don't see making the Canucks unless they go total rebuild. Dvorak, OMac and Yak on the 3rd line. 4th could be Seguin with any of Elie, Henderson, Griz or even Noah Jordan from last years draft.
As for Welychka, he will be a highly sought after OA, and I'd hate to see him go. I wonder if Plymouth might be interested since their only returning 94 will be Curcuruto. In return, the Knights in need of experienced D could acquire Mitch Jones, who would be an OA option himself the following year when the Knights will be short on returning 95's. And of course, another reason to get Max here early so they can play together.
Nother is another guy I'd like to see in a Knights uni. Hopefully his ties to Kreiss and the other Halton draftees might be enticing. Don't know if we'll see Prapavassis show up, but he'd be a big help.
Most of this might be a pipe dream, but one can always do that can't they? ;)

Edit: I forgot the Knights could add one or two imports as well. I imagine they'll target DMen again

Kobe1468

Jan 1, 2014
Mossley, On
Was thinking the same thing about adding Mitch!

Thinking Max will come sooner than later. His bro only has two more years, and I'm sure he wants to go head to head with his best buddy Sean Day.

Pretty good day for the Knights...let's hope it continues Sunday night!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Re Seguin meant that he would not be a potential o/a guy for 15/16,I know he is only a 95 born

Sorry HL , I wasn't responding to you, just like the kids game and what he sacrificed to be a 4th line fill in this year.

Definitely agree with others, I'd love to see Rupert's n Mermis take the OA spots.
And only because I think Wely grabs you a good return (for an OA) and you keep the twins together (can't trade one of the two if they return and we need Mermis so the hands are tied)
I've always appreciated Welys game and desire.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I'm shocked, yes shocked to say I agree with you! :laugh:
Best case would be to have the Ruperts back with Mermis as OA's. Giving them a possible top 6 of Rupert, Rupert, Domi, Horvat, McCarron and Marner. Pretty solid. Horvat I don't see making the Canucks unless they go total rebuild. Dvorak, OMac and Yak on the 3rd line. 4th could be Seguin with any of Elie, Henderson, Griz or even Noah Jordan from last years draft.
As for Welychka, he will be a highly sought after OA, and I'd hate to see him go. I wonder if Plymouth might be interested since their only returning 94 will be Curcuruto. In return, the Knights in need of experienced D could acquire Mitch Jones, who would be an OA option himself the following year when the Knights will be short on returning 95's. And of course, another reason to get Max here early so they can play together.
Nother is another guy I'd like to see in a Knights uni. Hopefully his ties to Kreiss and the other Halton draftees might be enticing. Don't know if we'll see Prapavassis show up, but he'd be a big help.
Most of this might be a pipe dream, but one can always do that can't they? ;)

Edit: I forgot the Knights could add one or two imports as well. I imagine they'll target DMen again

You are not the only one who is shocked lol ,u make a good pt about Jones brother in Plymouth,now Im agreeing with you,though the Whalers may not want to give him up as he is making real steady improvement,all the other stuff u mentioned is fairly solid too

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Sorry HL , I wasn't responding to you, just like the kids game and what he sacrificed to be a 4th line fill in this year.

Definitely agree with others, I'd love to see Rupert's n Mermis take the OA spots.
And only because I think Wely grabs you a good return (for an OA) and you keep the twins together (can't trade one of the two if they return and we need Mermis so the hands are tied)
I've always appreciated Welys game and desire.

Oh,sorry about that,its all good
I like wellys game too,would not mind him in Windsor if Vail does not return

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Have to say I really am starting to agree with you guys here. This is potentially our best case scenario until the import draft. Assuming Horvat comes back which would be awesome, all go with this now looking at everyones analysis

M Rupert R Rupert Domi

Dvorak Mccarron Marner

Macdonald Yakimovicz Grzelewski

Seguin Elie Henderson

Mermis De Farias

Gleason Jamieson

Krevis Sother

Vella

At this point I have to think Sother will report, huge defenseman the Knights could use, its either him or Rymsha to me who take the 4th and final 16 year old spot on the roster

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Re - the import: I'd prefer the picks not to be used on a DMan. If the objective of that pick is for '16, try to obtain a gamebreaking forward as the '16 team should be strong in net, on D & in the bottom-6. Need insurance up front if Jones doesn't fork $50k.

EDIT: Correction made.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Re - the import: I'd prefer the picks not to be used on a DMan. If the objective of that pick is for '15, pick a goalie if you deem the return of 3 of Ruperts/Welychka/Mermis probable. If the objective of that pick is for '16, try to obtain a gamebreaking forward as the '16 team should be strong in net, on D & in the bottom-6. Need insurance up front if Jones doesn't fork $50k.

Hopefully that game breaking forward you are seeking can be a 1997 birth, that would be absolutely incredible to have under control for 3 years with star potential, but I wouldn't be opposed to a 1996 player either since we would have that player under control for 2 years and especially for that 2015/2016 team

Last edited:

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Hopefully that game breaking forward you are seeking can be a 1997 birth, that would be absolutely incredible to have under control for 3 years with star potential, but I wouldn't be opposed to a 1996 player wither since we would have that player under control for 2 years and especially for that 2015/2016 team

Agreed. Can't waste a franchise player's (Marner's) career. Maximize it for a crown.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not sure your the only one in that boat 77.

Having said that, I think Bo works his A$$ off post season and heads to Canucks camp ready to earn a spot.
I'll guess he moves on, against some popular opinion.
He wants to move on and that's his motivation ( what kid wouldn't)

I'll guess he doesn't want a green n gold uni next year. I'll leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad