*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Big game tonight and all is quiet.

Hopefully it's not over 15 min in like last game ;)
I do expect a better Knights effort.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I wouldn't be surprised to see a battle tonight. Both teams looking to send a message.

Hopefully the likes of Anderson, Rupert's, Yak, Bell n Zad play a mean, pissed off game :)

Hopefully it's a great game.

Now just gotta figure out how to get a few hrs off work to watch the livestream ;)

Colin Mcdavis*

LOL you aren't kidding. It only is broadcast locally, but still it is all 1984!!:yo:
Can't wait to hop in the time machine this evening for the trek all the way back to 1984 with Erie's production team. Only for $7 to boot? Bargain!

Well that was 7 bucks well spent.;)

London looked like 2 completely different teams 1st period vs the final 40. I felt they controlled the play in the last 2 frames. Jake is painful to watch as a former goaltender. Yes he got the win...but wow. Domi stapled to the bench after a selfish penalty in the 2nd....wait...has he taken an unselfish penalty in a Knights uniform? Main reason he'll be back next season...until he "gets it" he's not making the next step IMO.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Well that was 7 bucks well spent.;)

London looked like 2 completely different teams 1st period vs the final 40. I felt they controlled the play in the last 2 frames. Jake is painful to watch as a former goaltender. Yes he got the win...but wow. Domi stapled to the bench after a selfish penalty in the 2nd....wait...has he taken an unselfish penalty in a Knights uniform? Main reason he'll be back next season...until he "gets it" he's not making the next step IMO.

I looked at the game sheet and saw he took that penalty and I couldn't come up with anything other then selfish penalty. Glad to hear Dale sat him down.

Big win for London. Give's them a different frame of mind going forward when facing Erie especially in Eries barn.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Domi got stood up at the blueline and felt he was cross checked. The D turned to get back into the play and Domi gave him a shot in the back. That cant happen in the POs. But those things do happen, almost once a game 9by someone- not just Domi). Just gotta clean it up for the POs- everyone does.
It was nice to see him sat for a while, and the Knights have been sitting guys for these type penalties lately. Even the top guys. Including Domi a couple times
He did come back to assist on the GW by Tierney.
Mermis played well
Bell (?) slide right by Burakovsky allowing him a point blank chance, and the subsequent rebound. He musta had 5 secs alone in front of JAke
McNextOne blew by a surprised flat footed Austing to score a beauty. Cmon guys weve seen him do this before. You know he can fly.

5 unansewerd goals on the road to win, nice

Burakovsky and McDavid are dangerous together.

Nice rebound the last two periods by the Knights. I think they had more/ better chances after the first including 2/3 posts.

All in all good job by London.

Livestream audio disappeared for most of the first and feed was a bit choppy, but Im glad I spent the 7 bucks

Domi got stood up at the blueline and felt he was cross checked. The D turned to get back into the play and Domi gave him a shot in the back. That cant happen in the POs. But those things do happen, almost once a game 9by someone- not just Domi). Just gotta clean it up for the POs- everyone does.
It was nice to see him sat for a while, and the Knights have been sitting guys for these type penalties lately. Even the top guys. Including Domi a couple times
I have no problem with a player making the opposition accountable if they feel they've been slighted. What I do have a problem with is repeatedly doing the same thing. The cross check up high is beyond old. I'd rather see him skate to the player and tap him and drop the mitts. No you don't want to see a player of Domi's caliber dropping the mitts..but he would earn a boatload of respect if he did it a couple of times. Teams ride him because they know they can goad him into stupid penalties. That aspect of his game needs a direct overhaul if he is to succeed at the next level.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Thanks for the recap, gentlemen.

Attendance only shows 3672? Wednesday night game? Big highschool ping-pong tournament in Erie that would outdraw junior hockey? :)

Dane Fox -1. Not the way that he wanted to respond to being scratched in the previous game.

Have we been seeing Williams in net because of Dansk's earlier struggles against the Knights?

I noticed the shots were low, and that's likely the style of game that Hunter wanted. A prelude to playoff hockey.

Big win on the road against a formidable opponent...I'll take the two points.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Mermis played well
Bell (?) slide right by Burakovsky allowing him a point blank chance, and the subsequent rebound. He musta had 5 secs alone in front of JAke
McNextOne blew by a surprised flat footed Austing to score a beauty. Cmon guys weve seen him do this before. You know he can fly.

5 unansewerd goals on the road to win, nice

Burakovsky and McDavid are dangerous together.

Nice rebound the last two periods by the Knights. I think they had more/ better chances after the first including 2/3 posts.

All in all good job by London.

Livestream audio disappeared for most of the first and feed was a bit choppy, but Im glad I spent the 7 bucks

Domi does that a lot, though...he takes exception to someone doing something and responds by doing something stupid.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I have no problem with a player making the opposition accountable if they feel they've been slighted. What I do have a problem with is repeatedly doing the same thing. The cross check up high is beyond old. I'd rather see him skate to the player and tap him and drop the mitts. No you don't want to see a player of Domi's caliber dropping the mitts..but he would earn a boatload of respect if he did it a couple of times. Teams ride him because they know they can goad him into stupid penalties. That aspect of his game needs a direct overhaul if he is to succeed at the next level.

Like you I don't mind a guy taking the odd retaliatory shot and I agree it's a bit old with Domi. As long as he's smart about it come crunch time, ya almost gotta live with it. ( esp since we see Dale will punish the selfish behaviour)
He has dropped em twice this year, once to defend a teammate and once on his own. Yes I was pleasantly shocked lol.
But I wouldn't have recommended him goin after Pelech (?)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Domi does that a lot, though...he takes exception to someone doing something and responds by doing something stupid.

I don't disagree it happens often.

Like most scorers he receives the "extra" attention. And doesn't always react the right way.

Still better off with him than without.

Note: this is not a personal endorsement of his selfish penalties :)
Nor is he one of my fav Knights

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Like most scorers he receives the "extra" attention. And doesn't always react the right way.

Good points, ares.

That's the trade off with Domi. You get an exceptionally gifted player, but one who will take, on occasion, stupid penalties (mostly retaliatory). I prefer it when he uses his stick to score goals rather than to crosscheck an opponent in the face. However frustrating, I can live with his indiscretions--a simple cost/benefit analysis.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

...the problem is it just encourages people to keep at him, knowing he'll do something stupid.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
He does make it easy at times, to say the least.
Well, hopefully it's all a set up and he'll turn the other cheek and draw a few penalties in the post season ;) As they try and get him going.
Not holding my breath thou.

Knight444

Apr 17, 2007
Finally, a shootout win! They dominated the Attack for the most part. If it weren't for a couple typical Jake goals in the second, the game shouldn't have been close.

I thought Basso had an excellent game. McCarron continues to improve, looking much more poised with the puck than he did even a month ago. Fourth line combines nice mix of skill and checking ability with Marner playing there - a beauty pass from OMac to Marner on the Knights' second goal tonight.

What am I missing where Flinn is concerned? He's not even ranked among the top 20 North American goaltenders for the NHL Draft this year as far as I can tell. Kid is 6'7, moves well in the net, always seems square to the puck. What a performance for him tonight on national television - 52 saves and pretty much stole a point for the Attack. He looks like a steal for someone this June.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
After OT, Mrs. Nelli turned to me and said "Can they put Stolarz in for the shootout?" Even she knows that the Knights are winning in spite of their goaltending. Patterson's save percentage for the month of February is .865 which is not impressive by anyone's standards. Tonight he let in 3 goals on 20 shots (I believe) while his counterpart Jack "IN LIKE" Flinn turned aside 53 of 56 shots (I think). Flinn, I thought, played very well and at other times, he had a horseshoe placed up his...well, let's just say the horseshoe wasn't in the same location as the one on the Barrie Colts' jersey.
So, mathematicians, tell me which goalie had the higher save percentage ce soir?
It's a good thing I'd rather have the 2 points.

Bell was named the game's third star, and provided some comic relief when he skated out to acknowledge the crowd. Hilarious!

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Bell was named the game's third star, and provided some comic relief when he skated out to acknowledge the crowd. Hilarious!

It was funny, but his play was an even bigger joke. Was Pete James picking the stars again tonight?

What am I missing where Flinn is concerned? He's not even ranked among the top 20 North American goaltenders for the NHL Draft this year as far as I can tell. Kid is 6'7, moves well in the net, always seems square to the puck. What a performance for him tonight on national television - 52 saves and pretty much stole a point for the Attack. He looks like a steal for someone this June.
Likely his 1st good game of the season. He's really not a good goaltender. If he was he wouldn't have been waived through the Q. I think he has 2 career wins.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
If London's D eliminated the same mistakes they make over and over they wouldn't need to worry about Patterson play on most nights. His play hasn't be good but the same mistakes are leading to quality chances.

- trying to force passes up the middle
- poor defensive coverage
- turnovers at the opposition blueline

All those are becoming common themes to goals. They should really go back to basis novice D... one D man in the corners and one covering the front of the net.

Ruperts played well last night. I think everybody got a shift with them.

Pretty poor planning on the 4 on 3 PP in the 3rd. Trying to set up a play below the dots is low percentage. There is maybe 3 guys in hockey that score from there consistently. We don't have one of the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad