*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirom

May 17, 2010
One thing I will say I won't blame Stolarz on the Rattie toe drag. Lay all the blame on Tierney. From the give away to the back check that led to bumping into Stolarz and taking him away from his initial position leaving him to scramble.

Rolling 4 lines got them to where they are. Right now they need to continue it.

Sefton out is bonus and much needed. Liberati can help give some guys a break with the odd PP shift. Ferry hasn't played well in these playoffs up front and having him back on D leads to a few more shifts for the top 4 to rest.

You have blamed him since he got to London and that is why you are behind a computer and not involved in the game and same goes fro your views on griffith. At this stage teams are going to hit rough patches and players will have shifts that are ones they want to have back. However SJ and Boston see something you don't and never will and that is why you are posting from "Gaspe or London" and not working in hockey!

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
You have blamed him since he got to London and that is why you are behind a computer and not involved in the game and same goes fro your views on griffith. At this stage teams are going to hit rough patches and players will have shifts that are ones they want to have back. However SJ and Boston see something you don't and never will and that is why you are posting from "Gaspe or London" and not working in hockey!

Actually if you've paid attention I've given a lot of credit to Tierney this year and last year for his play. I'm not the only on this board that is seeing Griffith the same way. The best thing for Griffith next year is moving on from the Knights. The kid needs a coach not a buddy behind the bench. Someone that will hold him accountable. One more year in London doesn't improve his game. I know a few things he was told to work on this year and unfortunately I haven't' seen those things since the beginning of the season.

As for working in hockey how do you know I don't??? It also easy to make those comments from behind a computer... I'll let think what you wrote is true and we'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Zero passion, zero desire. I saw nothing good from the Knights. The goaltending has to be better....much better at this point. But it isn't all their fault, missed assignments, lazy stick checks, and wow I have yet to see a worse power play. They are so wrapped up in watching their lovely pass instead of looking to make the next move. It is so predictable. When was the last time you saw a Knights powerplay goal where 3 or more passes were made in 2-3 seconds and tic-tac-toe it was a goal? I hate, despise, loath the powerplay. I cringe when the other team takes a penalty because it just means more frustration for us.
Portland had the gameplan of hitting and frustrating Halifax...why didn't we play the same approach? The gameplan was seriously to play the trap or run and gun with that talent? WTF? :facepalm: Scrap it out, lay some hits, take a charging penalty, stick em, make his *** head bleed!
Not trading for a Trochek and other upgrades this year - epic fail.
Let me tell you something, the idea behind that was to keep the cupboards full for next year....well if we don't make two or three massive blockbuster deals where we trade all we have stocked away for McDavid, Day (ok, im exagerating but really good players) then this year of standing pat will be for wasted...and I for one will be very disappointed in the Hunters.
As they say, 'theres always next year' :shakehead
We might win the tiebreaker (with what goalie!?!?!) but no way do we beat Portland or Halifax. We need a miracle.
Start Trevor Wheaton in net!!!! ;)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Zero passion, zero desire. I saw nothing good from the Knights. The goaltending has to be better....much better at this point. But it isn't all their fault, missed assignments, lazy stick checks, and wow I have yet to see a worse power play. They are so wrapped up in watching their lovely pass instead of looking to make the next move. It is so predictable. When was the last time you saw a Knights powerplay goal where 3 or more passes were made in 2-3 seconds and tic-tac-toe it was a goal? I hate, despise, loath the powerplay. I cringe when the other team takes a penalty because it just means more frustration for us.
Portland had the gameplan of hitting and frustrating Halifax...why didn't we play the same approach? The gameplan was seriously to play the trap or run and gun with that talent? WTF? :facepalm: Scrap it out, lay some hits, take a charging penalty, stick em, make his *** head bleed!
Let me tell you something, the idea behind that was to keep the cupboards full for next year....well if we don't make two or three massive blockbuster deals where we trade all we have stocked away for McDavid, Day (ok, im exagerating but really good players) then this year of standing pat will be for wasted...and I for one will be very disappointed in the Hunters.
We might win the tiebreaker (with what goalie!?!?!) but no way do we beat Portland or Halifax. We need a miracle.

You do realize we won the OHL title, right? The year was a success, and no amount of failure in this 1-week tournament will change that.

I still think London can do this thing.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010

Domi also needs to be better. Sick pass aside, he's -8 in his last 2 games.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

One of the worst post I have read. The Knights on paper next year are crazy good. Of course the Hunters aren't going to trade away any assets for next year knowing that they are going to be hosts for the Memorial Cup. And don't worry, at next season's trade deadline, they will be making every deal possible to make sure they have the best team in the CHL to win the Memorial Cup at home.

As @Snippit said, they won the OHL Title, that is a pretty good accomplishment.

massey

Sep 5, 2012

Not the most intelligent post I have read.Head Blood:help:How quick the fans turn.Yes the goalies wasnt the greatest along with some other players but give Halifax some credit.They are the best team in the CHL this year.Knights have done well even if they are done thursday.Disappointed in the Hunters!! They took a good team and made them a great team with some players who were only average players at best.Love the armchair coach and GM.Give me a break

maldo

Feb 21, 2012
One of the worst post I have read. The Knights on paper next year are crazy good. Of course the Hunters aren't going to trade away any assets for next year knowing that they are going to be hosts for the Memorial Cup. And don't worry, at next season's trade deadline, they will be making every deal possible to make sure they have the best team in the CHL to win the Memorial Cup at home.

Must be nice to ignore the 2013-14 season and just sit back and customize a team to enter the Memorial cup ,sleep in your own beds,play in front of 10000 screaming home fans....thats real parity !!!...should change the format !!!

poisonivy

05, 12, 13 Champs
May 18, 2013
For London to win the Memorial Cup this year, they will have to beat Halifax, Portland, and Saskatoon in 4 nights. Pretty unlikely, but there's a chance.

On the bright side, they shouldn't have expended too much energy the last two nights.:laugh:

For the posters talking about Bailie, come on. Bailie was an OA waived through the entire CHL. 60 teams did not want Bailie as their goalie. You honestly think London's position would be different if he was in goal? You might be right, Plymouth probably smokes London with him in net.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Good news- were not eliminated :laugh::laugh:

Bad news- the entire game last night.

Full credit to Halifax who came out with a compete and desire to lay it on the Knights and they did, big time.

Knights were outta position often (attacking the wrong side of the puck, losing races to pucks, losing battles, not making a big save, soft passes to no where, Lack of any D zone coverage or balance.

Do the Hunters even look at the tape? Lots of coachable moments to say the least. Too many to review and go over before the tie break lol.

Hopefully they are good and pissed with that performance and can use that emotion properly in the tie break and moving forward. If not, itll congrats on a very good season.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

I never said they wont be good next year. My reference was to the Hunters standing pat at this years deadline, THAT was the epic fail. We are missing some components to win it all this year. You happy with the OHL title? Good for you. I expected more, and I am sure others did too. You need to reread in what context this was said in.

Not the most intelligent post I have read.Head Blood:help:How quick the fans turn.Yes the goalies wasnt the greatest along with some other players but give Halifax some credit.They are the best team in the CHL this year.Knights have done well even if they are done thursday.Disappointed in the Hunters!! They took a good team and made them a great team with some players who were only average players at best.Love the armchair coach and GM.Give me a break

Did you even watch the game last night? My comments are only directed at last nights game. Halifax certainly deserves credit, but nobody should be blown out 9-2 in a memorial cup game. Read what the players said about it. They are embarrassed.
The disappointment comes from them not making any trades at the deadline, not what they have done with the organization.
Maybe you should use your intelligence and re-read the 'worst post' again. Must be nice to wear the rosey coloured glasses you have, but for everyone else that Knights team last night was bad....and they could have benefited from a Trochek etc. That was the point being made.
Here, this will make you feel better:
Go Knights go, I still love you guys...you guys are awesome, and things will be fine...yay! :help:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If the rumor is true, the Knights may get a "big" addition to the squad come fall. Not an FA. Cant find anything yet, any1 else hearing anything?
It would have had to be discussed prior to this week as Id figure Marks a litttle busy, and he did mention in a PO interview they were working on him......

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
If the rumor is true, the Knights may get a "big" addition to the squad come fall. Not an FA. Cant find anything yet, any1 else hearing anything?
It would have had to be discussed prior to this week as Id figure Marks a litttle busy, and he did mention in a PO interview they were working on him......
Ive heard that too. Love to have him aboard considering we may lose domi or horvat to a junk nhl team, griffith/broadhurst to ahl...knights could get hit with losses so this would help. What they are on paper for next year means nothing until next year.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Ive heard that too. Love to have him aboard considering we may lose domi or horvat to a junk nhl team, griffith/broadhurst to ahl...knights could get hit with losses so this would help. What they are on paper for next year means nothing until next year.

If true McCarron would be a big addition no doubt,I do think London gets Broadhurst
back for an O/A year,also think Griffith will move on,some goals to replace there,and I do think Bo Horvat will be in the NHL next yr,a crushing loss to the Knights,whereas
Domi and Zadorov will return although I full expect both to make the NHL the following
season at age 19,much like when the Spits lost Hall and Fowler following the Mem Cup
wins

For 12 games, these is absolutely crazy prices.:help:

for a point of reference. My Mooseheads season ticket cost me $400 for 36 games + Top Prospects.

guaranteed 8 games..possible 9 if there is a tie breaker

66.70/ game if there is a tiebreaker
75/game with no tiebreaker

my season seats?...for 2 seats..early bird pricing..34 home games + exhibition
1120 bucks

am I gonna pay the 600 per seat?

you betcha..all things considered..i'd pay more than that in travel alone if I went this week to saskatoon.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
guaranteed 8 games..possible 9 if there is a tie breaker

66.70/ game if there is a tiebreaker
75/game with no tiebreaker

my season seats?...for 2 seats..early bird pricing..34 home games + exhibition
1120 bucks

am I gonna pay the 600 per seat?

you betcha..all things considered..i'd pay more than that in travel alone if I went this week to saskatoon.

I'd say for your average person (like me) as much as I would have loved to go to all the games, I could not afford those prices.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
For 12 games, these is absolutely crazy prices.:help:

for a point of reference. My Mooseheads season ticket cost me $400 for 36 games + Top Prospects.

Nice to hear from ya Libbs and congrats on last night! Musta been a fun team to watch all year, but well get em back In The finals lol

We're just around 550 I think for seasons. At least that's close I never check as I'm getting em regardless ( barring a huge mark up) I ended up giving almost half away this year due to other hockey stuff but I'd hate to give up my seat permanently.
Did score mine and 2 others for the Cup next year, so if Halifax makes it u can have a game on me.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Nice to hear from ya Libbs and congrats on last night! Musta been a fun team to watch all year, but well get em back In The finals lol

We're just around 550 I think for seasons. At least that's close I never check as I'm getting em regardless ( barring a huge mark up) I ended up giving almost half away this year due to other hockey stuff but I'd hate to give up my seat permanently.
Did score mine and 2 others for the Cup next year, so if Halifax makes it u can have a game on me.

Sure was one heck of a season!

I'll just leave this right here! :naughty:

WhalerBlue

Feb 27, 2013
Detroit
For London to win the Memorial Cup this year, they will have to beat Halifax, Portland, and Saskatoon in 4 nights. Pretty unlikely, but there's a chance.

On the bright side, they shouldn't have expended too much energy the last two nights.:laugh:

For the posters talking about Bailie, come on. Bailie was an OA waived through the entire CHL. 60 teams did not want Bailie as their goalie. You honestly think London's position would be different if he was in goal? You might be right, Plymouth probably smokes London with him in net.

If any team can win against all three teams in 4 days, it is London. I can think of several sticky situations over the years and more times than not, London is able to pull rabbits out of their hats. Should be some good hockey to see. Don't sell these guys short. They can do it, they only have to convince themselves they can and that is where it starts. I am putting my money on the Knights.

I'd say for your average person (like me) as much as I would have loved to go to all the games, I could not afford those prices.
By comparison...in 2005 ticket packages were $296 + facility fees and applicable taxes at the time..I believe they topped out around $320 all in. So double in 9 years.

Prices for Saskatoon..remember there is a lot of low priced seating in the upper bowl. Figure the Blues and Whites would = the JLC(Bud)

- Price 1 (Clubseat/White) - $595.00

- Price 2 (Blue) - $495.00

- Price 3 (Light Purple) - $395.00

- Price 4 - (Green) $295.00

- Price 5 - (Yellow) $195.00

- Price 6 - (Dark Purple) $95.00

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Im not one to usually advocate for violence against goalies but I would love if somebody ran Carruth (portlands goalie) right through the end boards. Why does this guy think he is so tough!? Not too many tough tenders out there as far as chucking knuckles. Ray Emery (he trained in boxing), Dan Ryder (played in the OHL years ago then in the minors), Hextall was tough (minus getting tuned by Potvin lol).
Ah well, he keeps acting tough and somebody will set em straight one day.
From personal experience, its hard to throw punches in all that gear!

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
Prices for Saskatoon..remember there is a lot of low priced seating in the upper bowl. Figure the Blues and Whites would = the JLC(Bud)

I'm not sure that's accurate. I believe a large portion of the seating disparity between the two rinks is that the JLC doesn't have as many seats down at the one end. Also, there are roughly 700 seats per row at the Credit Union Centre, so even if you factor out the one end, you're still talking about 9 rows difference, so you're talking "Yellow" as the comparable on the affordable end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad