NFL: Official Ice Breaker Thread - Whose your fav team?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Iggles

1. Browns
2. Cowboys
3+ Can all go straight to hell

Lived in both cities most all of my life. Lately, I’ve enjoyed Cowboys chaos. The way Jerry runs the team has largely killed my fandom.

Long live Jerruh's health! May he be running the team for another 20 years.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Bucs! Wont ever miss a game no matter how bad we are. Born and raised in Tampa, and won’t ever leave. Support all of our teams, Bolts, Rays, and USF (proud alum).

It’s been very rough the past decade+, and the Winston situation is less than ideal. Think he has super bowl talent, but really wish we would move on from him cause the off field. Nonetheless, I will root for the Bucs until the day I die.

Sidenote: As others have mentioned, I don’t know how some of you support multiple teams. So odd to me.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So you literally bleed orange and navy....but they’re number 2?

Its not as easy to be a bandwagon fan and celebrate their success if they are number 2. Plus its easier to slide the next good team into #1 when the Pats fall off and he wants to bandwagon someone else.

Reactions: New Jersey

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Lions fan

And whats worse is I have no attachment to the city or team so I have suffered for no real reason. I was living overseas and wanted to follow a team but only really had the USA today and NFL standings at that point. I didn't want to bandwagon and chose a top team, as that is obviously a loser thing to do, so I looked for a middle team at that time was choosing between the Lions and Falcons. I guess with ATL I would have at least had two SBs, even though they were loses, and not Caldwell/Patricia/Quinn BS to deal with.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Green Bay.

I've lived 20 minutes from the Meadowlands my entire life and pass through the complex on Route 120 right by MetLife on my daily commute. I already have my tickets for week 16 when the Packers visit the Jets.

I grew up on Madden '05 and '06 and my favorite players were Donald Driver, Bubba Franks, and Ahman Green. There is also a very loose family connection with my dad being an all-sports fan type and him going to Fordham like Vince Lombardi, and that's an aside from Lombardi's connection with the Great State of NJ from his time coaching St. Cecilia's in Englewood. I also have a couple friends from grade school and high school who were also Packers fans, so I was never alone growing up.

I've seen the Packers play in person five times so far. Thrice at MetLife, once at FedEx, and once at the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau, which was everything I dreamt it would be.

I simply never cared for the Giants or Jets. It also helped that my dad never raised me to be a fan of an NFL team. (He watches the Giants every week but he's not a fanatic. The Yankees are the team he lives and dies by and that was the team he raised me to root for that was non-negotiable.) I actually hate the Giants, admittedly because they beat us in the playoffs on the way to their last two titles. The Jets I have apathy toward, don't like 'em, don't hate 'em.

Now, imagine how insufferable I was toward all my friends the day after Rodgers' Hail Mary in the playoffs against the Jints. :naughty: (Beating the Cowboys the next round was also glorious. Anyone local to the NYC Metro knows we have a lot of Cowboys fans around here.)

With the exception of the Packers (and Liverpool FC), I'm a local boy through and through otherwise. Devils, Yankees, and Seton Hall basketball.

Last edited:

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Rams fan since I was old enough to follow football (1999 GSOT). As a St. Louisan, I've stuck with them through the bad times, a move, and now I get to see the fruit of the labor.

Least favorite team is the Patriots, by far.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I am born and raised in Pittsburgh, so I'm a Steelers fan by birth, but now that I'm older I'm more of a general football fan. I'm more interested in who is on my fantasy squad than the Steelers.

member 157595

Rams fan since I was old enough to follow football (1999 GSOT). As a St. Louisan, I've stuck with them through the bad times, a move, and now I get to see the fruit of the labor.

Least favorite team is the Patriots, by far.

Curious, why? I live in Boston and I've never heard a bad word about anything St. Louis related here.

I'm a transplant though, and I grew up in an area where hating the Patriots is a religion.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Packers are number one.

However I'm a big TB12 fan and if Green Bay misses or is out of the playoff's I usually cheer for the Pats to win.

Have a ton of Cowboys fans in my extended family but its more fun to make fun of them than to cheer for them :naughty:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Jets fan. Aside from '09 and '10 it has been a tough road. Hopefully last night is the start of something different.

Moving to Charlotte, NC at the end of the month so will most likely pick up the Panthers as a distant NFC #2 squad.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Curious, why? I live in Boston and I've never heard a bad word about anything St. Louis related here.

I'm a transplant though, and I grew up in an area where hating the Patriots is a religion.

Are you familiar with the 2001 Super Bowl?

The Patriots are absolutely loathed here. Between Spygate and Jerome Boger’s horrendous officiating, yeah the Pats aren’t liked here in STL.

member 157595

Are you familiar with the 2001 Super Bowl?

The Patriots are absolutely loathed here. Between Spygate and Jerome Boger’s horrendous officiating, yeah the Pats aren’t liked here in STL.

I get that, but for one, that's more than 17 years ago. For two, it's not like it destroyed the one and only chance the Rams had at winning a Super Bowl.

I was once a Bengals fan, and I certainly didn't hold a 17+ year grudge against the 49ers after they stabbed child me through the heart in January of 1989. I will remember the moment forever, but I didn't hate SF forever. The real lasting memory is anger at the Bengals for the 90's, not saltiness against the 49ers. My own team took my born-and-raised passion for professional football and raped me nearly to death with it. Since you're a St. Louis native, I'm sure you know that betrayal from your own team is much more painful than anything another team can inflict.

Reactions: Voight

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
Packers are number one.

However I'm a big TB12 fan and if Green Bay misses or is out of the playoff's I usually cheer for the Pats to win.

Have a ton of Cowboys fans in my extended family but its more fun to make fun of them than to cheer for them :naughty:
Are you serious? So you just happen to like the teams with the two best quarterbacks...

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
I saw some bad years pre-Favre.

I like Brady because he is the best QB ever and ever since I saw that first playoff run, I was in as a fan.
I'll just call you a band-wagoner. That's like being a fan of Lebron and also the GSW just because they are the best lmao. Must be nice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad