NFL: Official Ice Breaker Thread - Whose your fav team?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Seattle since birth.
Ok fine, not since birth but since the early 80's when I became old enough to care.

Other than that, the only squad I ever felt an attachment to were the early 90's Bills. So many fantastic players that I just loved to watch.
A colossal crying shame that they didn't win a 'Bowl with those rosters.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
1. Browns
2. Eagles

I originally only rooted for the Browns because they’re a huge underdog, and I was just getting into football. Then I got more into it and started watching the Eagles with my cousin and uncle who are huge birds fans. I watched a handful of Eagles games two years ago, and every single one last year. I love the way Carson Wentz plays. I watched the Super Bowl with my uncle, who I’m pretty close with now, and it was a surreal moment. He just sat there in awe while the rest of us were freaking out. He’s been an Eagles fan his entire life, and now I will be too.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I started watching in 1995.

That was the year that “Captain Comeback” Jim Harbaugh nearly led unheralded Colts team to Super Bowl.

They were #5 seed and beat defending AFC champs Chargers and #1 seed Chiefs on the road.

They had a lead late vs Steelers in, what imo is one of the most underrated playoff games in NFL history, 1995 AFC title game.

Steelers drove 67 yards (aided by dropped int and 4th down conversion) and took the lead with a little over a minute left. Colts then get close enough for a hail marry. The pass lands between 4 Steelers defenders right into the chest of Colts WR Aaron Bailey....

... who drops it. :(

Talk about heart breaking. Anyway, I’ve been a Colts’ fan ever since.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Pats. Drew Bledsoe was my idol growing up. Even had a framed picture of him on my desk when I was a kid :laugh:

Things are definitely different these days. I remember the SB against GB and being one of the few cheering for them because GB was so popular.

Nowadays when I'm cheering for the Pats in the SB I'm still one of the few, but it's for different reasons ;)

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Chargers fan. Went on a family trip to San Diego right around when I was getting into the NFL decided to adopt them as my team. Disappointed they relocated but it doesn't really affect me living in Canada.
Maybe one day they can find their way back to SD.

Not a "fan" of any other team but like seeing the Seahawks and Lions win. Seahawks because I'm from Vancouver and they
are my dad's team. Lions because I loved watching Megatron.

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
Wait, what? And this is the same league that has the Cowboys, Patriots, Packers, and Bears? 49er fans haven't had much to cheer about in about 5 years. How are we cocky?
I know about 3 49ers fans and they are all cocky as shit. I'm just painting y'all with a broad brush. I'm only 50% serious so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Reactions: Voight

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Pats. Drew Bledsoe was my idol growing up. Even had a framed picture of him on my desk when I was a kid :laugh:

Things are definitely different these days. I remember the SB against GB and being one of the few cheering for them because GB was so popular.

Nowadays when I'm cheering for the Pats in the SB I'm still one of the few, but it's for different reasons ;)

Also a Patriots and Drew Bledsoe fan.

I also like following the Browns and Rams.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Eagles fan here. Started following them seriously around the Mcnabb era. Dawkins is my favorite player of all time and probably a good reason why I became a fan of them. I’m from Canada so there’s no hometown team and the CFL sucks

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Washington!

I'm Canadian but have family from just outside Washington so it made logical sense to start cheering for them. Plus I went to a game as a kid and though Santana Moss was the coolest!

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Ravens.

Have teams I like more than others.

Everyone in the AFC North I hate. I think the Dolphins and Raiders are a joke and f*** Bills fans for being so ridiculously cocky about making the playoffs when they scored a total of 3 points while they were there.

member 157595

Ravens.

Have teams I like more than others.

Everyone in the AFC North I hate. I think the Dolphins and Raiders are a joke and **** Bills fans for being so ridiculously cocky about making the playoffs when they scored a total of 3 points while they were there.

I'm not a Bills fan but few fanbases consistently get kicked in the dick like Bills fans do, and many come from an economically depressed, high-tax area with terrible weather. It's not easy for them.

They should be forgiven for being perhaps a bit too over-exuberant.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also to go in a slightly different direction I am a huge Hamilton Ticats fan. Have had season tickets in the family for as long as I can remember. Its a cool generational tradition going to games with my Dad and Gramps.

Reactions: New Jersey

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I've basically only played fantasy football without being a fan of one particular team up until last year. When Jimmy G got traded to the 9ers I decided to be a fan. Ready to have my own team to cheer for, let's f*** up the Vikings Sunday (prob won't happen but dare to dream).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->