NFL: Official Ice Breaker Thread - Whose your fav team?

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I get that, but for one, that's more than 17 years ago. For two, it's not like it destroyed the one and only chance the Rams had at winning a Super Bowl.

I was once a Bengals fan, and I certainly didn't hold a 17+ year grudge against the 49ers after they stabbed child me through the heart in January of 1989. I will remember the moment forever, but I didn't hate SF forever. The real lasting memory is anger at the Bengals for the 90's, not saltiness against the 49ers. My own team took my born-and-raised passion for professional football and raped me nearly to death with it. Since you're a St. Louis native, I'm sure you know that betrayal from your own team is much more painful than anything another team can inflict.

Like Falco Lombardi said, they're loathed here because of that Super Bowl. The GSOT never recovered, and it basically plunged us into the dark ages that lasted until McVay's hiring. So, right or wrong, that's why I can't stand the Patriots.

member 157595

Like Falco Lombardi said, they're loathed here because of that Super Bowl. The GSOT never recovered, and it basically plunged us into the dark ages that lasted until McVay's hiring. So, right or wrong, that's why I can't stand the Patriots.

Fair enough. I'm certainly not a fan of them either; I grew up in Bills/Giants country so no explanation needed.

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Let's bump this thread for the new season...

Cardinals.

I'm married to a long-suffering Cards fan. I've liked a lot of Cardinal QBs over the years (Lomax, Plummer, Warner, Palmer)..

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm married to a long-suffering Cards fan. I've liked a lot of Cardinal QBs over the years (Lomax, Plummer, Warner, Palmer)..
Funny thing is I’m a former Rams fan. Once they left STL I couldn’t support them anymore. Soon after, I moved to Arizona and adopted the Cards as my new team.

So I haven’t suffered very long luckily. :laugh:

But I too was a big fan of Plummer growing up, and of course Warner too given his ties. I was really pulling for them against the Steelers and it stings now that they didn’t win that Super Bowl. Especially for a guy like Fitzgerald, it’s a shame he may not get a ring in his career.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Detroit Lions rule. Their bright future is just ahead of us (repeat this in the unlikely event of disappointment).

Gruß,
BSHH

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
I was really pulling for them against the Steelers and it stings now that they didn’t win that Super Bowl. Especially for a guy like Fitzgerald, it’s a shame he may not get a ring in his career.

Yeah, my opinion, that pick-six Harrison ran back was one of the most unfortunate (& stupidest) plays in Cardinal history. All the missed tackles, allowing a guy that big to outrun & elude an entire team in the biggest game of the season. 100 yards basically along the sideline, & no Card could bump him out. It was a heart breaking play for Arizona.

On a personal, subjective note.. I wanted to see Arizona wear a throwback uniform for that Bowl. I like their old Cardinal better. The stylized logo (over the last 15 years) looks more like a woodpecker. peace

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Washington Redskins because of family. When I was a kid I also really liked Moss and Taylor(RIP).

I have season tickets to the Hamilton Tigercats so the CFL is also an important part of my football fandom.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I still do like watching The Chiefs, but not really the Packers anymore. I'm also really interested to see how Cleveland does this year because only 2 years ago they were the laughing stock of the league. Also, it might be hard watching Raider games this year just because of the Brown situation and the fact that they are leaving. I do think the 49ers will be really watchable though. I don't know if they are a playoff team yet, but I hope they get at least 9 wins. Looking at the schedule, I think it's doable.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Funny thing is I’m a former Rams fan. Once they left STL I couldn’t support them anymore.

Same but instead of the Cardinals, I became a Jaguars fan. I have a David Garrard shirt from when I was younger and I didn't want to jump to a team that was already good.

Drafting Jalen Ramsey who absolutely love certainly didn't hurt either.

Reactions: BlueDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->