Pre-Game Talk: Official Home Opener attendance Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And the hand-wringing was all for nothing. The place was loud, packed, and clearly the fanbase is really excited for Nico and the young guns.

And pretty much a legit sellout too, aside from the random 2-3 empty rows in one of the corner lower and upper sections. Many of the fans clearly got there early enough for the red carpet intro.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was worried the big scoreboard would be overdoing it tbh, but honestly it had the right amount of WOW factor without being a nuisance.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I was worried the big scoreboard would be overdoing it tbh, but honestly it had the right amount of WOW factor without being a nuisance.

I felt like they used it perfectly. They showed a ton of replays, which was great because in years past they would rarely show replays. And the quality of the video is just ridiculous!

I'll say that the penalty timing was a bit small, but as one person pointed out, it was probably as large as on the old screen hahaha

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
And pretty much a legit sellout too, aside from the random 2-3 empty rows in one of the corner lower and upper sections. Many of the fans clearly got there early enough for the red carpet intro.
Was a great crowd. A lot of energy and excitement. One thing though, it was heavily papered. Team offered tons of freebies to local youth hockey orgs and high school teams. One number I heard was over 700 tickets.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'll say that the penalty timing was a bit small

I made the same comment. Definitely too small.

The only other negative is whoever runs the "Players on Ice" thing needs to be replaced, it was wrong more often than it was right.

Everything else about it is fantastic though.

Were they selling I love to hockey shirts?

After the game I did a walk-through of the Devils Den and I didn't see it. I didn't look through any of the concourse stores.

One thing though, it was heavily papered. Team offered tons of freebies to local youth hockey orgs and high school teams. One number I heard was over 700 tickets.

That explains it.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I didn't care about the penalty time being small on the scoreboard when it is in large font on tbe ribbons

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I checked literally everywhere. Couldn't find one. It's a shame for the team because I was willing to pay quite a bit for one.

That's really odd, they're missing out if they have a bunch available at all. I bought one over the summer at the small store outside of where they played the red/white scrimmage so I'd expect them to be displayed prominently at this point.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I made the same comment. Definitely too small.

The only other negative is whoever runs the "Players on Ice" thing needs to be replaced, it was wrong more often than it was right.

Everything else about it is fantastic though.

After the game I did a walk-through of the Devils Den and I didn't see it. I didn't look through any of the concourse stores.

That explains it.

The players pictures next to their names when on ice were useless. They looked like really small, identical emoticons.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's really odd, they're missing out if they have a bunch available at all. I bought one over the summer at the small store outside of where they played the red/white scrimmage so I'd expect them to be displayed prominently at this point.

We need those. Some BRATTwortz, Taylor Hall's Pork Rolls.

Merchandising!!!!

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
.....they showed it a bunch of times from different angles.
I should have said relevant replays. They showed the top view twice and once was after the review. A bunch of my people were in my section waiting to watch it during the review.

They were also pretty late with a bunch of the penalties if they were shown at all.

Reactions: NJDevils7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad