Pre-Game Talk: Official Home Opener attendance Thread

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I registered for that, now how do I look to see if I can buy tix? every time I go to that devilsstudentrush site it brings me back to the phone with the 3 boxes that I used to register

EDIT- figured it out, have to go to the link on my phone. I am at the upgrade page too where it says they are available at 11:30 am. I purchased tickets through ticketexchange so I assume I'd be "eligible" for an upgrade?

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
$20 is great for college kids.
IMO upper level has good views of the ice even if high up.
Oh I definitely agree. I've never sat in the lower level so I'm pretty excited.
That's sick. I just registered for that, but I already have tickets. They showed me a screen for seat upgrades, which will be released at 11:30 tomorrow morning, apparently. Have you ever done that? Does it cost extra?
No idea. This is the first student promo that I have used digitally. Before that I had to go the box office.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is the first student promo that I have used digitally. Before that I had to go the box office.

That's probably how they kept people who were 68 with an AARP card from using it.

I imagine now that it's digital you'll have to show college ID or something.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Now it looks like it will be a great crowd! Along with this new exciting offense and the scoreboard there should be a lot of hoopla.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
How are the secondary markets looking?

Stubhub, the only one that really matters (most tickets are usually cross listed anyway) is down to 273 seats with prices rising. As I warned the other day, supply got low enough that really last minute holdouts hoping for a crash probably will end up paying a bit more. It's sort of a reverse bell curve when it comes to pricing - those that bought yesterday I think got the best deals.

That said, there were hundreds upon hundreds of upper level seats that disappeared from the TM map en masse. Maybe they moved most of them via group sales; we will see.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
That's probably how they kept people who were 68 with an AARP card from using it.

I imagine now that it's digital you'll have to show college ID or something.
I have a college ID, but regardless the folks on Reddit said they never check as it appears to be a normal ticket in your Devils Account

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
those that bought yesterday I think got the best deals.

The got as low as $46, pretty good I'd say.

there were hundreds upon hundreds of upper level seats that disappeared from the TM map en masse. Maybe they moved most of them via group sales; we will see.

I'm still very suspicious of this. About 80 were listed earlier today in the corner on the bad half of the rink, and they just put up another 20 a little while ago (also corner).

But I'm really curious about the last 3 rows of 212 & 229, which, before they "disappeared", were completely intact, empty rows of about 150 seats. Those would have been a good group sale option, as IMO, it was nuts of them to think they could be $73 each for UL seats.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
The got as low as $46, pretty good I'd say.

I'm still very suspicious of this. About 80 were listed earlier today in the corner on the bad half of the rink, and they just put up another 20 a little while ago (also corner).

But I'm really curious about the last 3 rows of 212 & 229, which, before they "disappeared", were completely intact, empty rows of about 150 seats. Those would have been a good group sale option, as IMO, it was nuts of them to think they could be $73 each for UL seats.

Yeah I wonder if they can move them last minute to certain groups they have relationships with. Or to local charities in Newark; don't mind some disadvantaged kids benefitting from the team's pricing foibles. Might even be a tax deduction!

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I am at the upgrade page too where it says they are available at 11:30 am. I purchased tickets through ticketexchange so I assume I'd be "eligible" for an upgrade?

People can pay to upgrade their seats now, how does that work?

God, I really need to pay attention more, I used to be so sharp with all this stuff, but now I'm like the, "I unfriend you" lady in the Esurance commercial. :(

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The upgrade thing isn't new for this year, I dont remember when they started it but it was definitely there last year.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So, are the mobile tickets really this basic square looking thing?

Yup.

I had to call stubhub to ensure my tix were legit because the seller just basically skipped a step and uploaded screenshots of the tix straight to stubhub. So tomorrow I will present a screenshot of a screeshot of a ticket.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Devils have sold about 40 Goal Bar tickets tonight!

I guess desperate times require desperate measures.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That makes me feel even worse.

How much money are we talking to "upgrade" from upper level to lower level?

Or Lower lever to Glass?

They promoted it in email and on the scoreboard with announcements before and during the game. I really don't know the price differences especially with the variable game pricing and I never used it since I like my season seats to the point I'd rather not sit anywhere else.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Yup.

I had to call stubhub to ensure my tix were legit because the seller just basically skipped a step and uploaded screenshots of the tix straight to stubhub. So tomorrow I will present a screenshot of a screeshot of a ticket.
Ok, mine did the same thing. You calling makes me feel better about it. I'll try showing with the stubhub app and use the screenshot secondary.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
did anyone ever figure out how much the "upgrades" are on that Studentrush thing?

I guess we'll find out in a few hours

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Good news for me. I was supposed to leave for Maine on Friday, that got postponed to Saturday and now postponed until Sunday so I can watch the opener on TV today.

Go Devils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad