Pre-Game Talk: Official Home Opener attendance Thread

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
At one point that "players on ice" graphic had Wood, Prout and Lovejoy on it :laugh: They need a new operator for that thing.

I look at that constantly, it was wrong more often than it was right all game. The only time it was generally accurate was after a TV break since they had all day to get the players right.

I do LOVE that feature though, but they need someone competent operating it like they do at MSG.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
I look at that constantly, it was wrong more often than it was right all game. The only time it was generally accurate was after a TV break since they had all day to get the players right.

I do LOVE that feature though, but they need someone competent operating it like they do at MSG.
Yeah it was constantly wrong

Also thought the PP/PK timer was way too small for the available space they had

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hah I could have sworn they kept track of players on the ice digitally since I remember talk about a motion sensor chip in the jerseys. I guess it is still manual though :P

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hah I could have sworn they kept track of players on the ice digitally since I remember talk about a motion sensor chip in the jerseys. I guess it is still manual though :P

RFID would be the easiest way, but the NHL doesn't allow chips in jerseys (for reasons I don't know).

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
When there's a penalty, the P-O-I needs to shrink to 4 players and the penalty line needs to grow in size. Absolutely silly how there's 9,000 square feet of space on it and the penalty lines take up barely 10 feet.

I noticed during one of the Devils PK that Schneider was listed in the POI.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
RFID would be the easiest way, but the NHL doesn't allow chips in jerseys (for reasons I don't know).

Shero mentioned the NHL wants chips but the NHLPA won’t allow them. I assume he NHLPA feels metrics hurts players during arbitration and coaching sessions.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Shero mentioned the NHL wants chips but the NHLPA won’t allow them. I assume he NHLPA feels metrics hurts players during arbitration and coaching sessions.

I knew there had to be a reason, just didnt know why.

That's an illogical view by the NHLPA I'd say, for every player "hurt" by the data, another player would be "helped" by same data.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I knew there had to be a reason, just didnt know why.

That's an illogical view by the NHLPA I'd say, for every player "hurt" by the data, another player would be "helped" by same data.

Negatives emotionally hurt more than positives help so he players concerned about being hurt will be more vocal than the ones it would help.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How were the pins they gave away, haven't seen any closeup pics.

It was a patch. Cheap bastids only gave out 9,000, so I didn't get one. They seemed okay, nothing great. Honestly dont know WTH you're supposed to do with a patch anyway.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
It was a patch. Cheap bastids only gave out 9,000, so I didn't get one. They seemed okay, nothing great. Honestly dont know WTH you're supposed to do with a patch anyway.

Oh ok, I thought it was a pin like the players and coaches were wearing during the intros.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I entered around 1:30 and sadly did not get a patch.

They should make 16.5k for all giveaways going forward for crying out loud.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I somehow didn't notice this the entire game lol

Yeah I'm not exactly thinking to look over the side for anything but the OOT scores but if it's there we'll adapt soon enough I suppose.

I actually am surprised they held to that '9000 limit' for something as nondescript as a patch. I guess they really will only have 9000 banners for Patty night, etc.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yeah I'm not exactly thinking to look over the side for anything but the OOT scores but if it's there we'll adapt soon enough I suppose.

I actually am surprised they held to that '9000 limit' for something as nondescript as a patch. I guess they really will only have 9000 banners for Patty night, etc.

Given that it's a Saturday game, it'll be interesting to see how quickly they run out of banners. It will be a lot easier getting to the arena in time for when the doors open than it would for a weeknight game. How many will be knocking down one more beer and wind up getting shut out? :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad