Official HFBlues Fantasy Thread 14-15

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
I'm in under my username. Here's to a good season boys! Last year fantasy hockey took over as my favorite over football so I will be keeping up all season.

I'm good anytime after 5 pm for draft times.

P.S. any thoughts on the categories I listed above?

Add faceoffs, and those are the ones I've always seen used. I was in one last year that had losses for goalies, and I didn't care much for that.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
Add faceoffs, and those are the ones I've always seen used. I was in one last year that had losses for goalies, and I didn't care much for that.

It looks like he has all those settings plus PIMs. I would be in favor of switching PIMs for faceoffs. I've been in leagues that have had and didn't have PIMs and I preferred the league that didn't have it as a category. Just never been a fan of a category that represents something negative in the game. I'm cool with if it stays a category though.

EDIT: Also, having utility spots (my dynasty league uses 2 slots for example) is great. It's just like having a flex in football.

Last edited:

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
It looks like he has all those settings plus PIMs. I would be in favor of switching PIMs for faceoffs. I've been in leagues that have had and didn't have PIMs and I preferred the league that didn't have it as a category. Just never been a fan of a category that represents something negative in the game. I'm cool with if it stays a category though.

EDIT: Also, having utility spots (my dynasty league uses 2 slots for example) is great. It's just like having a flex in football.

I do like having a flex spot. I kind of like PIMs too. I hate having faceoffs as a category though. That is so random game to game, so it seems silly to give that as much weight as other categories like SV % or Goals.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Ok a vote.

PIMs?
Face offs?
Utility/Flex?

I'd be okay with no PIMs and no faceoffs. I also like the utility addition i know many a time I wanted to use a player last year but couldn't because I had two better playing the same position.

I think perhaps no PIMs and no FOs and 1 flex is my personal choice.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
utility for sure
no faceoffs, gives too much value to centers.
i like pims because it makes defensmen more valuable, as they tend to get more pim less points.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Faceoffs is a no then. Will add one utility position.

Still on the fence with PIMs. I personally didn't like it last year as it emphasized a player who is putting up decent points and also fights or is a pest. Not a fan of that in a fantasy sense.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Looks like the league is full. Dang, was hoping to get in one this year. If a spot or another league opens up, I would be interested.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
I'll probably be making a league. I hate the points everyone else uses. I play points over all no head to head stuff.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'd be down to join a league. Currently renewed the two I was in last year but I could easily ditch one. I don't like having more than two teams, too much to handle.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Does counting PIM's as a score-able category favor the players who take very few penalties like Jaden Schwartz, or goofs who take stupid penalties like Brendan Morrow? Never played in a league with this category before, so not sure what type of player would be a good or bad for PIM's.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
Does counting PIM's as a score-able category favor the players who take very few penalties like Jaden Schwartz, or goofs who take stupid penalties like Brendan Morrow? Never played in a league with this category before, so not sure what type of player would be a good or bad for PIM's.

It penalizes smart players and rewards goons, that's why I'm against it. Also, the skater to goalie category is even without PIMs, making both equal weight in fantasy, which I also like.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It penalizes smart players and rewards goons, that's why I'm against it. Also, the skater to goalie category is even without PIMs, making both equal weight in fantasy, which I also like.

If that's the case I agree with you completely.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
My work schedule for draft weekend September 14th, has not been posted yet, but normally I have to work 4 to 12's on Sunday's. Lately my days off have been Wednesday and Thursday, would either one of those evenings work for everybody else in the league?

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
I actually just got word at work that we will be "on call" Sept. 12-14 for a project deadline. I work Mon-Fri until 5pm so if the draft could be after 6ish so I have time to get home. Other than that weekend I have every weekend off.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I actually just got word at work that we will be "on call" Sept. 12-14 for a project deadline. I work Mon-Fri until 5pm so if the draft could be after 6ish so I have time to get home. Other than that weekend I have every weekend off.

I work 4 to 12's Mon-Tues & Fri-Sun, if we have to keep draft day on the 14th could we at least move the time back to around 12/1 that day?

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
I work 4 to 12's Mon-Tues & Fri-Sun, if we have to keep draft day on the 14th could we at least move the time back to around 12/1 that day?

Should we shoot for a Wednesday or Thursday then? There's no guarantee I'll have to work at all on the 14th, but I work for a hospital IT department and we are going live on a project that requires us to be on call 24/7 that weekend. It would be a bummer to get called away before or during the draft.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Should we shoot for a Wednesday or Thursday then? There's no guarantee I'll have to work at all on the 14th, but I work for a hospital IT department and we are going live on a project that requires us to be on call 24/7 that weekend. It would be a bummer to get called away before or during the draft.

I hear ya bro, we are so short staffed at the Hotel right now, I could have a heart attack or something that serious and they would still expect me to be concierge/front desk from 4 to midnight if I was scheduled.

I just really want to be in this league with all my fellow HF Blues fans/friends. Note in KY any chance we can try to find a different day or time? I'd really hate to have to bring my laptop to work that day so I don't miss the draft...because I would do it, customer service would just have to take a backseat that day.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00