HF Habs: Official Habs Mock Draft 2018 Edition - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
The Detroit Red Wings needing help at different positions looked hard at a couple of prospects but with Mike Green and Nic Jensen being our only 2 right handed defencemen we are pleased at number 6 to select from Acadie Bathurst 6'3 RH Defenceman Noah Dobson.

Dobson can stand to improve his upper body strength and be more effective in physical battles and get even more power on his shot. There is time for the 18-year-old to add muscle to a skinny frame. He may need a year or two of development time, but he has the potential to be a number one defenceman at the NHL level, playing both the power play and the penalty kill, and taking on other team’s top lines. In terms of style, his game is comparable to Alex Pietrangelo of the St. Louis Blues.

Next GM being pm'ed

Reactions: Mathletic

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This was a tough one....

The Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select from the London Knights of the OHL, Defenseman Evan Bouchard.

Bouchard is a strong puck moving defenseman with an unbelievable feel for the game. He makes tough plays look easy, can control a game from the backend & his anticipation & skating allow him to recover from mistakes.

He's a terrific addition to our group of young players and should be an offensive leader on the blueline for us for years. A prototypical defenseman for the new NHL.

@GObias of Chicago is next.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Sounds like this mock already got feisty. Anyone want to pm me the juicy details ? Seems like everythings been regulated.

Great pace though.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
220px-New_York_Rangers.svg.png

NY Rangers select defensman Quinton Hughes from the University of Michigan Wolverines.
Hughes-NCAA.jpg

More than likely the best skater in this year's class with gamebreaking talent from the backend. Hugues is a puck wizard that dictates and controls play with his vision, puck control, skating agility, and poise. He also has a good shot with a quick release that gets to the net on a constistant basis. He'll have to get stronger to help win battles but typically uses outstanding stick work to steal pucks from bigger opponents.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Edmonton Oilers are VERY proud to select from the Spokane Chiefs, defensemen Ty Smith!

"Hughes may be the best skater of the draft, but Smith isn't that far off, he is also an excellent skater. This skating is what helps him become so effective defensively. Smith put up an impressive 73 points in just 69 games for Spokane. He has elite vision and poise making him a massive powerplay threat. The saying that smaller defensemen have poor shots doesn't apply to Smith, as he has an outstanding release. In addition, he also excels defensively more often than not, and you will rarely find him making mistakes. His player comparison is Duncan Keith. Overall, Smith is going to be a key role in helping out the Oilers and we are very excited to be able to have him in our organization.".

@sandviper and the Islanders are up at 11 and 12

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
On behalf of the New York Islanders, we would like to give the people of Dallas a good ole yee-haw!

With the 11th overall pick in the 2018 NHL Draft, the New York Islanders are proud to select from the Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL), Vitali Kravtsov, RW

Capture.PNG

Vitaly is an excellent skater with above average speed and acceleration and an uncanny ability to switch gears. Impressive for such a large man, as is his remarkable stickhandling ability.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
With the 12th pick, the New York Islanders are happy to select from Boston University (NCAA), Brady Tkachuk, C/LW

Capture.PNG

The scouts are incredibly happy to be able to select Brady as we feel he is a top ten talent and will bring some grit and toughness to the team along with some sweet hands.

Some notes: I hate @The Great Schlemko for stealing Smith away from me. He was my first choice at #11. That said, despite some of this board's grievances with Tkachuk, I did have Tkachuk #9 on my list so I guess I should be pleased. I think a line of Tkachuk - Barzal - Kravtsov is going to be ridiculous.

PM'd @TT1

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Isles just won the draft getting those two in those spots. Great job.

Funnier thinking that could have been Calgary who could have had the two brothers together.

Reactions: sandviper

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
With the 12th pick, the New York Islanders are happy to select from Boston University (NCAA), Brady Tkachuk, C/LW

View attachment 118219

The scouts are incredibly happy to be able to select Brady as we feel he is a top ten talent and will bring some grit and toughness to the team along with some sweet hands.

Some notes: I hate @The Great Schlemko for stealing Smith away from me. He was my first choice at #11. That said, despite some of this board's grievances with Tkachuk, I did have Tkachuk #9 on my list so I guess I should be pleased. I think a line of Tkachuk - Barzal - Kravtsov is going to be ridiculous.

PM'd @TT1
Absolute steal

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well Kravtsov is a Top 10, possibly Top 5 talent. With two picks you take the risk, especially considering you know you have a safe player in Tkachuk.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Yep insane value at 11/12th, I hope Bergy at least makes the offer of his 3rd overall for those picks and maybe add a little extra to make it more enticing. I doubt NYI bite though, the gap in talent between 3rd and 12 is so small.

Great selections everyone thus far :thumbu:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
End of the day, this is a MOCK draft. I mean, it probably won't go the same way in real life, but isn't that the point? I mean, short of doing something off the board and picking McLeod top-5, I think we are here to have fun, throw some shade and do some fantasy GM'ing.

I never understood the real purpose of these mock threads. I thought the whole idea was to try and come up with the closest draft to the actual results and then produce a final tally based on who has the most selections at the right round and rank, and declare a winner for bragging rights and shits and giggles.

Instead of that, are you guys simply making selections for the hell of it? What's the end game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad