OT: Official Golf Thread - One small golf tip lands Matt Kuchar in deep rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
got off my duffer today and played 9 over at Newport CC - Newport, NH.

For not playing in just about two years, I wasn't upset with my game. The greens were in terrible shape and cost me some putts - I don't typically blame the greens I swear, but I liked my lines - my short game was decent, hitting a bit under and short but it was working for how hard the greens were.

Really hitting the four iron well. Had it pretty consistent and straight I'm guessing at 205. Hit a nice draw with it (on purpose mind you). Had one nice shot with my driver out of three uses (other two were low altitude slices - most of the course can tolerate that).

Walked my fat ass those 3000 yards, too.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Better than I thought he'd do, especially after being 5 over at one point this morning...

That course was also set out very tough.

This was only the 2th time this year that the winner (Rose at -4) had a higher score than the 36 holes leader (-6).

And what about Patrick Reed, who was going for win #3 this year, had a 2 shot lead at the turn on Sunday and finished outside the top-10 with a 41 (+6) on the back nine...

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
That course was also set out very tough.

This was only the 2th time this year that the winner (Rose at -4) had a higher score than the 36 holes leader (-6).

And what about Patrick Reed, who was going for win #3 this year, had a 2 shot lead at the turn on Sunday and finished outside the top-10 with a 41 (+6) on the back nine...

I expect better from one of the top 5 players in the world. :sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mike Weir, Kuchar,DeLaet in the Hotel now with us for big event here, bumped into Weir this AM, gave me a Ball cap.....

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Let's hear everyone's predictions and thoughts on The Open

I don't really follow golf. Even when I played regularly (1994-2005) I didn't follow it.

But more importantly, I played for the first time in 4 or 5 years last week and truly shot the ball better than at any point in my life, especially off the tee.

I have no idea why or how this happened, but I played once with a guy I played with a lot in the past and he's a regular golfer and I out drove him much of the time, which never happened before.

A few days later to see if it was a fluke, I played 9 with my 11 year old at a course I played dozens of times in the past and couldn't believe how good I was driving the ball.

If my short game wasn't so rusty, I could have been in the low 40's, which I rarely ever accomplished even when I was playing a lot. (Shot a 45)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So my dad can't play golf anymore due to a bad ankle injury and he's wicked bummed out.

Anyone know of any golf products that can be used in the yard or indoors that allows him to practice his putting and chipping without needing to turn his ankle?

Thanks!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love to see Speith win er

I have never been able to get into the British Open, seems so dreary there and tough to watch on TV for me at least.

I think I`d have to take a trip there, play one of these courses in order to truly understand the scope of the game over there and appreciate it more

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Lefty.

Why? Because he's the only left handed pro golfer I've ever seen/heard of :nod:

I took golf lessons once. It was hard for the instructor to teach me because I swing left handed and he was right handed. Never had a chance to play though given my back issues it is probably just as well.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
So my dad can't play golf anymore due to a bad ankle injury and he's wicked bummed out.

Anyone know of any golf products that can be used in the yard or indoors that allows him to practice his putting and chipping without needing to turn his ankle?

Thanks!

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/dancin-dogg-golf-optishot-simulator.html

Ali, my buddy just bought this and we set it up in his garage.

One of the greatest things I have ever played, it shows the angle of your club, your swing speed, your ball flight.

You can even play a game, putting included.

Really cool, I can't wait until the winter when we can play golf indoors instead of sitting around watching hockey:sarcasm:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I have a meeting tomorrow, but I should be able to squeeze 18 in from 3 p.m. onward at one of the best courses Vancouver Island has to offer.

I have played once and it ate me alive, but 2nd times the charm I hope.

http://bearmountain.ca/Golf/The-Courses

I don't get to play nearly as much as i'd like, but i get out maybe 6-8 times a year. Usually mid 80s-90, terrible with a driver, i use my 16° hybrid off the tee most of the time. Good iron play, decent wedge game, terribly inconsistent putting.

I'd rate the older course at Bear Mountain behind Colwood, Victoria and Olympic View just for courses around Victoria. But it is definitely a great track. Haven't played the new one.

If you ever get over to the Sunshine Coast you HAVE to play the course in Roberts Creek. It's not very long but it absolutely humbles anyone who thinks they can just overpower it.

*sorry for killing the thread

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We've got a battle here. Rory slipped up on the 3rd and Garcia just tied Fowler for 2nd. 6 is the magical number.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
The world needs more John Dalys.. or at least the golfing world does.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Was fantastic to watch.

Congrats to the good old Irish boy :)

Spectacular games by Fowler, Garcia and Furyk as well today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad