Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If they sign, I don't think it's clear. Like I'd consider it with Cirelli. Maybe we could move out futures to re-sign Hoff by getting cheaper with Stralman? Take a look at the roster I created above; I think that's a team that could compete.

Good point but that money is hard to turn down and they likely won't see that in TB.
Both could instantly get a bigger role in FLA as well.
It is the fantasy thread after all :laugh:

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Good point but that money is hard to turn down and they likely won't see that in TB.
Both could instantly get a bigger role in FLA as well.
It is the fantasy thread after all :laugh:
True haha. I priced it out. If can re-sign Wallmark (900K/2years) and Borg (800k one year) and Hunt/Brown (700K) and get Hofffman for 6.5M, we could keep Cirelli under cap :) It means we lose a lot in 2022 (no Vatrano, Stralman etc.)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
True haha. I priced it out. If can re-sign Wallmark (900K/2years) and Borg (800k one year) and Hunt/Brown (700K) and get Hofffman for 6.5M, we could keep Cirelli under cap :) It means we lose a lot in 2022 (no Vatrano, Stralman etc.)

We may lose one of Vatrano/Connolly to SEA anyhow.
Rather lose Connolly over Vatrano though. RW depth is better than LW right now.

Can you post the Capfriendly roster with Cirelli and Hoff? Please and Thank you.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
We may lose one of Vatrano/Connolly to SEA anyhow.
Rather lose Connolly over Vatrano though. RW depth is better than LW right now.

Can you post the Capfriendly roster with Cirelli and Hoff? Please and Thank you.
I was doing it and made a mistake with capfirneldy haha.

It worked out but was exactly at the limit and required like Hunt and Brown to take league minimum.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Actually requires us to do a 21 man roster, so doesn't work. My bad.

upload_2020-9-24_20-2-49.png

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Use that sceviour money on Frolik now :) he liked it here, played under Q in Chicago, won’t get much this season no matter where he goes, and provides support on the pk like sceviour did. They’ll probably re-sign wallmark.

We still have Connolly and vatrano on the wings, see if they keep them, and then just what to they do at center. I prefer Acciari on the wing but if they need him at center then we may see that too

Huberdeau-Barkov-Hornqvist
???-???-Tippett
???-???-Denisenko
Frolik-Wallmark-Acciari

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I definitely would not go after Johnson. He’s on a downward path, it’s pretty clear in the playoffs.

I’m also dubious of the amount people are willing to give Cirelli. Holy crap. I don’t think he’s worth $6M+.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I definitely would not go after Johnson. He’s on a downward path, it’s pretty clear in the playoffs.

I’m also dubious of the amount people are willing to give Cirelli. Holy crap. I don’t think he’s worth $6M+.
I disagree: he's one of the best 2C options and he should be cheap after these playoffs; he should be fine if we can give him routine partners which is his problem in TB I think...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Use that sceviour money on Frolik now :) he liked it here, played under Q in Chicago, won’t get much this season no matter where he goes, and provides support on the pk like sceviour did. They’ll probably re-sign wallmark.

We still have Connolly and vatrano on the wings, see if they keep them, and then just what to they do at center. I prefer Acciari on the wing but if they need him at center then we may see that too

Huberdeau-Barkov-Hornqvist
???-???-Tippett
???-???-Denisenko
Frolik-Wallmark-Acciari
Wallmark is certainly resigned. I doubt that Denisenko plays immediately now. What would you do for center?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I disagree: he's one of the best 2C options and he should be cheap after these playoffs; he should be fine if we can give him routine partners which is his problem in TB I think...
Johnson? No. Just no. I was a huge fan (when it comes to opposing teams players) when he was younger.... maybe it’s injuries, maybe it’s age, maybe it’s his past physical play.... but he’s lost a step for sure. He’s not a 2C. My opinion, based on my observations, confirmed during these playoffs.

Reactions: I am not exposed

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Wallmark is certainly resigned. I doubt that Denisenko plays immediately now. What would you do for center?
Tbh that’s really hard to answer. They’ll find centers for the bottom-6 between wallmark, possibly Acciari, or even a signing. Something like Derek Grant I think would be a good add down there. But 2C? I have no idea, probably trade for a vet that makes more than he should with only a year or two left. This free agency sucks for centers, there’s nothing. They’ll probably get a stop gap there for a season or two. Maybe one of the nashville centers could be had at a good price

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Tbh that’s really hard to answer. They’ll find centers for the bottom-6 between wallmark, possibly Acciari, or even a signing. Something like Derek Grant I think would be a good add down there. But 2C? I have no idea, probably trade for a vet that makes more than he should with only a year or two left. This free agency sucks for centers, there’s nothing. They’ll probably get a stop gap there for a season or two
That's kind of how I arrived at Johnson. Apart from the TBL trio, there's only Turris available plus say Haula/Galy. I think the TBL trio could make sense, say if we offer to take Killorn+Johnson/Gourde for a first, especially once an offer sheet comes...

Edit: For the nashville guys, I only see Turris available and his contract is a shade better than Matheson's: 4 years for 6M. I think clearly Johnson's is better.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

2018-19:
19 goals, 20 assists, 39pts in 82 GP (0.475 points per game)
14 ESG, 5 SHG, 1 PP point
32 of those 39pts at ES

He averaged 11:50 mins at ES, :17 seconds on PP, 2:42 on PK, 14:50 total TOI

2019-20:
16 goals, 28 assists, 44 pts in 68 GP (0.647 points per game) *53pt pace if he played 82 games*
14 ESG, 1 SHG, 5 PP points
37 of those 44pts at ES (in around 30th among all C's this year)

He averaged 14:43 mins at ES, :57 seconds on PP, 2:48 on the PK, 18:27 total TOI

Left side is 2018-29, right side is 2019-20
cirelli.PNG

You pair him with some decent enough players, bump up his PP time eventually and he has a shot at improving to 50+pts as a 2C.
You're paying for a blossoming 2 way C who could put up 50 points, mostly at ES and is a work horse on the PK and emerging elite defense 5 on 5.
Just turned 23 back in July.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
2018-19:
19 goals, 20 assists, 39pts in 82 GP (0.475 points per game)
14 ESG, 5 SHG, 1 PP point
32 of those 39pts at ES

He averaged 11:50 mins at ES, :17 seconds on PP, 2:42 on PK, 14:50 total TOI

2019-20:
16 goals, 28 assists, 44 pts in 68 GP (0.647 points per game) *53pt pace if he played 82 games*
14 ESG, 1 SHG, 5 PP points
37 of those 44pts at ES (in around 30th among all C's this year)

He averaged 14:43 mins at ES, :57 seconds on PP, 2:48 on the PK, 18:27 total TOI

Left side is 2018-29, right side is 2019-20
View attachment 368801

You pair him with some decent enough players, bump up his PP time eventually and he has a shot at improving to 50+pts as a 2C.
You're paying for a blossoming 2 way C who could put up 50 points, mostly at ES and is a work horse on the PK and emerging elite defense 5 on 5.
Just turned 23 back in July.
Yeah, the stats are pretty good, my argument is about the price. Also, following all the Lightning PO games, he had moments (scoring an important goal against the Bruins and the series clincher against the Isles) but he’s not really someone who can create a lot, maybe he’s on the verge. Good player, but again, price sticker is the main issue and expectation of a super 2C... I’m not there yet on Cirelli.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, the stats are pretty good, my argument is about the price. Also, following all the Lightning PO games, he had moments (scoring an important goal against the Bruins and the series clincher against the Isles) but he’s not really someone who can create a lot, maybe he’s on the verge. Good player, but again, price sticker is the main issue and expectation of a super 2C... I’m not there yet on Cirelli.

Only said $6.5 mil as that's the threshold before you go into a 1st, 2nd and 3rd compensation and I agree, he isnt worth $6.5+

Even coming closer to $5.5 mil per would give TB problems as Serg is gonna need at least $4.5 mil on a 2yr bridge. Cernak is also due but won't get a huge raise.

They'd have to move Killorn and maybe one of TJ/Gourde/Palat to fit both of them

Zito would be a god around here if he pulled that off.

Reactions: Ratsreign

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Aaron Portzline is saying CLB may be considering a buyout for the struggling Wennberg...if it happens, I wonder if Zito will be interested? We have a similar guy in Wallmark, though, so may not make sense.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Aaron Portzline is saying CLB may be considering a buyout for the struggling Wennberg...if it happens, I wonder if Zito will be interested? We have a similar guy in Wallmark, though, so may not make sense.
Wennberg could still be a good 2C and would be a great signing if he is cheaper. He has skills that Torts can't make the most of, but he also has the attitude to still get a spot on Torts' team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad