Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
This is an interesting point. I think the big difference between the two shiny new objects the team has - Kessel and Hall - and why many of us love Hall is because he looks like he gives a sht. He works his ass off in all zones and tries to make something happen. He may not be producing at a rate we want him to, but seeing that work ethic - especially compared to others - makes it more forgivable.
This is correct. On the flip side, it’s also where fans let their emotions get the better of them. To think that Kessel doesn’t care is wrong. He didn’t get to where he is with that attitude and that never leaves a competitor, same can be said for Stepan.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I want to keep Hall. And Dvorak, Garland, Crouse, Hayton, and Chychrun. Also Kuemper and Raanta. I want to trade every single other player on the roster. I want every other player gone besides those 8.

Call me dramatic, but I have flat out f***ing had it with this team. Actually, since mid January I have, but the lack of scoring over the last 10 years is f***ing absurd.

We’re going to lose Taylor Hall. No doubt about it. No one on this team can play with this guy aside from Garland. We have a bunch of lazy, no good, ok with losing, f***ing bums on this team.

Phil Kessel is like Goldberg as a forward. Fat, out of shape and just f***ing sucks as a hockey player. Stepan is an average third liner at best. OEL is afraid of his own shadow when someone’s breathing down on him. There’s no heart to this team. No will to f***ing live! No one gives a shit. Hall cares, no one else does.

There needs to be something done. At this point get rid of chayka, the coaching staff, all of em’. Strip everyone wearing any letters. Go out and find players that want to win, that get absolutely furious when they lose.

This will be another year of no playoff hockey. I don’t want to watch regular season coyotes hockey anymore. I find myself tuning in for the first five minutes and then finding something else to either do, or watch and just score check every ten minutes on my phone, somethings wrong with that.

Im more pissed because we’re not going to be able to sign Hall. Not because of the city, or fans or ownership like it was previously, but because of these lazy f***s he plays with. They are first hand showing Hall the door.

In whatever way possible, sign Hall. Keep Dvorak, Garland, Chychrun, Kuemper, Raanta, Hayton and Keller. Get whatever you can for everyone else.

I cannot stand this team right now. In the past I could look past it but, we have everything we could ever want with Muerello as an owner and for once the franchise is stabilizing and we’re the same ol sacks of shits.
IF we get a new coach, I say give him time to sort things out. This team as talent, but RT is not a successful NHL coach. We are all blaming the players, but I think it is foolish to start trading all this players that you guys want traded. Regardless of who is coaching next year we will have around 5-6 new players. I think a better coach can get us to the playoffs very easily with tweaking this roster.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
IF we get a new coach, I say give him time to sort things out. This team as talent, but RT is not a successful NHL coach. We are all blaming the players, but I think it is foolish to start trading all this players that you guys want traded. Regardless of who is coaching next year we will have around 5-6 new players. I think a better coach can get us to the playoffs very easily with tweaking this roster.

Does your roster next season include Hall? If not, we need to acquire a goal scorer.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m also extremely confused as to why Fischer is well-liked on this forum. He’s big and strong and is okay on the forecheck and okay on the back check. But it never leads to anything ever. Goals are never scored because of anything he has done. And he’s literally never hurt a fly. I can’t recall him ever hitting anyone to hurt them and I don’t believe he’s ever thrown a punch in anger at any level of hockey ever. He’s a big strong p***y cat who’s a net nothing on the ice and makes no impact of any kind.
Just think, he was on the #1 PP all of last year, along with Stepan, and got like 3 pts. between them. Both fav's of, you guessed it, RT. That alone should get RT fired, but it won't.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Does your roster next season include Hall? If not, we need to acquire a goal scorer.
Like I said, there will be 5-6 new players next year. If RT is coach, who knows who wants to come here. With a new owner and a successful coach hired, it could/will/should open up to have more players wanting to be here.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Garland out....

iu

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So as Garland enters next season approaching UFA how the heck do you evaluate that contract ?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He has 50% more goals than Kessel, so $10 mil x 8. :naughty:
Seriously though has he earned a $3,$4,$5 million deal?? And for how long? Rare to be approaching UFA after really one season.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Seriously though has he earned a $3,$4,$5 million deal?? And for how long? Rare to be approaching UFA after really one season.

I'm no expert on NHL contract intricacies, but he's at least as valuable to the team as Dvorak, who has a $4.45 mil cap hit.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Agreed, new coach needs to sort this out, we don't really know what we have as Tocc hasn't gotten the most out of his players in my opinion. Hall staying or not, a few roster changes, maybe 5 players is all we need, besides, Chayka isn't making wholesale roster changes, he would be indicting himself, and he isn't about to do that, he will fire Tocc first.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is correct. On the flip side, it’s also where fans let their emotions get the better of them. To think that Kessel doesn’t care is wrong. He didn’t get to where he is with that attitude and that never leaves a competitor, same can be said for Stepan.
Exactly, and when the talent diminishes, we blame the players and their contract. It was the GM who thought the player was worth that contract. This could easily happen to Hall in a few years as well, and why it is so risky to sign a player his age to a long term deal.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I know you guys think the lack of physicality is one of the major problems, but it isn't to me. For me, the biggest problem is that these guys just don't seem to generally care on the ice.

Hall does. Garland does. Kuemper and Raanta do.

But the rest? They apparently have the attitude of grill cooks at a McDonald's. I sometimes wonder if they honestly don't want to go to the playoffs because it'll cut into their golf time. They've taken the concept of "Don't let it get to you" and stretched it until it screams for mercy.

All these guys who knew each other in Chicago... Chayka thought that letting them play with their pals would make them more likely to want to stay and thrive in Arizona. Well, they certainly seem to be enjoying life together everywhere but on the ice.

They're not hungry.

I agree. Every year, a different recipe occurs. The lack of physicality isnt an issue. The lack of a response when physicality crosses its bounds does. Anyone should be willing to stand up if crazy stuff goes down... no hunger is right

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Durring Tocc tenure I continue to be amazed at the sheer number of injuries we suffer for what is constantly likely the least physical team in the league.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Durring Tocc tenure I continue to be amazed at the sheer number of injuries we suffer for what is constantly likely the least physical team in the league.
Probably due to a couple factors, one being the system they play really overworking the players as they chase down the puck through a strong forecheck, and then seemingly are not capable of winning board battles on either end leading to diminished offensive time and thus more time spent chasing the opposing side again. Secondly, the schedule is considered rough across the entire league since the mandated week off came in because aside from that week, the season remains the same length calendar-wise so everything else is fit into one week less. Additionally, the Coyotes being a high-travel team, and the team skews young where these players haven't played at a level that has this many games yet, or at least these are their first few seasons of it so they've not acclimated to the rigors of it yet and wind up injured.

To further comment on the schedule, I believe there was talk that with Meruelo now in the picture, the team has a stronger voice in lobbying for better scheduling, whereas before the team should just deal with schedule adversity since they're receiving so much financial assistance from the other owners already.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
They are scoring the same or worse as the plucky injured team did last year in the spring. More than anything, they need to change the coach to someone with a system that doesn't horribly suppress offensive talent.

More than that, we need a coach who can motivate these kids to play at 10/10ths instead of assuming that 75% effort is sufficient.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The high-scoring teams play a lot more East-West than we do that is for sure. We're a North-South transition team, because we sure as shit can't cycle the puck in the offensive zone. Also, when another team Cycles, there is always a man driving towards the net. Our entire Cycle is an endless, fruitless, exercise in puck possession, because everyone is along the wall or behind the net, there is never anyone in front.

2-games ago Keller made a great pass behind the net to Oesterle...wanna know why that worked? Because Oesterle isn't a forward trained in the offensive Tocchet arts, he actually drove to the net. If you look at that play, every other forward was along the walls waiting for Keller to swing it around or throw it back behind the net again.

I can't wait until we get a coach who can coach some offense. We can't be this bad for this long at scoring.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
The high-scoring teams play a lot more East-West than we do that is for sure. We're a North-South transition team, because we sure as shit can't cycle the puck in the offensive zone. Also, when another team Cycles, there is always a man driving towards the net. Our entire Cycle is an endless, fruitless, exercise in puck possession, because everyone is along the wall or behind the net, there is never anyone in front.

2-games ago Keller made a great pass behind the net to Oesterle...wanna know why that worked? Because Oesterle isn't a forward trained in the offensive Tocchet arts, he actually drove to the net. If you look at that play, every other forward was along the walls waiting for Keller to swing it around or throw it back behind the net again.

I can't wait until we get a coach who can coach some offense. We can't be this bad for this long at scoring.

better keep waiting because 1. Tocc isn't the problem and 2. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Reactions: Fathead

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
better keep waiting because 1. Tocc isn't the problem and 2. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Toc ISN’T the problem? Do you think it’s a coincidence that literally every single player on the roster not named Conor Garland or Jakob Chychrun is performing below expectations? I sure don’t. If it was a couple guys way under expectations I could shrug it off. It’s literally just about every player on the roster. Coaching is a big time problem. The system is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad