OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
JB, glad to hear that the hair is still sensational.

Things are a bit tense here. Wife is on the front lines in a very busy ER. We've discussed it, and think it's only a matter of time before we are infected. Thankfully, I am the eldest(still with great hair, also), and we don't have to worry about infecting older people. On the down side, I am at the age where this thing becomes far more serious.

Without wanting to get political, it sure would be nice if there was better leadership from above. People are working hard, but there is a lack of equipment, direction, testing!, protocols, and facilities. I am hoping that as the virus spreads it gets less virulent. There is some reason to believe that will be the ultimate outcome.

Take care everyone. We don't always all agree on things (besides the fact that the Avs suck), but I genuinely hope to see everyone come out of this unscathed.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
With no regard to people that you might give it to, before you know you have it, who might be more at-risk than you.

Point taken. I don't have a lot of elderly in my world anymore since the most important person in my world (my dad) died coming up on two years ago now.

I do have a 62 year old cousin who is now probably my best friend up on the Iron Range who is by himself since all his kids are on the West Coast now and the last thing I would ever want to do is get him ill.

Sounds like 11 more cases in China today (if we believe them), so it sounds like it's leveled off there.

We will recover as a country in due time. Silver lining is I am in the process of refinancing my house for a killer deal, and the stock market may present a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity right now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Silver lining is I am in the process of refinancing my house for a killer deal, and the stock market may present a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity right now.

The other silver lining is Kevin Fiala doesn't have a 60 or 70 point season to come to the negotiating table with ;)

Reactions: Northerner

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Point taken. I don't have a lot of elderly in my world anymore since the most important person in my world (my dad) died coming up on two years ago now.

I do have a 62 year old cousin who is now probably my best friend up on the Iron Range who is by himself since all his kids are on the West Coast now and the last thing I would ever want to do is get him ill.

Sounds like 11 more cases in China today (if we believe them), so it sounds like it's leveled off there.

We will recover as a country in due time. Silver lining is I am in the process of refinancing my house for a killer deal, and the stock market may present a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity right now.

The fact that you took what I said and turned it into what affects you, and only you, tells me everything I need to know.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The fact that you took what I said and turned it into what affects you, and only you, tells me everything I need to know.

Where does that post talk about me and only me?

I'm trying to be optimistic and not all doom and gloom, because how does that help anyone? That's all we're bombarded with and it's just sickening. It doesn't help anyone at all.

My thing is I have no control over whether I get it or not; I certainly won't go out and cough on everyone if I do get it.

Good grief. :huh:

Reactions: Helvinutt

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I'm not sure that it's actually legal in this country to force someone to retire unless you can prove they're putting people at extreme risk, like maybe an airline pilot who can't see anymore, which is obviously much different than a hockey player who had a bad year. That said, I'm no expert on law, but I do know for a fact that Zuccarello wouldn't be forced to retire, he'd be a UFA. Now, if nobody wanted to sign him (unlikely), that could force him to retire from the NHL, but I doubt he'd quit hockey altogether. As long as he could find another team to sign him, he'd actually get paid by the Wild each year of the buyout, and also get paid by his new team for his new contract. A buyout's not always a bad deal for the player.
Thank you for a good answer. Yes, I meant retired from NHL. I knew he could play hockey anywhere else.
But hey, let's hope for a buyout then, probably the best for both parts here. And then signed a cheap contract with the Rangers again.
Maybe that was Gortons masterplan? He invented the Corona virus, just to have Zucc back on a affordable contract;)
Just kidding about Gorton off course.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
The CDC recommendation of not allowing any event with >50 people for the next 60 days doesn't bode well for the season.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Well I didn't receive any DMs regarding Hamm's cases up for donation. Not mad, just disappointed.

However, amazing to me. On Saturday, I flew from London Heathrow to Chicago. Landed around 130 PM and was through immigration and into baggage claim in less than 10 minutes. Not a single question about my health, the only different question than normal was asking if I had been to one of these 27 countries. I said, no (truth) and the guy said go ahead. I could have easily been to all of them and just said, no. Guy didn't look through my passport at all. It usually takes me this long, without the virus hysteria.

I have been self quarantining just in case I have picked up anything in the last month I was out of the country. I have some Hamms, a few other beers and numerous random bottles of booze to get me through it. I do however think we're a few days away from a total shutdown in Minnesota. Which means, I will need more Pizza Rolls and Hamms.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Well I didn't receive any DMs regarding Hamm's cases up for donation. Not mad, just disappointed.

However, amazing to me. On Saturday, I flew from London Heathrow to Chicago. Landed around 130 PM and was through immigration and into baggage claim in less than 10 minutes. Not a single question about my health, the only different question than normal was asking if I had been to one of these 27 countries. I said, no (truth) and the guy said go ahead. I could have easily been to all of them and just said, no. Guy didn't look through my passport at all. It usually takes me this long, without the virus hysteria.

I have been self quarantining just in case I have picked up anything in the last month I was out of the country. I have some Hamms, a few other beers and numerous random bottles of booze to get me through it. I do however think we're a few days away from a total shutdown in Minnesota. Which means, I will need more Pizza Rolls and Hamms.

I am an alcoholic in recovery (also truth).

Before I got sober, I was a vodka drinker. I honestly never got the flu during that decade from about 25 to 35 before I got serious and got sober. I mean I never got sick at all. That vodka really does kill germs.

Granted I got the "Irish flu" often, but that wasn't really deadly.

Last edited:

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am an alcoholic in recovery (also truth).

Before I got sober, I was a vodka drinker. I honestly never got the flu during that decade from about 25 to 35 before I got serious and got sober. I mean I never got sick at all. That vodka really does kill germs.

Granted I got the "Irish flu" often, but that was really deadly.

Congratulations on your recovery and sobriety. Best of luck moving forward!

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
This is the first day in the last several that it appears MN cases of Covid-19 haven't went up at all?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
They only seem to report it once a day, and I think it's some time around midday, so it's possible they just haven't updated yet.

Correct. They just reported that cases are up to 54 today. From about 35 yesterday.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
NHL will probably cancel soon, European players want to get home while there are still available flights.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seems like this season is probably over. 8 weeks at minimum before gatherings of over 50 people are allowed to take place. If they hit that nail on the head, they could probably squeak out a quick playoffs, but still. I think a lot of things would have to happen between now and 4/15. What are your guys’ thoughts on:
  • Draft lottery structure of season is over
  • Complaince buyout likelyhood

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Keep the draft lottery the same as it would be normally. I don't see why there would be a compliance buy out.

We don't need a revolution, we need a return to normalcy.:sarcasm:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I keep seeing people saying that Jeremy Jacobs (Bruins) is the last NHL owner to not address paying part-time employees during the shut-down, but I haven't seen anything where the Wild or Leipold has addressed it either. Did I miss some sort of announcement from the Wild/Leipold?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
More importantly, if the regular season ends now, will it cheapen my win in the prediction thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad