Official College Hockey Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Badgers complete the sweep of Michigan after a 3-1 win. It got chippy towards the end of the game after a Michigan player took a penalty with less than a minute left and then proceeded to shove Zengerle over after the whistle blew (like he should of just skated by to the box like a good boy).

Michigan had 6 players in the penalty box. :laugh:

eaFrwnW.jpg

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Ben Marshall scores late, Gophers get 3 more goals from their D guys as we squeak on by in Happy Valley tonight 3-2. A win's a win, on a night PSU could've easily gotten those lucky bounces and won, I'll take a win!

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Gophers up 4-1 on Penn State. Anybody know why they went with the Sunday - Monday series? I don't know if I've ever seen this happen before.

J22*

For anybody that watched the Gophers game tonight. Penn State's goalie is the kid that the Islanders took with the 3rd rounder they got in the Nino trade.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Gophers up 4-1 on Penn State. Anybody know why they went with the Sunday - Monday series? I don't know if I've ever seen this happen before.

Penn State started classes Monday and wanted a full house with students, so they asked for it.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies pick up a recuit in Lakeville born 6'1" 190# forward Blake Winiecki, currently playing for the Waterloo Blackhawks. He's got 27 points in 31 games and is tied for the team lead in goals with another SCSU recruit Patrick Russell. They each have 16 on the season which puts them in a massive log jam tied for 7th in the USHL.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Definitely wish I could be at TCF for this game tonight. Hopefully the Gophers put the boots to the Buckeyes.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's a shame they kinda half-a##ed it by having this game against Ohio. You want a real outdoor classic game, you put the Gophers against Wisconsin or North Dakota. :shakehead

651*

Very disapointed in myself that I did not go. I've never even been in TCF yet outside of looking in from outside. I could have bought tickets. But I did get sick today so.

It's a shame they kinda half-a##ed it by having this game against Ohio. You want a real outdoor classic game, you put the Gophers against Wisconsin or North Dakota. :shakehead
Wisconsin would have been better.

Actually, the opponent is fine, the broadcasters are the absolute culprits. Big 10 Network only? Are freaking kidding me?

I mean, if BSU can get broadcast here in the cities on Public Access channels - you seriously telling me that most Minnesotans shouldn't be able to view it?

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Very disapointed in myself that I did not go. I've never even been in TCF yet outside of looking in from outside. I could have bought tickets. But I did get sick today so.

Wisconsin would have been better.

Actually, the opponent is fine, the broadcasters are the absolute culprits. Big 10 Network only? Are freaking kidding me?

I mean, if BSU can get broadcast here in the cities on Public Access channels - you seriously telling me that most Minnesotans shouldn't be able to view it?

I think BTN is fine. It's either that or FSN. And BTN gives this game much more exposure outside of the Minnesota bubble.

Yeah OSU isn't a hockey rival in the slightest... but it's an understandable choice if they're going to force a BIG matchup especially considering UM just played UW last year in an outdoor game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I hope the NHL has people watching this game.

45,000+ for a college hockey game.

Winter Classic in Minnesota plz.

Getting people to show up would be nothing.

Getting people to tune in on nbc is what the league cares about.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Huskies pick up a recuit in Lakeville born 6'1" 190# forward Blake Winiecki, currently playing for the Waterloo Blackhawks. He's got 27 points in 31 games and is tied for the team lead in goals with another SCSU recruit Patrick Russell. They each have 16 on the season which puts them in a massive log jam tied for 7th in the USHL.

Sweet. Let keep recruiting these scorers for the Huskies. Could have used one more goal tonight. Can't believed we pissed away a 4-1 lead. Rare bad showing by Faragher.

651*

I hope the NHL has people watching this game.

45,000+ for a college hockey game.

Winter Classic in Minnesota plz.

Personally I didn't think the game was that great.

But what I want to know is was that a sellout?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Sweet. Let keep recruiting these scorers for the Huskies. Could have used one more goal tonight. Can't believed we pissed away a 4-1 lead. Rare bad showing by Faragher.

Yeah it was. Hopefully he rebounds tonight, if he plays. Horrible game for the refs too, really lost control of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad