Official College Hockey Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
The NCAA didn't screw over the WCHA. The B1G formed and there was nothing those schools could do about it. Did the NCHC have to form? Maybe not, but that is well in the past now.

JW20

Dec 18, 2013
The NCAA didn't screw over the WCHA. The B1G formed and there was nothing those schools could do about it. Did the NCHC have to form? Maybe not, but that is well in the past now.

The Big10 is to blame for the new conferences I believe. I'm a Gopher fan and HATE the Big10.

MNState0fHockey

Jun 14, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
I hate how much the NCAA has screwed over the WCHA. I've had little desire to watch this year, they sure haven't made it any easier either.

This NCHA junk is annoying...

Ferris St. seriously leading the "WCHA"?

Big Ten is gross and stupid, not for hockey. Love that classic rivalries are basically null...

If you're a fan of "classic rivalries", Minnesota has more history playing Michigan and Michigan State than many of the programs in the old WCHA. Not saying I'm a huge fan of the realignment, but it's not all horrible either. Getting Michigan back on the schedule regularly is great.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I really wish they would've waited a few years to see if they could get a couple more Big 10 schools to start hockey programs. Having only 6 teams sucks.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, UW did only score one goal too. Pretty small margin of error. Not sure they win that game even if Rumpel started.

If it makes you feel any better, the Gophers slept walked thru their Friday game too.

UW scored twice. Idk what it is but the team plays with more confidence and structure when Rumpel's in net. UAA isn't a team to mess around with this year, they are a lot better than past years.

I saw you guys tied and lost in the thing that Minnesotans hate the most. Bummer considering the shootout actually determined who went to the first place game.

MNState0fHockey

Jun 14, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
UW scored twice. Idk what it is but the team plays with more confidence and structure when Rumpel's in net. UAA isn't a team to mess around with this year, they are a lot better than past years.

I saw you guys tied and lost in the thing that Minnesotans hate the most. Bummer considering the shootout actually determined who went to the first place game.

Still a small margin for error.

Gophers didn't deserve to advance to the title game.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Still a small margin for error.

Gophers didn't deserve to advance to the title game.

Joel Rumpel played in net tonight and the badgers won 4-3. I swear there is something to Rumpel playing and the badgers winning. Rumpel is 8-1 this year with a 1.93 GAA and 92.8% save percentage. Peterson is 3-5-1 3.47 GAA and 87.9% save percentage (3-3-1 2.14 GAA 90.9% save percentage without the Boston debacle.). The badgers just bring it more when Rumpel is in net. Also credit to UAA, they have a hell of team that appears worlds better than years past.

Nice 6-2 win tonight.

MNState0fHockey

Jun 14, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Joel Rumpel played in net tonight and the badgers won 4-3. I swear there is something to Rumpel playing and the badgers winning. Rumpel is 8-1 this year with a 1.93 GAA and 92.8% save percentage. Peterson is 3-5-1 3.47 GAA and 87.9% save percentage (3-3-1 2.14 GAA 90.9% save percentage without the Boston debacle.). The badgers just bring it more when Rumpel is in net. Also credit to UAA, they have a hell of team that appears worlds better than years past.

Nice 6-2 win tonight.

Interesting. Has Peterson always started the first night of series and Rumpel the second night? A few years ago the Gophers got into a bad habit of dropping Friday night games and then winning on Saturday. Could UW have something similar going on? Not discounting that who's in net has an impact on a team's offense, because I do think it does. Sometimes teams play a little looser when they have confidence in the goaltending behind them. Maybe the team lost confidence in Peterson after the Boston trip?

Was a good bounce back game for the Gophers. I hope Friday night doesn't become a habit.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Interesting. Has Peterson always started the first night of series and Rumpel the second night? A few years ago the Gophers got into a bad habit of dropping Friday night games and then winning on Saturday. Could UW have something similar going on? Not discounting that who's in net has an impact on a team's offense, because I do think it does. Sometimes teams play a little looser when they have confidence in the goaltending behind them. Maybe the team lost confidence in Peterson after the Boston trip?

Was a good bounce back game for the Gophers. I hope Friday night doesn't become a habit.

No idea if the Friday-Saturday theory is true. Peterson has had 6 Friday starts and 3 Saturday starts. Friday he is 1-4-1 and Saturday he is 2-1 so that theory could make sense. Rumpel is 3-0 in 4 GP on Friday and 5-1 on Saturdays. I would say Peteson's confidence is shattered and the other players know that so they try to do too much.

I doubt it will become a habit. That was the first series after holiday break for the gophers correct?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I took a peak over on the USCHO boards and I found someone that agrees with me about the goaltending situation.
Wisko Mcbadgerton said:
Speaking of stats, I gotta believe that barring injury or some other weird circumstance, Petey has started his last game for quite awhile.

Landon Peterson- 3-5-1 (.879 save %)

Joel Rumpel- 7-1-0 (.932 save %)

I don't even think those stats are entirely Petey's fault. For whatever reason the boys just won't play well in front of him. I don't know why. Maybe Petey lost them at the Boston Massacre and just hasn't ever been able to get them back.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
8-0 exhibition win over the U-18. Odd game to watch. Can't really cheer against Team USA, felt like a glorified scrimage which is basically was. Just glad no one was hurt. But if we can put together some goals like we did tonight, 2nd half could be a LOT of fun.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Badgers beat Michigan 5-2. It was 3-2 late but Mersch scored and empty net goal and then scored a 2-on-1 goal to cap off a hat trick. Great win, looking forward to see the crowd numbers tomorrow cause the roads in Wisco are really slippery. It was also great to hear Paul Braun and Bill Howard call the game on the radio with Brian Posick helping here and there.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Be careful, or else She might make sure you are stuck to only rubbing them out! :laugh:

No worries - her college hockey loyalty goes Gophers > Huskies > Pioneers.

She actually said she might go to the game tonight (she's finishing up school in Denver) and cheer for St. Cloud.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Badgers complete the sweep of Michigan after a 3-1 win. It got chippy towards the end of the game after a Michigan player took a penalty with less than a minute left and then proceeded to shove Zengerle over after the whistle blew (like he should of just skated by to the box like a good boy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad