Official College Hockey Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I'll get some friends in Toledo pulling for the Minnesota teams, maybe I can get some up to Grand Rapids to cheer on the U.

The Walleye have had two St. Cloud players Nick Oslund, who I randomly saw at the Final Five last weekend when he said "Toledo Walleye" as we walked by and this season Travis Novak.

They also have a Mankato product in Youds who has been playing really well for them when he hasn't been at Rockford.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Cool thing about the games today is that if you are still at work when they start they will be streaming on espn3.com (or espn.go.com is what I believe it's called now). Or if you don't have ESPN U that should work too.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
It would be epic is the frozen 4 was 3 WCHA teams and 1 other scrub team. WCHA is so underrated and I'm going to miss the heck out of it.

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
I have $20 riding on Minnesota winning it all. I'm only scared of Wisconsin, UMass Lowell, and UND a little. Too bad the Gophers are going to be mediocre at best next year. Bjugstad, Schmidt, Helgeson are all going pro.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Go:

NCAA-WINPUCK-MIN11-2T.jpg

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I have $20 riding on Minnesota winning it all. I'm only scared of Wisconsin, UMass Lowell, and UND a little. Too bad the Gophers are going to be mediocre at best next year. Bjugstad, Schmidt, Helgeson are all going pro.

Probably Haula and Budish, too.

I don't think the Gophers will ever be mediocre in the Big 10..Even with these losses, I think they'll still be predicited to finish near the top.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
There may have been more people in attendance at my son's Bantam games this past season than at this game...

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Hudson Fasching, too.

I'm a little worried with Fasching's lack of production this year but he should be a good one too. I think Justin Kloos is a kid that's going to surprise a lot of people, despite winning Mr. Hockey he's often overlooked as far as Gopher recruits go.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm a little worried with Fasching's lack of production this year but he should be a good one too. I think Justin Kloos is a kid that's going to surprise a lot of people, despite winning Mr. Hockey he's often overlooked as far as Gopher recruits go.

Lettieri as well....

Back to Fasching, I've been watching him play since he was a 1st year squirt. He is the same age as my older son and they've matched up against each other dozens of times between youth, summer, and high school hockey. He's a great talent.

Last edited:

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
No love for Justin Kloos...

Gophers have an entire state to them to recruit from they will be fine now that Guntzel is coaching again

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
From what I've heard Lettieri isn't a sure thing to come in next year, it will depend on who goes pro. Cammarata, Fasching, Kloos, Brodzinski, and Guertler will be in next year for sure.

Brodzinski will be a stud on the blueline.

Gophers are looking a little sloppy so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad